Joe Whyte or Bob Joles as a Mr. Krabs fill in?

Cha

I love SBM
I saw this discussion on the link below, so I'd like to bring it here. In many of the SB video games, Clancy Brown (the original voice of Mr. Krabs) doesn't voice the ol' crustacean. In those cases, one of the men in the title fills in for Clancy. Of course no one can do a Eugene like he does, but which do you prefer? I think Bob captures more of the pirate talk, while Joe's is a little more calmer. But Bob's is definitely closer to Mr. Krab's tone.

To listen to the differences between voices:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/SpongeBob-SquarePants/Mr-Krabs/

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Ok the actual voice clips don't seem to work for me, so I have no clue. (I've never heard Krabs in a video game; just the original and German dub).

Otherwise.. Tara Strong did Twilight Sparkle, not Applejack... Applejack was voiced by the same actress who did Rainbow Dash.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Squidina said:
Ok the actual voice clips don't seem to work for me, so I have no clue. (I've never heard Krabs in a video game; just the original and German dub).

Otherwise.. Tara Strong did Twilight Sparkle, not Applejack... Applejack was voiced by the same actress who did Rainbow Dash.
Tara may have not done Applejack on MLP but she did do good impression of her in a few MAD sketches

I said that because she's hot

Supmandude

Squog
Weird, I thought they were the same when I heard him in Truth or Square. To be honest, Joe Whyte and Bob Joles sound more like each other than either of them sound like Clancy Brown.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
I think Bob Joles would be a perfect fill in for Brown. Whyte's impression was good but not as good. Plus, his impression of Mermaid Man makes him sound drunk.

More

VIP
I think neither Whyte nor Joles does it well. Both are very inaccurate. Why doesn't Clancy just voice Mr Krabs?

Supmandude

Squog
Plus, his impression of Mermaid Man makes him sound drunk.
Speaking of which, have we ever gotten information on who's going to take over now that Ernest Borgnine has died? Personally, I hope they don't just stop using him all together because he was too good of a character and even though Ernest Borgnine was perfect for the role, I don't think it'd be disrespectful to keep Mermaid Man alive without him. I thought the guy who did his voice in Lights, Camera, Pants was almost perfect and didn't actually realize until recently that wasn't the real voice. Maybe they should get him, he'd be way better than Joe Whyte.

Although, I find it weird they've still never done an episode dedicated to Ernest Borgnine. Maybe they still have some episodes with Mermaid Man with lines already recorded by him and are saving it until his last apperence on the show or something?

More

VIP
Supmandude said:
Speaking of which, have we ever gotten information on who's going to take over now that Ernest Borgnine has died? Personally, I hope they don't just stop using him all together because he was too good of a character and even though Ernest Borgnine was perfect for the role, I don't think it'd be disrespectful to keep Mermaid Man alive without him. I thought the guy who did his voice in Lights, Camera, Pants was almost perfect and didn't actually realize until recently that wasn't the real voice. Maybe they should get him, he'd be way better than Joe Whyte.

Although, I find it weird they've still never done an episode dedicated to Ernest Borgnine. Maybe they still have some episodes with Mermaid Man with lines already recorded by him and are saving it until his last apperence on the show or something?
The upcoming episode Kenny the Cat might be an episode referencing his passing.

Back