Disney Jungle Book vs Lilo and Stitch

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
@bpop5998 What do *you* think of those 2 films? Feel free to share your own opinions. It makes for much better conversation. :)

Depends on what Jungle Book we're talking about... the original? Well before my time, though I've caught most of it through bits and pieces of TV airings and YouTube clips. The CGI remake? I quite enjoyed that one, being broadly familiar with the story, having read some of Rudyard Kipling's writing, and generally thinking it was a strong script with some excellent acting and CGI.

I'd have to agree with @ssj4gogita4 on Lilo and Stich, however. It wasn't a film I grew up with either, having been released as I was on the cusp of teenage-hood... I just didn't have an interest in it. I have since watched it a couple times, and I quite like the story and the animation. It's a very strong entry in the Disney canon, though I grew up with the Disney Renaissance (and 1940s Disney classics) myself.

Neither of the films move me in the same way as some other animated classics, but that's as much nostalgia on my part as it is the merits of the films themselves.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I was so young when I watched The Jungle Book I don't remember much of it other than thinking it was okay. I have more vivid memories of the 1994 live-action film adaptation because that version creeped me out as a kid with all the violence and death. Lilo and Stitch, I have much fonder memories of since it's actually something I grew up. I loved the first movie, I liked the sequel, and I enjoyed what I watched of Lilo and Stitch: The Series. I didn't stay into the franchise after that, but it still has much more pleasant nostalgia for me.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
i like Lilo & Stitch more than The Jungle Book.. then why we are talk about both movies? i don't remember Jungle Book have any aliens in it

Back