Is bunny squidward the godliest thing ever

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
TRlGN3F.jpg

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Yes.

Squidward and BUNNICULA drawn by SpongeBob/Bunnicula crew member Karl Hadrika is godlier though. :sbfunny:

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
hippythehippo said:
Just cause somethings not prequels bad doesn't mean its not bad at all. Last Jedi still sucks
Not even the prequels. It's also better than Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, and Rogue One. Most of the reasons for hating it are nit-picks that can be applied to any Star Wars movie or for not pandering to fan-service.

hippythehippo

Banished
Posted 2 minutes ago

hippythehippo, on 27 Apr 2018 - 7:11 PM, said:
hippythehippo said:
Just cause somethings not prequels bad doesn't mean its not bad at all. Last Jedi still sucks
Not even the prequels. It's also better than Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, and Rogue One. Most of the reasons for hating it are nit-picks that can be applied to any Star Wars movie or for not pandering to fan-service.
I agree with some complaints being ridiculous, but given that I liked Force Awakens, Last Jedi seemed like a step in the wrong direction. Poor pacing, plots going nowehere, little character development, the movie feeling useless in general. At least the prequels spawned the clone wars tv series, what does this offer? As a movie, it fails imo. As an addition to the Star Wars franchise, it honestly adds nothing (though the same complaint can be used for Force Awakens to be fair). The movie is a jumbled mess. It tries to surprise me, but leaves gaps and plotholes across the way. It has some good ideas, but was executed awfully. Still miles better than the prequels though.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
hippythehippo said:
I agree with some complaints being ridiculous, but given that I liked Force Awakens, Last Jedi seemed like a step in the wrong direction. Poor pacing, plots going nowehere, little character development, the movie feeling useless in general. At least the prequels spawned the clone wars tv series, what does this offer? As a movie, it fails imo. As an addition to the Star Wars franchise, it honestly adds nothing (though the same complaint can be used for Force Awakens to be fair). The movie is a jumbled mess. It tries to surprise me, but leaves gaps and plotholes across the way. It has some good ideas, but was executed awfully. Still miles better than the prequels though.
A. Pacing was worse than The Force Awakens, but it did work better for me the 2nd time. I really like how the 3 plots come together.
B. I'd say the only plot that you could argue goes nowhere is Finn's, and even he develops. Just not in an interesting way.
C. Kylo Ren chooses his path and becomes less of an unstable crybaby, Luke stops being a hermit, Rey learns of her parents, the Jedi, and the Force,, Poe learns to not be as reckless, Finn learns to not fight what you hate but save what you love (I don't like that scene, but it's still character development) Honestly I'd say the characters were some of the best aspects of the movie.
D. I thought it added a lot imo. I mean I can't recall any Star Wars movie with a story like this one, I guess there's some surface-level comparisons to The Empire Strikes Back but that's about all I noticed.

The Last Jedi wasn't quite perfect but I liked it more than pretty much almost every major blockbuster of the 2010s .

That's all I'm going to say lmao.

hippythehippo

Banished
A Still doesn't excuse the fact that the film went on o long. You could honestly trim half an hour off.

B Poe's plot is so dumb and convoluted. It seems like the writers just wanted to prove Poe wrong, so have the admiral just not tell Poe a plan that he rightfully should know? The mutiny was one of the more interesting aspects of the movie, and it just gets farted all over when apparently the Admiral is a good guy after all (still ticked off at how Akbar went, but not a jab at the movie. I understand the va died). Poe had every right to mutiny, and the plot does not make sense in general. The Admiral should have done the plan sooner to preserve ships, but we definitely needed the pointless mutiny plotline. Luke and Rey's plot was kind of lame too. It just amounted to a bunch of talking, with Luke spending a long time refusing to teach Rey, than teaching Rey, and than after that, apparently Rey can beat Luke? There is no transition to anything.

C So Kylo is more tolerable? Okay. He still is pretty bland, and has pretty generic motivation. I want power and I am evil bwha ha ha. Luke is still a hermit at the end of the movie. He dosen't even leave the planet. He's still at his hut when he dies (they wasted a great plot twist). Rey was in a pretty similar position to last movie. She's still powerful, which makes me question what going to Luke even did. I guess the ending, but how could she predict that far? Her decisions seem pretty rash throughout. Poe I can agree with. Poe was the one of best aspect of the movie for me. Just sucks that his subplot is ultimately pointless, but I agree with you there. Snoke is still a nobody who gets killed of instantly (I mean why introduce someone as powerful as him to just waste him like that?). Rose is bad (not the actor, but the characther. I hate when people call her a fat asian b****. Those people are awful. It's just a movie, grow up!). Leia supermans her way through the film, and nothing else of note happens to her.I will say that the actors were giving it 100% though, and I respect them for that.

D The story could have honestly been a Clone Wars episode imo. It seems lke a whole lot of nothingness. I didn't mean the story was similar to anything, just meant that it was poorly written imo.

To each their own though. I'm glad at least some people enjoyed this movie, but I cant grasp whats so great about it. I can further elaborate my thoughts at a later date after I give it a rewatch in the coming months. Thats all from me.

Back