"It Came From Goo Lagoon" Discussion

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
On Vimeo, somebody has uploaded a writing test for a trailer which contains Season 9 clips, including some we haven't seen yet. They're set at Goo Lagoon and feature purple gooey ball things so I'd put my money on them being from "It Came From Goo Lagoon".

Click here for the video.

Screencaps:
5iSoUGK.png
aHluKz6.png

AN3b9rk.png
x8WG3NG.png

KTYIZrD.png

Whether it will eventually become a legitimate trailer or not, I don't know. For one thing, July 21st is a Sunday, not a Saturday. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But for now, the interesting part is the clips.

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
July 21 was the day the 9th season premiered. It would seem that this is a pretty old trailer.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Awesome :D Kinda a strange unofficial promo

DadMom AngryPants said:
Whether it will eventually become a legitimate trailer or not, I don't know. For one thing, July 21st is a Sunday, not a Saturday. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But for now, the interesting part is the clips.
He's referring to July 21, 2012.. Extreme Spots premiered then

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Whatever it's for, I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy again and seeing Goo Lagoon for the first time since, what, Season 6?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Jibbix said:
Whatever it's for, I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy again and seeing Goo Lagoon for the first time since, what, Season 6?
We are definitely long overdue for a Goo Lagoon episode ... good job it's double length.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The clip and pictures are really breathtaking. I'm really eager to catch season 9's first double-length episode.

And, SBRoxMan, the reason they're advertising this as a new season is because season 9 is quite recent if you think about it. Similar to how season 8 was advertised as a new season even though it already started back in 2011.

11th

Moby Dollar
SBRoxMan said:
Looks like it'll be a good episode :)

Though why is it advertised as a new season? o_O
Because it's promoting season 9, not an episode. July 21st is when it started, last year. Seems kinda' odd that it would be uploaded now, though.

Nice to see some possible clips from it. It'll be even nicer when it premiers. :b

Cha

I love SBM
At least Patrick's swim suit is an upgrade from his little black speedo and his brief bikini moment.

11th

Moby Dollar
A bit of the animation from this (fourth screencap) just played in a promo for next weekend. (No, it's not a new episode promo.)

Also, the video linked has been taken out of public viewing.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I wish this video wasn't just for private viewing. :( I'd love to see the clips. But the pictures are pretty cool!

hfjs

I'm expecting a lot of this episode since it's a special.

kev

innit
Thanks to Trophy for alerting me on this - apparently It Came From Goo Lagoon aired in Greece today, added by a user on Wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable site, but keep reading). There's some evidence of this, as a title card was uploaded to the SpongeBob Wiki:

300px-It_came_from_goo_lagoon_title_card.jpg

The person also said the writers for it were: Marc Cecceralli, Luke Brookshier, Derek Iversen, and Mr. Lawrence.

The United Kingdom is also getting this special next month, as well. What is it with countries nabbing this special before us?
tongue.png

Didn't know where to put it :p

[mod=.]Info found at SBC[/mod]

Back