Nickelodeon Is Nickelodeon about to become a second-run network?!?

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Broadcast television is dying. For example just the other week I changed from cable to strictly streaming services.It's a lot cheaper, and you get to watch all of your shows when you want to. While it's a shame Nickelodeon, as well as many other networks are getting less and less traction, their properties are still loved by many, and will remain to be into the future.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I wouldn't mind seeing this as maybe Paramount+ can do something better than Nick...and I think they already have with all the revivals/reboots.

Yes, I know revivals are stupid old now to even try, but Rugrats has its original voice cast, they have Kamp Koral premiering on Paramount+ instead of Nickelodeon, and they also have so many 90s Nickelodeon shows that it makes me cry just seeing them on the app.

Maybe this will make Nickelodeon re-think their platform, airings, time slots, etc. but...that's a far far far far reach. :P

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Broadcast television is dying.
Not exactly...
Broadcast via cable TV was dying.
Many people are getting off the cable TV bandwagon, going straight to free digital broadcast TV via radio waves (ATSC 1.0) using rabbit ear antennae to get their local stations This includes ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW, MyTV and PBS plus some digital subchannels with specialty programming provided by digital subchannels like MeTV, Heroes & Icons, Ion, Comet, Laff, Charge!, Antenna TV, Buzzr, getTV, This TV, Decades, etc.

For Canada (and some U.S. cities along the U.S.-Canada border, like Detroit, Michigan), there's CBC, CTV, City, TVO, Noovo, etc., and for Mexico (as well as some U.S. cities along the U.S.-Mexico border), there's the Televisa family of stations including Canal 5, Televisa Regional News, Las Estrellas, etc. for their over the airwaves options...

Whatever channels you have available to you over the airwaves depends on your market, whether it's a big market like New York City, New York, Los Angeles, California or Chicago, Illinois with hundreds of channel over the airwaves via an antenna or a small market, like Zanesville, Ohio, Alpena, Michigan or Glendive, Montana, who have one to four channels each.

Terrain, foliage and buildings are also a deciding factor in how well the TV signals come in, as well as where you point your antenna...

I have a Roku Smart TV, and like to pair the local stations with my streaming services and other Roku features.

Back