Iconic/Memorable Things in Post-Movie Seasons?

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think that the pre-movie seasons of Spongebob overall have more iconic moments and episodes than the post-movie seasons. I'm not necessarily saying that the pre-movie seasons are better than the post-movie seasons, but I think that pre-movie seasons have more moments that are recognizable to the fans of the show and what first comes to mind when people think of Spongebob. For example, some very iconic moments from pre-movie seasons are "Is mayonnaise an instrument?," "No! This is Patrick!," and Opposite Day. The iconic status of seasons 1-3 is evident as recent episodes have started to make much more references to pre-movie episodes than post-movie. I think this is because they were the "first" seasons and have been around longer, so they have had more time to gain recognition. Other long-running franchises are similar in this way. For example, the first generation of Pokemon are much more iconic than the newer generations with Pokemon like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Mewtwo being very recognizable.

With that being said, the post-movie seasons definitely have some iconic moments and episodes too. Maybe newer Spongebob episodes will even start to reference them. Some iconic post-movie moments/episodes I can think of are the whole "normal" Spongebob shtick in the episode Not Normal ("Hi, how are you?"), "Livin' Like Larry," Best Day Ever, and the Laugh Box.

What are some other iconic or memorable moments/episodes in Post-Movie Seasons? (I don't mean the best moments/episodes, but the ones that are most recognizable/memorable to fans)

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
"The power within" has become one of the more commonly used Post-Movie quotes from the past few years. Also, the "4-Ply" song from A Whale of a Birthday seems to have become much more iconic within the past few months.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Handsome Squidward

"Who put you on the Planet"

ChiCKeN SpoNgEBoB MEmE

Best Day Ever song

Livin like Larry

IDK what else

BobCarotte

meep
The scenes below are not necessarily the "best moments" of post-movie (there are some infamous scenes too) but most fans of the show remember these moments...

- Squidly's songs in Dunces and Dragons
- SpongeBob staring at Squidward in Boating Buddies
- SpongeBob singing in Choir Boys
- "Hold the mayonnaise!" and probably the tickle scene (Mostly remembered by Spandy fans) from Planet of the Jellyfish
- Plankton trying to kill himself in One Coarse Meal
- Puffy Fluffy (you all know the infamous episode)
- "Wake me up when I care." - Squidward, Gullible Pants
- The infamous SpongeBob crying scene in SpongeBob You're Fired!
- "My face, my face! Also my leg, but mostly my face!" - Nat, Squid Baby
- "I didn't know there would be a test. I didn't study!" - Patrick, Krusty Towers
- Claustrophobia scene from Wishing You Well

That is all I remember.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The toenail scene

What? You didn't say they had to be "good" memorable moments.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
The most memorable scenes of post-movie SpongeBob episodes:

• SpongeBob discussing boating safety to the cops. (Oral Report)
  • Patrick arresting an old lady in jail. (Shuffleboarding)
  • Squidward's handsome face. (The Two Faces of Squidward)
  • Mr. Krabs crying for too much. (Mr. Krabs takes a Vacation)
  • SpongeBob taking a pacture of himself holding planet Earth. (Mooncation)
  • Bikini Bottomites barfing out sand after eating "Frozen" Krabby Patties. (Goodbye, Krabby Patty?)
  • And the most memorable, The Best Day Ever song music video. The background of the MV shows the whole parts of the episode Best Day Ever alone. I miss that video.

Klu

Moby Dollar
It's sad that no one tried to meme new episodes yet. On grander scale. The most "recent" meme is mockBob and I hate it. In 9b-10-11 enough unused quote and meme material.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Some of the Fear of a Krabby Patty expressions
"Actors"
The Power Within
Best Day Ever song (Technically originated from the first movie but its use in the episode is more remembered)
The general backstory in Friend or Foe
Squidward's hair in The Original Fry Cook
"I Wrote This" by Patrick Star
"You Said Squidward twice" "I like Squidward"
Handsome Squidward
Normal SpongeBob and Squidward
Livin like Larry
Can You See My Genius?
Who Put You on the Planet? UGGGH!
SpongeBob Chicken (Ugh)
Who am I?

I tried to pick ones that are remembered fondly.

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
Patrick why did you just walk into Goo Lagoon?

In all seriousness,

“You put Fluffy down right now!”

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
A good chunk of what has been posted here seem to be from Seasons 4, 5, and 6. This could show that these seasons have more iconic things because they had more time to gain recognition than the more recent seasons. Seasons 4 is over a decade old, and Seasons 5 and 6 are nearly a decade old. The seasons after these have iconic moments too, but maybe not as many right now.

Also, I never thought of the moments that are considered bad by fans being iconic, but they definitely are. Stuff like Plankton laying in the road in "One Course Meal" and the toe nail scene is very memorable.

Klu said:
It's sad that no one tried to meme new episodes yet. On grander scale. The most "recent" meme is mockBob and I hate it. In 9b-10-11 enough unused quote and meme material.
I think that it could take time for the newer episodes to gain attention. Maybe there will be memes on it in the future. After all, MockBob didn't become a meme until about 4 years after the episode it originated from came out. I think the other Spongebob memes took time to start too.

Back