If Squidward Was An Excessive Jerk......

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
in the post-movie era all the time and there weren't series so-called Squid abuse/torture/whatever you wanna call it episodes and instead lots of episodes where he's acting like that and not really having many funny lines to say, would you prefer those to seeing Squiddy get hurt all the time? What if he got punishment every time he was being a jerk and what if he acted like a jerk for literally no other reason? There have been a few amount of episodes where they tried to bring back really jerky Squiddy (see Whatever Happened to SpongeBob, Sponge-Cano and Little Yellow Book for reference) that pretty much backfired.

I've been thinking about it lately cause I was watching some old cartoons with this very bizarre pairing of characters where one of them was an unlikable jerk (Daffy Duck) in almost every single cartoon and having the other character in it (Speedy) didn't really help much to actually make the shorts funny or any less extremely repetitive so it would sort of similar here to give you an idea of what I'm trying to get at here.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
I... don't know what I'd think of that or not, LOL! I have to admit that I'd like to see less of him just getting abused for no reason. And I have to admit that I did kinda giggle over Yellow Book (it was the ending, where he seemed not to have learned a thing and voided his apology or whatever, that buggered me, though)..

Cha

I love SBM
He wouldn't be a compelling character and we wouldn't really care if he got hurt or not. The point of Squidward is that we can relate to him. Sure he's grumpy and all that, but he's also one (if not the only) sane character in the world around him.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Yeah, Cha and Prez said it better than I could (I was being pestered whilst making my first post, so got distracted before even finishing my point - but as said, Cha and Prez said what I was going to conclude with.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.

Cha

I love SBM
Never forget Squidward's generosity in Christmas Who?

Back