It's official!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I wrote to Jay Lender and Kaz of Spongebob Squarepants and I got a response from Jay Lender! Here's what I sent them...

I know you may or may not want to answer this question but:

I've heard so many things about SpongeBob's "new season". I've heard that there are going to be new episodes and people have proof of it but then I hear there are not but people also have proof of that. I'm wondering if you could fill me in on what's going on with my favorite nicktoon ever, SpogneBob SquarePants. Thank you for your time reading this. Hopefully, I will hear from you soon.
HERE IS WHAT JAY RESPONDED WITH!

Supersponge,
there ARE going to be new episodes of SpongeBob, and that's official.?
I think they're making 4, maybe more.
--Jay

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Dear Mr. Lender,
I have recently heard that there will be at least four more episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, and have some questions regarding them.? I understand that you may not know all the details, but I just want to try and clear a few things up.? So, here it goes.? Do you know who is in charge, when production will begin (if it has not already), and an approximate time frame of when these episodes will air?? Also, these new episodes will be part of the fourth season, correct?? I will greatly appreciate any and all information you can provide me with.? Thank you.
? Regards, David
David,
Wow, 2 in one day.? I'm way out of the loop on SpongeBob so take it all
with a grain of salt:

To the best of my knowledge Paul Tibbitt is heading up production of
the new SpongeBob episodes.? Most of the staff are SpongeBob veterans.?
Production began a few months back, I believe.? If they plan to release
any before the movie comes they're cutting it pretty close, but
stranger things have happened.? Season designations are largely
meaningless, but they're probably part of the "fourth".? Don't take
that to mean that there will be more coming.? Nick would be crazy not
to make more but I wouldn't bet my life on them following
through---they're famously fickle about these things.
--Jay

There ya go. ;)

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
I emailed Kaz, and got a reply. There's no new info that we didn't already know of, but here's what he said.
Hey David,

Here's what I know: Nickelodeon ordered four more SpongeBob half-hour shows. I'm guessing the idea is so that they'd have enough to sell 'em to syndication. Apparently, Steve stopped production before they had enough.

The new SpongeBob's are headed by an excellent SpongeBob writer and storyboard director: Paul Tibbitt. I know that Carl Greenblatt did storyboards for at least one new episode. By the way, I've worked with both Paul and Carl as storyboard director partners.

That's all I know. Paul Tibbitt called me a few months back and asked if I'd like to work on an episode ... then he never called back. In the meantime I've gotten a job on a new cartoon show for Cartoon Network. I can't really talk about it except to say that this new show was created by Joe Murray who created Rocco's Modern Life for Nickelodeon and -- was the first ever guy to hire Steve Hillenburg to work on a cartoon show before he went off and created one of the most popular cartoon characters of all time!

Hope this helps,
Kaz

Back