It's Been 10 Years Since One Coarse Meal Aired

SpongeGuy9

Imitation Krab
It's been exactly 10 years ago today since the worst episode of SpongeBob aired

What are your thoughts on it a decade later?

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
lol I wouldn't consider it the worst episode but definitely not that great. 10 years, really?

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
It's in my top 5 worst list but I don't think it is the worst episode ever.

Last edited:

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
It's a bad one, but it doesn't offend me like it does some people.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
It's still the worst episode. They've come close a few times (*cough* Demolition Doofus *cough*), but haven't quite made it to OCM levels of bad.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
It is IMO the worst episode of the show and one of 4 episodes I give the worst of the worst category

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Can't believe it's been that long. Wouldn't call it the absolute worst, definitely top 5...or top 10. I don't hate it as much as I used to.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
It is IMO the worst episode of the show and one of 4 episodes I give the worst of the worst category
I agree.

I group it together with Stuck in the Wringer, Demolition Doofus and Pet Sitter Pat.

Reactions: Rex

Rex

Floating Shopping List
I agree.

I group it together with Stuck in the Wringer, Demolition Doofus and Pet Sitter Pat.

I don't hate Pet Sitter Pat as much as others. I think its bad (4/10) and I wouldn't even put it in the bottom 10 of season 8, I still think its bottom 100 worthy, probably 60 - 70 range

Stuck In The Wringer and Demolition Doofus I both give (3/10) and would rank them both pretty badly. Demolition Doofus I think is the #32 worst episode of the show and Stuck In The Wringer probably around the #40 - #50 range

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Stuck In The Wringer and Demolition Doofus I both give (3/10) and would rank them both pretty badly. Demolition Doofus I think is the #32 worst episode of the show and Stuck In The Wringer probably around the #40 - #50 range
Those are very specific numbers, why are they so low on the list? Personally I'd rank Stuck in the Wringer much higher on my worst list.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Those are very specific numbers, why are they so low on the list? Personally I'd rank Stuck in the Wringer much higher on my worst list.
I just finished my bottom 100 that's why I have those numbers which I may post here but to answer the question.

Stuck In The Wringer starts mediocre to bad but is more boring than anything. Things don't get very bad until we get to the Ice Cream Parlor. It also has small problems like when Squidward's eyes fall off. Some redeeming qualities include the bike visual gag which while cruel I oddly find funny. The episode's start is only mediocre until Patrick enters the plot which is where I believe it is bad. The reason I put it rather low is that there really just is just episodes in Spongebob I hate more.

Demolition Doofus. In your unaware I use 9 ratings

Perfect, Amazing, Great, Good, Mediocre, Bad, Awful, Abysmal, Worst Of The Worst. To be in Worst Of The Worst and Abysmal it has too have nothing or very little I enjoy about the episode. Both Demolition Doofus and STIW I both put in the Awful Range. Episodes like Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom, All That Glitters, Restraining Spongebob and Cephalopod Lodge are examples of Abysmal. One Coarse Meal, Squid Baby, The Splinter and Choir Boys are the only episodes in The Worst Of The Worst.

Demolition Doofus has some redeeming Qualiities in my eyes. The one off characters I do enjoy and thats about it. Its a horrible episode and Its a very low awful FYI #29 - 5 are Abysmal.

coft

happy hopping moron
I haven’t bothered to rewatch much past Season 5 (Season 9 is the exception). The last time I watched it was for a review I did on this very site but it wasn’t awful, that said just because a 2/10 is better than a 1/10, doesn’t make it good. There are a lot of bad Season 7 episodes so this might crack top 10 worst in season 7 but it probably wouldn’t even crack 50 overall

Waterbubble

Part Computer or Something
6f7d8441029283025ba8c22b9e58e721.gif

As in, this episode and the other 3 bad episodes are old news!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
This episode offends my best friend/shadow self, whose friend tried to commit suicide once and now she hates suicide jokes.
This episode is a disgrace.

Last edited:
Back