Is Nickelodeon really running out of ideas?

Do you think Nickelodeon is really running out of ideas?

• YES! Nick is about to die soon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Greetings, people of SBMania. Lets have a concern about our beloved channel, Nickelodeon.

We all know that the new shows like Breadwinners and Pig, Goat, Banana, Cricket; are the most dull, boring and stupid Nick shows ever. While SpongeBob is now improving, thanks to Stephen Hillenberg's return; The Fairly OddParents is going downhill during the Sparky and Chloe Carmichael era. The TFOP writers are actually running out of ideas by ripping off classic TFOP episodes. The scheduling and narration of our channel is sometimes wrong. Because of this, this feels like my proof that Nick is running out of ideas.

Do you think this is true? Feel free to comment.

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
In Retrospective terms, Yes. Nick honestly hasn't been good since at the least 2005 when coming up with new concepts for shows in my opinion. Shows becoming bad is one thing but the scheduling was awful. like in 2009 - 2015 it was like the SpongeBob Network for gods sake. Not saying i don't enjoy a SpongeBob rerun here and there but it just gets really annoying after a while, knowing that nick has other shows other than SpongeBob. and at that, Nick barely doesn't have any cartoons now a days not including the Nick.Jr block. They have SpongeBob, Loud House, Pinkey Malinky (which hasn't aired yet) and Welcome to the Wane.

It's not that they are run out of ideas. Seriously, people pitch the shows to Nickelodeon,Nickelodeon itself doesn't come up with shows. If Nickelodeon approves, they get aired. That's the problem. Nickelodeon refuses to give animatied shows chances. They either don't get pitched or they don't advertise their shows or Nickelodeon pitches something uninteresting and people don't bother with it. FOP and Bunsen is a Beast ended because Butch Hartman wanted to leave. Breadwinners died. Pig Goat Banana Cricket moved to Nicktoons and it's waiting to die. Welcome to the Wayne is new but nobody seems to be interested I think. Does anyone really wanna check out The Adventures of Kid Danger? SpongeBob, The Loud House and Alvinnn and the Chipmunks are going on but Avinnn isn't even a new concept and SpongeBob is still a cash grab. I don't care for The Loud House but it's literally the only Nick show with actual fans and good ratings. One show isn't enough. Nick needs to cancel live-action shows and focus on getting good animators and advertise the heck out of those shows, instead of focusing on 2-3 animated shows only. There's no variety in Nick shows, so that's why Nick has been failing over and over. But kids watch it, I suppose that's something but tbh It's hard for Nick to focus on all ages these days when they only seem to care about kid viewers and cash grab shows. I honestly don't care anymore. I only watch new SpongeBob episodes online and I lost faith in Nickelodeon making a quality animated show a long time ago. I recommend to watch OK K.O. Lets Be Heroes or Star vs The Forces of Evil If those shows are your thing because those are the only recent animated shows that matter to me (I also watch Steven Universe but it's inconsistent and on hiatus a lot, so.)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I feel as though Nickelodeon’s clearly headed south as a variety network over the past decade, I don’t think it’ll end very soon. Even with network TV clinging on to dear life and about to become unreasonable any day, I’m sure the Nickelodeon brand will evolve in some way.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
SpongeBuddyPH said:
Greetings, people of SBMania. Lets have a concern about our beloved channel, Nickelodeon.

We all know that the new shows like Breadwinners and Pig, Goat, Banana, Cricket; are the most dull, boring and stupid Nick shows ever. While SpongeBob is now improving, thanks to Stephen Hillenberg's return; The Fairly OddParents is going downhill during the Sparky and Chloe Carmichael era. The TFOP writers are actually running out of ideas by ripping off classic TFOP episodes. The scheduling and narration of our channel is sometimes wrong. Because of this, this feels like my proof that Nick is running out of ideas.

FOP was officially announced to be cancelled about a week or 2 ago, happily.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Not really. They get good shows, they just throw them away. Look at Korra, Harvey, and Wayne. All decent to good shows that were thrown away for seasons 10/11 SpongeBob, The Loud House, and The Adventures of Kid Danger.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Not really. They get good shows, they just throw them away. Look at Korra, Harvey, and Wayne. All decent to good shows that were thrown away for seasons 10/11 SpongeBob, The Loud House, and The Adventures of Kid Danger.
At least 2/3rds of these are good

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I agree completely with Master WhoBob.

The problem with Nickelodeon isn't that they're running out of ideas. The problem is, they're doing a lousy job picking up new content to air. Television is a dying breed, and Nickelodeon is desperately trying to hang onto their audience by incorporating these cheap, easy-to-make Live Action programs that rely heavily on current modern and "hip" trends to attract their audience, away from the Internet. Nick really just needs a massive overhaul, revamping it's channel overall (Refocusing on animation as Master WhoBob had stated), emphasizing on bringing in a wide variety of new content. It's pretty pathetic how this is the first time since 1992 that Nick has only 3 Nicktoons currently in production. The biggest problem with the network, aside from it's live action programming, is Nick @ Nite. Nick @ Nite is a tired, old block looping the same general 3-4 shows as the years go by, and really needs to be retired. Possibly replaced by NickSplat, or just featuring regular programming during this time. Considering how Nick @ Nite takes up more time each day overall, in comparison to the time in which just regular Nickelodeon is broadcasting is terrible.

DoodleToonsDood

Banished
I think Nickelodeon's running out of ideas. All their good shows from this decade like Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks, FanBoy and Chum Chum, and Bunsen ended too soon while their terrible shows like Loud House, Kid Danger and it's live action counterpart, Thundermans, and Alvin continue to live. At least SpongeBob started to become good again and Pinky Malinky's (hopefully) coming out soon.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi

nah only 2 current nick shows i know of are :trash: in my opinion of course

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
DoodleToonsDood said:
I think Nickelodeon's running out of ideas. All their good shows from this decade like Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks, FanBoy and Chum Chum, and Bunsen ended too soon while their terrible shows like Loud House, Kid Danger and it's live action counterpart, Thundermans, and Alvin continue to live. At least SpongeBob started to become good again and Pinky Malinky's (hopefully) coming out soon.
omg you enjoy fanboy and hate loud house like I do? :O

we're going to be friends

Back