Is Spongebob Autistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
I guess this can be true. But I'm in a drawing class, learning how to create a character, and the teacher always says we need to exagerate in lines(drawings) and in personatily too... Well, at least this isn't that ::dolphin noise:: about the "7 deadly sins".

iedasb

Crazy Artist
BabySmitty said:
wait, what's that? another theory?
I guess this theory is more known in my country...

spongebob-theories-seven-deadly-sins.jpg
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/spongebob-and-the-7-deadly-sins.4347551/

BabySmitty

Porous Freak

The Drifter

Some person.
Right off the bat I find it mildly funny that, somehow, Patrick seems to be a representation of all of the seven deadly sins. That was my first thought.
You know, come to think about it, even with the characterization changes in post movie, this theory is still (somewhat) relevant in some way.

léo elbarto

Bomb-Selling Pirate
PinkPearl said:
He was just sharing his opinion, not trying to force it on you. The good thing about fan theories is that they aren't proven fact and you don't have to agree with them :)

One thing I wanted to say earlier but deleted for some reason was to consider the fact that Spongebob is a cartoon character, and he's probably not the only one to act this way. I mean, it is a cartoon, so characters are going to act like this once in a while. Real people can exhibit any of these characteristics at once as well, but it doesn't mean they have autism. But of course, that doesn't mean Spongebob doesn't have it either...
sorry, didn't mean to sound agressive, I just think people tend to overanalyse everything in cartoon nowdays

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
léo elbarto said:
sorry, didn't mean to sound agressive, I just think people tend to overanalyse everything in cartoon nowdays
of course people overanalyze cartoons. that's why we're here. to share our stupid thoughts with the rest of the spongebob fandom

or in the case of dadmom angrypants, awesome fanfics

PinkPearl

insert title here

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
I see this theory applied to so many shows that I'm not sure it can be an "official" fan theory anymore. I think it brings up some interesting points, but I don't think it was ever meant to be intentional.

Also, how is Gary supposed to represent gluttony?
He eats fungus.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
MasiHosseini said:
He eats fungus.
PinkPearl said:
I see this theory applied to so many shows that I'm not sure it can be an "official" fan theory anymore. I think it brings up some interesting points, but I don't think it was ever meant to be intentional.

Also, how is Gary supposed to represent gluttony?
actually its because everytime we see spongebob with him or talking about him, its because he needs to feed it, and because gary eats a lot...(i dont see this as well :T)

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
iedasb said:
actually its because everytime we see spongebob with him or talking about him, its because he needs to feed it, and because gary eats a lot...(i dont see this as well :T)
As a cat owner I can testify that yes, cats do eat a lot, especially bigger ones.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
BabySmitty said:
As a cat owner I can testify that yes, cats do eat a lot, especially bigger ones.
ikr. i already owned a cat. but this isnt really "glutonny" :T thats why i dont believe gary is glutonny, hes just a "cat"

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Getting BACK ON TOPIC, there's one symptom the OP didn't mention that SB has shown: Resistance to Change, specifically in the Krusty Dogs.
I disagree. He was upset about that because cooking Krabby Patties is his passion. Nobody would like something they're passionate about to be taken away

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
SBRoxMan said:
I disagree. He was upset about that because cooking Krabby Patties is his passion. Nobody would like something they're passionate about to be taken away
Exactly. Spongebob seems like a guy who welcomes change. Wasn't that the entire point of the episode "Patty Hype?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back