Jailbreaking/Rooting

sbl

totally active
I know that probably not a lot of you will Jailbreak your iDevice or Root your Android device, but I just put this topic here for like discussion and stuffz.

Discuss. BTW I'm jailbreaking my iPod touch right now

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
I rooted my phone a few months ago to move files to my SD card.

::dolphin noise:: you, Google.

Aside from that, though, there's not much of a point in rooting an Android device since it already has a lot of iOS's jailbreak features out of the box. But, yeah, app backups, free in-app purchases, etc. are some nice added bonuses with root.

Jailbreaking an iOS device was essential for me to actually do stuff. :P I don't own an iPod Touch anymore, though.

The Drifter

Some person.
I don't see any point to root my device. Argh, actually I'm just lazy, but I would probably root my Android when I got time (read: almost never).

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
I decided to jailbreak my iPad a while ago. Man, iOS 8 broke a crapton of stuff. o.O

I can't use iFile anymore (crashes immediately), and apparently Install0us is gone now? Tried App Cake, it wouldn't open. Got an older version from a different repository and it opened, but I couldn't download any apps. MobileTerminal crashes instantly. Can't use iAP Cracker. What the ::dolphin noise:: can I use?

Hopefully, this'll be fixed.

Don't count on it. Never jailbroken but I think pretty much everything was cracked down in iOS 8. Good thing I didn't get that update.

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
BagelsinEurope said:
Don't count on it. Never jailbroken but I think pretty much everything was cracked down in iOS 8. Good thing I didn't get that update.
From what I've seen, there are developers updating their apps to iOS 8/8.1. And, it's already been hacked. :P

So, anyway, I couldn't get App Cake to run. I was, however, able to install a cracked ipa file. Thing is, I don't know how I did it. I've been trying to retrace my steps for the second one, but nothing would happen. Few hours later, I was able to see the icon of the app, but it's greyed-out and says "Waiting..."

Still don't know how exactly to actually get it to run. Will update if I get it working.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I have jailbroken my iPod Touch before, but I haven't done so with either of my iPhones (traded my 4 for the 6 a couple of weeks ago) because I didn't want to void the warranty. I might try jailbreaking again once these developers hack into iOS 8, but I don't see much of a reason to.

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
Well, I tried. Only seems to have worked once.

On the bright side, AppCake was updated to 8.1. I should have just waited. :P

sbl

totally active
MOAR BREAKIN NEWZ

My iPod touch is now in a bootloop and when it turns on all my tweaks are gone thanks to an update.

DAMN IT

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
MOAR BREAKIN NEWZ

My iPod touch is now in a bootloop and when it turns on all my tweaks are gone thanks to an update.

::dolphin noise:: IT
MY IPAD IS IN ONE TOO.
WHEN I UPDATED THE PANGU THINGY IN CYDIA.

How'd you get yours to turn on though?

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
ssj4gogita4 said:
Reporting everyone in this topic to the proper authorities.
Jailbreaking is legal. :bullshrimp:

In other news, I got my iPad working again and re-jailbroke it. Working fine so far, but if you're going to update to Pangu 1.0.2 don't do it through Cydia. Do it through the Pangu app, or you'll get a bootloop like I did.

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
Been there, done that. I jailbroke my iPod touch with Cydia back in iOS 4, until I locked myself out. :P

Doc Hunter

Banished
AcidicDragon said:
...I got my iPad working again and re-jailbroke it. Working fine so far, but if you're going to update to Pangu 1.0.2 don't do it through Cydia. Do it through the Pangu app, or you'll get a bootloop like I did.
HEADACHE, HEADACHE, AND LOTS OF HEADACHE

TOO COMPLICATED; CANNOT COMPUTE

INITIATING EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN IN 3, 2, 4, 6 DAYS, 12 YEARS...

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I thought I'd already posted something about this, but I did jailbreak my iPad 2 once back in the iOS 6 days when that Evasi0n software was released. I only really ended up using Flux on it though, so I decided to just reinstall clean iOS instead.

sbl

totally active
Breaking News! A new jailbreak is available for iOS 8.1.1 called TaiG. Download it today!

Oh yeah, and AcidicDragon, I got my iPod to turn back on by holding the power button and the volume down button not the up.

sbl

totally active
BUMP

If you want to jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 9.0-9.0.2, use Pangu 9. There is no jailbreak for iOS 9.2 or 9.2.1 as of today.

Back