If you had to lose one of your 5 senses, which one & why?

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Smell, it's the least essential and I could live without smelling some things in this world if you know what I mean. The others would be pretty weird to live without.

sorry I had to post this
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sPQ9wKG0YOg

bbbb12.e10 said:
There's more then 5 senses.....
Yes, there is a lot more. Scientists have proven there are many more senses than that.

Besides the standard 5 we know, Pressure (which was proven to be separate from touch), Itch, Thermoception (sensing heat and cold), Propriroception (sensing where your body parts are), Tension Sensors (found in muscles and the like), Nociception (sensing pain), Equilibrioception (balance), Stretch Receptors, Chemoroceptors (hormones), Thirst, Hunger, Magnetoception (ability to sense magnetic fields. Not apparently that useful to us, but has some unknown use. Also could help if the magnetic poles switch (which they are over 7,000 years late to do), which could be important for survival of big changes happen in that case), and Time. More information about these senses is in the link. With 18 senses, chopping one off is a much easier descision. I'd get rid of Chemoreceptors because hormones because that could avert problems and drama and crap. Why I didn't choose Magnetoception despite being pretty much useless is because if the magnetic poles switch, which does happen often in geologic time and is in fact overdue to happen by many years, so in a situation which could be a very big deal, that would be important, albeit unlikely. Not feeling pain sounds awesome, but is actually really bad. If we don't feel pain, we don't know what could hurt us, and that could potentially end our life faster. Itch is kind of unimportant unless we're bitten by something that needs treatment fast for us to live. Again, unlikely, but plausible.

However, if we're just getting rid of the basic 5 senses, things are much harder. Sound is pretty much the most important to me (music is practically my life). Sight is pretty important too. Touch is related to Nociception, so again that's important. Probably would chop off taste because it ruins a lot do things, but hey, it will at least make me eat more foods and be less picky. However, with knowing the 18 senses, I would never get rid of any of these.

Piston Patrick

Slam Lord
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, So
sorry I had to post this
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sPQ9wKG0YOg
Yes, there is a lot more. Scientists have proven there are many more senses than that.
Besides the standard 5 we know, Pressure (which was proven to be separate from touch), Itch, Thermoception (sensing heat and cold), Propriroception (sensing where your body parts are), Tension Sensors (found in muscles and the like), Nociception (sensing pain), Equilibrioception (balance), Stretch Receptors, Chemoroceptors (hormones), Thirst, Hunger, Magnetoception (ability to sense magnetic fields. Not apparently that useful to us, but has some unknown use. Also could help if the magnetic poles switch (which they are over 7,000 years late to do), which could be important for survival of big changes happen in that case), and Time. More information about these senses is in the link. With 18 senses, chopping one off is a much easier descision. I'd get rid of Chemoreceptors because hormones because that could avert problems and drama and crap. Why I didn't choose Magnetoception despite being pretty much useless is because if the magnetic poles switch, which does happen often in geologic time and is in fact overdue to happen by many years, so in a situation which could be a very big deal, that would be important, albeit unlikely. Not feeling pain sounds awesome, but is actually really bad. If we don't feel pain, we don't know what could hurt us, and that could potentially end our life faster. Itch is kind of unimportant unless we're bitten by something that needs treatment fast for us to live. Again, unlikely, but plausible.
However, if we're just getting rid of the basic 5 senses, things are much harder. Sound is pretty much the most important to me (music is practically my life). Sight is pretty important too. Touch is related to Nociception, so again that's important. Probably would chop off taste because it ruins a lot do things, but hey, it will at least make me eat more foods and be less picky. However, with knowing the 18 senses, I would never get rid of any of these.
If...... Um... The "uncomfortable" one isn't an option, I'll take balance, I never walk anyway, who needs it?
Everyone here is going to die a horrible death from gas leak.
You can't smell Carbon Monoxide.......

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
"I thirsty for knowledge" is a well-known saying. Maybe some people have that 'sixth sense'. ;)

Back