It's Been Ten Years Since A Pal For Gary Aired

SpongeGuy9

Imitation Krab
latest

Yep it's been 10 years since the worst episode (considered by many) of Spongebob aired

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
It's still a bad episode, but I'm getting tired of people complaining about it. It's a typical episode from Season 7, sad to say.

JoshuaBrony021

Banished
It's weird how a lot of shows have more modern episodes than classic episodes. SpongeBob is one of them
What I myself find funny is how with some shows, the classic episodes will be different from the modern episodes. This doesn’t apply to shows like SpongeBob and Family Guy, and I honestly think of “classic SpongeBob” as just a colloquialism used to describe the “good” episodes. It does, however, apply to shows such as Doctor Who and Sesame Street, which have been running for years. Compare the 11th-13th Doctors to the 1st-2nd Doctors and it feels like a different show. It’s even more different with Sesame Street. Watch the really old Sesame Street episodes, then watch the latest seasons, and you’ll see that it’s very different. Edit: Also, it’s kinda the same with TV channels too. Compare old Nickelodeon shows (You Can’t Do That On Television, Ren and Stimpy) to new ones (The Loud House, RBUK, It’s Pony). Same goes for Nick Jr., old shows (Gullah Gullah Island, Blue’s Clues, Little Bear, Little Bill) vs. new shows (Trulli Tales, Top Wing, Paw Patrol, Abby Hatcher, Shimmer and Shine).

Last edited:

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
What I myself find funny is how with some shows, the classic episodes will be different from the modern episodes. This doesn’t apply to shows like SpongeBob and Family Guy, and I honestly think of “classic SpongeBob” as just a colloquialism used to describe the “good” episodes.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Putting even quality aside, I think the tone of episodes have changed dramatically over the years, whether it's due to the animation, personalities, even background music, etc.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I have definitely noticed a tonal shift from the early seasons to the later seasons

Same thing with Rugrats but to a lesser extent

That's the result of SpongeBob's "soft reboot" after the movie in 2004

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
wow, 11 years?This episode is definetly a bad one, I would not say it's the worst but yeah...

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
This episode is the most annoying one in my opinion. And wow, 11 years...

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
dang, 10 years already? i don't remember it airing of course, but i do remember the backlash, which for me i started seeing around 8 years ago, so it's still definitely been a long time.

Back