Kazuma's Top 41 Season 1 Episodes

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Well guys, this is my first list since joining the site! So I decided that I would make a Season 1 countdown list!
I'll get started by saying that I am not using "too overrated" as an excuse to put a good episode lower on the list.
I will put them depending on how much I like them, that's all.
So let's get started with #41!

- 41 -

2.png

Episode - 07a - Hall Monitor

That's right, my least favorite season 1 episode is Hall Monitor! I'll start up by saying although this is 41 on my list, this is probably average if I were to rate every episode in the series. I don't REALLY REALLY hate this episode or any other season 1 episode.
So, onto the review... Hall Monitor has never been one of my favorite Spongebob episodes I found the humor kind of boring and it annoys me that Ms. Puff got sent to jail but not Spongebob... HE WAS THE MANIAC. It's not Ms. Puff's responsiblity what Spongebob does when he's not in class. But Patrick was spot on in this episode, much better than Spongebob's perfomance, who I found annoying throughout this episode.. So yeah, I don't really like this episode, but I don't hate it either, it's kinda meh to me.

Best Character : Patrick
Worst Character : Spongebob

Best Quote : Patrick: "WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE Spongebob! I see him!"

Hints for #40 + 39
40 - Buzz, buzz.
39 - Poseidon

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
40 must be Nature Pants and 39 must be Neptune's Spatula.

Hall Monitor I loved! Nature Pants was bad, and Neptunes Spatula was good. But those are just my opinions.

hfjs

Ah, these kinds of lists take me back....

Anyways, I loved Hall Monitor and like Neptunes Spatula.

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Milkmaidman said:

If I Was A Teenage Gary and BuffPants are high on this list...
Haha, they won't be too high!

-40-
37_thumb.jpg

Episode - 9a - Nature Pants

Ah, Nature Pants, the episode where Spongebob decides to run around naked and pretend he's a jellyfish. In concept, this episode could've been very interesting. But, it ended up making Patrick go completely insane! I don't understand why Spongebob goes to the wilderness anyway.. he loses all his friends and his job that he loves. But Squidward was great in this episode ( as he usually is ) so that's probably the best thing about it. The bad thing, Squidward only appears in two scenes, and the rest of the episode didn't make up for it in my honest opinion.

Best Character : Squidward
Worst Character : Patrick
Best Quote : SpongeBob: And Squidward, I want you to have my can opener.
Squidward: And I thought this friendship would never pay off.

-39-
3_thumb.jpg

Episode - 19b - Neptune's Spatula

This is one of those episodes I forgot even existed, honestly. I think when an episode is forgettable, it's not really that good in my book. In this episode, King Neptune challenges to a Krabby Patty making competition.. Spongebob wins and he gets to go to Atlantis ( The GOOD Atlantis, not the one Spongebob actually goes to ) anyway, Spongebob has to leave Patrick in order to go to Atlantis, so he says no to the offer ( why did he leave Patrick to be a Jellyfish earlier this season? ) That's basically the gist of this episode, it was just kinda meh to me, not great but not bad either. They need to show this episode more on TV, it's kinda screwed since it's paired with the April Fools episode but oh well.
Best Character: King Neptune
Worst Character: Mr. Krabs for not believing in Spongebob!
Best Quote: Patrick: Say, have you gotten taller?

* Edit- added Best Character Worst Character and Best Quote sections for Neptune's Spatula

Hints for #38-36
38- ....
37- Meow. Meow.
36- Could the greatest fry cook do this, Mr Krabs?

hfjs

38 is Pickles???
IWATG is 37 hip hip hooray
36 is Squeaky Boots

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I just wanted to say thanks everyone for commenting these last few days, I'm new at this and it means alot, thanks guys!

Milkmaidman said:
38 is Pickles???
IWATG is 37 hip hip hooray
36 is Squeaky Boots
You are 66.6% correct!

-38-
38_thumb.jpg

Episode - Reef Blower - 1b
* the hint was "..." becuase there is no speaking in this episode*
Reef Blower is a classic, it is a great episode, but there are better season 1 episodes. The concept of a no-speech episode is very interesting, it could make a really good full episode in my opinion, you don't need speech in a cartoon to be funny. This episode also debuts the Reef Blower
( which I think is only brought back in Squidville, which is odd. ) This episode is the only short episode in this season, and there isn't another one for quite some time in the series. A classic episode, but, again, there are better episodes in season 1 in my opinion.
Best Character : Spongebob
( I'm not going to bother with Best Quote and Worst Character for this episode.. )

-37-
3_thumb.jpg

Episode - 13b - I Was A Teenage Gary
* Just noticed that this episode and the Halloween special are in the 13th pair of episodes, wonder if it was a coincidence?*
From what I've read around the forums, this and Nature Pants are more often than not hated and placed at the bottom of season 1 lists. When looking at this episode individually, it is not as bad as some of the other zombie-ish related or Gary abuse episodes in later seasons "A Pal for Gary" much? Anyway, in IWATG Squidward is pet-sitting Gary for Spongebob and he forgets to feed Gary for 3 days. Gary needs medicine that turns anyone who uses it into a snail for some reason. And the doctor and Spongebob are both squeamish, so Squidward has to inject the medicine to Gary, but accidentally gives it to Spongebob, who eventually gets Squidward as well, The episode closes out with the 3 snails singing and Squidward gets hit by a rock ( he deserved it ) So, this episode was just boring, but it was still much better Nature Pants.
Best Character: Patrick
Worst Character : Squidward
Best Quote : Squidward: Would you please stop leaving your undergarments on my front lawn?

-36-
2_thumb.jpg

Episode - 08b - Squeaky Boots
In this episode, Spongebob gets a pair of boots from Mr. Krabs since Pearl doesn't want them.*Small Tangent* The one thing I don't get about the hate against Pearl is that she's the spoiled daughter archetype ( Angelica Pickles, Rhonda Wellington Lloyd... you get the picture.. ) But people hate her character for that! She's supposed to a brat, it's her character! Anyway, the boots make a really annoying sound for some reason and it drives Mr. Krabs insane, so he attempts to get rid of them, but he ends up having to eat them for some reason.. he could've just told Spongebob he didn't like the sound they made, he is his boss.. So this was just a run-of-the mill episode not great, just average. I thought the squeaking was an annoying gag in general.
Best Character : Mr. Krabs
Worst Character : Spongebob
Best Quote : Mr. Krabs: Look, don’t cry. I got some, uhh, some magic oven mitts!

Hints for 35-34 : ( I only did three today since Reef Blower is a short episode )

These two are both Holiday Specials, but which ones?

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Milkmaidman said:
Fools in April is a holiday special....

tumblr_m1fdsr5k5X1qkam0vo1_500.gif
Yeah it is, what's your point?

Sorry for not updating this list, I misplaced my word document with all my summaries on it! I'll update this in a few days , sorry for the inconvience I guess?

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Milkmaidman said:
Look at the gif :p, meaning it should never be that low on any list/
You're right! And the gif didn't show up on my phone, sorry.

-35-
2_thumb.jpg

Episode - 16a - Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is another one of those episodes where Patrick is completely obnoxious, seriously. I know people like him in this episode, but I don't. I didn't like the Sponge abuse. He got Patrick one of the best presents ever and he was really annoying. I just didn't really like this episode, maybe it helps that Valentines Day isn't one of my favorite holidays either. I did like the Hey Arnold Valentines Day episode, however. I did like Sandy in this episode, which is rare nowadays since she doesn't appear often anymore, oh well.
Favorite Character: Sandy
Worst Character : Patrick
Best Quote : Lady Fish: Hey SpongeBob, thanks for the bike! (talking to Patrick) Can you believe this guy? I just met him this morning!

-34-
3_thumb.jpg

Episode - 13a - Scaredy Pants
An episode FILLED with Sponge abuse look, I know its Halloween and everything but it's still mean. I really don't like when Spongebob Abuse is a prominent episode gag. I mean come on, Spongebob gives EVERYONE in town a Valentine's Day gift. Sure, he isn't exactly scary or the bravest character, but he is endlessly kind. Why are you guys so mean to him? But I'm glad he got em back in the end. This episode is still funny though, we're starting to get into the better season 1 episodes, folks!
Best Character : Flying Dutchman
Worst Character : Mr. Krabs

HInts for 33-32
33 - It's the Best Day Ever! Best Day Ever!
32 - I'm a Jerk and everybody loves me!

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Well I don't like it but that doesn't have to stop you! :)

I love Scaredy Pants =/

Sorry for being inactive again, you know, school and stuff.
-33-
2_thumb.jpg

Episode - 03a - Jellyfishing
I like this episode, it introduces one of my favorite episode locations, Jellyfish Fields ( one of my top 5 of this list takes place there ) and I think the Jellyfishing based episodes are always great. ( Not Nature Pants and Spongehedge, but they are good 90% of the time ) But the Squid abuse is what puts it low on my list, sorry.

-32-
2_thumb.jpg

Episode - 11a - MuscleBob BuffPants
This episode seems to be on TV alot ( which is good, since it's partner is also on a lot, which is great ) But this episode is kinda meh, I think it should've ended with Spongebob learning that it's ok to not be the most buff person ever, since he's already good at Ka-ra-te but y'know morals, what are those? I like this episode, but it's kinda boring. A lot of Sandy episodes are kinda like this, and it kinda stinks, but oh well.

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Realized I forgot hints, um

31- Aliens
30 - Final prominent Sandy Based season 1 episode ( not on this list but in season 1 )

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Sorry to keep you waiting!

-31-
h4KOeJQ.jpg

Episode 31 - Sandy's Rocket

This episode was pretty average. I kinda wish that there was more Sandy in this episodes, because Sandy has VERY few episodes throughout the series and well, an episode called Sandy's Rocket, should you know, have alot of Sandy in it. And to people who say Sandy wasn't scientific in season 1, here's your proof that she was in fact, "science Sandy" So, pretty average episode in general, had some good parts. ( I actually owned the book version)

-30-
TNmNHP7.jpg
\
Episode 30 - Texas

I really like this episode, we finally get some Sandy backstory and we get a new song. I love the song in this episode. The stereotypical Texas jokes are hilarious and so was Sandy beating up Spongebob and Patrick. This is Sandy's finest season 1 moment in my opnion ( although thats not saying much, season one was TERRIBLE for Sandy. )

Back