Show News "Kamp Koral" SB Prequel title greenlit by Nickelodeon!

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I like how they're experimenting with ideas but if this isn't done correctly, it could have disasterous effects on both SpongeBob SquarePants and Nickelodeon!

It would have been safer if they did this in an episode of the parent series instead of wasting money on a spin-off that may not even do well

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Call it a hunch, but I don’t think Paul Tibbitt’s too happy with this announcement.
88F94E2E-3A75-4632-89A5-E3ABFDCFEFFD.jpeg
I think he has every right to be mad at Nick for selling SpongeBob out after Steve’s passing, but I’m gonna remain cautiously optimistic, and hope people behind Nick’s doors aren’t intentionally ruining SpongeBob’s legacy All Grown Up!-style.

Last edited:
That is absolutely disgusting of Nickelodeon. I should have realized that they decided to create a bunch of spinoffs right after Stephen's death because he was preventing them from making spinoffs. Although I'm sure I'll end up watching this new series out of my obsession with the franchise, I'm not ashamed to say that I'll be doing so through illegal streaming so that Nickelodeon won't wake any money from it.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Interesting thoughts from Paul. I'll be as cynical as he is some days, but I'm inclined to look on the hopeful side and believe there will be some redeeming qualities to the series beyond the money-grubbing. I mean, let's be real folks: it's always [at least a little bit] about money. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad.

YouDontKnowSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I like the ideas of spin-offs but I agree with Stephen about the trend of de-againg popular cartoon characters.

I will only watch the first episode just to see what this new series is like but will ignore the rest.

They should have went with a spin-off focusing on the background fish which could still keep the spirit of the main series.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Call it a hunch, but I don’t think Paul Tibbitt’s too happy with this announcement.
View attachment 11244
I think he has every right to be mad at Nick for selling SpongeBob out after Steve’s passing, but I’m gonna remain cautiously optimistic, and hope people behind Nick’s doors aren’t intentionally ruining SpongeBob’s legacy All Grown Up!-style.
Everyone hates Paul Tibbitt and how he ran the show. That was disrespectful to S.H.

But one of the tweets is right, it was still watchable. :) He tried his best.

Back