I think the new cartoony animation style is improving the show

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
I think the new animation style is bringing the show more life and energy. After S3 the animation became too consistent and streamlined. This new style is helping bring more variety to the show's comedy.
I really enjoy these new episodes. The new style also makes the show look more polished compareed to S4 - 9A cardboard like stiff animation.

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
I think the new animation style is bringing the show more life and energy. After S3 the animation became too consistent and streamlined. This new style is helping bring more variety to the show's comedy.
I really enjoy these new episodes. The new style also makes the look more polished compareed to S4 - 9A cardboard like stiff animation.
I don't care how cartoony it is.If they have a mix of both cartoony animation and great dialogue humor then I'm all for it.
Also early S4 had some great animation.What's your opinion on the first movie's animation?

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
I prefer the first movies art style over the second movie. The first movie had better darker coloring and added more realistic details. I think Pieguyrulz summed S4 perfectly. S4 tried it's best to replicate S1 - 3 but it didn't land it's mark in terms of Humor

Re-Hydrated Sponge

Moby Dollar
I prefer the first movies art style over the second movie. The first movie had better darker coloring and added more realistic details.
The movie's colors are kinda washed out on the DVD though.I really wanna find out where those SBMania movie pictures are from.Since they have brighter coloring and are in hd I'm guessing they're from the Blu-Ray

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
The animation is 100% superior to the likes of Seasons 5-9's animation. 4 had decent animation, though there tended to be less fluent motions as the season progressed. It helps, but it's not entirely making the series better (The writing is about as weak and lazy at times as it was in the Post-Movie era, especially in 7-9A).

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
Yeah but i think the visuals make up for that. S1 - 3's writing is way more dialog based then S10 - Present

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
I feel like it should be more like 9b. Cartoony but not too much so it still focuses on dialog humour.

I agree, I think 9B found the right mixture. The animation now is too over the top and is turning into every other modern cartoon that uses nothing but wacky visuals and loud noises to keep kids' attention. I miss the animation of S4-9 and when the show was more relaxed and not so annoying at times eg My Leg/Ink Lemonade.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Spongebob07 said:
I feel like it should be more like 9b. Cartoony but not too much so it still focuses on dialog humour.
Squiddddd said:
I agree, I think 9B found the right mixture. The animation now is too over the top and is turning into every other modern cartoon that uses nothing but wacky visuals and loud noises to keep kids' attention. I miss the animation of S4-9 and when the show was more relaxed and not so annoying at times eg My Leg/Ink Lemonade.
You do understand the people who worked on 9B left for other shows and won't return any time soon? Seriously, you sound like you'd gonna chain them so they won't leave or something.
Plus, the more restrained animation and storyboarding on 9B was apparently done to keep with 9A's HD animation and finish the season in the same style as it started, aka properly. The standard models of characters were exactly like in the start of the season.
Also also, one or two users pointed out that there are episodes that are one hundred percent gag-based and contain multiple facial expressions: "Pineapple Invasion", "Food Con Castaways", "Mutiny on the Krusty" and more or less "The Whole Tooth". They have the EXACT SAME faults everyone points out nowadays, but they seem to pass for some reason.

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
The reason why 9B gets a pass is because it's not as full blown and in your face as Season 10 onwards.

RomNick said:
You do understand the people who worked on 9B left for other shows and won't return any time soon? Seriously, you sound like you'd gonna chain them so they won't leave or something.
Plus, the more restrained animation and storyboarding on 9B was apparently done to keep with 9A's HD animation and finish the season in the same style as it started, aka properly. The standard models of characters were exactly like in the start of the season.
Also also, one or two users pointed out that there are episodes that are one hundred percent gag-based and contain multiple facial expressions: "Pineapple Invasion", "Food Con Castaways", "Mutiny on the Krusty" and more or less "The Whole Tooth". They have the EXACT SAME faults everyone points out nowadays, but they seem to pass for some reason.

Spongebob07

Bomb-Selling Pirate
RomNick said:

I said they should stay like 9b and suddenly I am forcing them to keep the writers? I think you took it a bit too far. All I want is a blend so they can be cartoony and have multiple weird faces but still have calm scenes and more dialogue humour.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
RomNick said:
You're completely misinterpreting what Spongebob07 is saying. Never did he ever leave that ridiculous insinuation. No [Kerry/Edward '04] the staff from 9B aren't going to return. The reason people keep referring back to 9B is because of the superior quality in that era, not because we want it to return. We're pointing towards what was done right at the time, as reference towards all the problems with the current Season.

hippythehippo

Banished
You guys conveniently ignore Rom Nicks second paragraph. A lot of late 9b has the facial expressions that you guys complain about 10 and 11 (heck 11 is actively toning it down, especially since High Sea Diving, excluding Ink Lemonade), and he provides some examples that could pass for Season 10 episodes (besides Whole Tooth). Maybe it's me, but I still don't find the fantastic dialogue humor that 9b is esteemed too, besides a few exceptions. Chefbob probably has more dialogue humor than 95% of 9b and 10 (I also love how that was a big complaint for 9b, yet when 10 aired, every one just said 9b somehow has godly dialouge).

ededdneddyfan2002

Imitation Krab
Season 9B i always consider to be a transtional period between the second movie and season 10. 9B felt more in line with S1-3. I'm just saying i enjoy the current direction to the show because of the over the top animation and the very interesting episode concepts used throughout. I'm going to get hate for this but S10 onwards of spongebob seems like a mix between Ren & Stimpy and Looney tunes. It's because of those reasons it's why i love the current seasons. It's also because every since Adventure Time cartoons have become Boring, too much serializeds shows and shows now look too similer. I'm glad to see Spongebob standout from the rest and be a actual cartoon for once by being funny. Also i like how in ink lemonade when spongebob and that lady drink the ink and freak out the music that plays sounds exactly like the post credits sting in Ed,Edd n Eddy. Just details like that i love.

hippythehippo said:
You guys conveniently ignore Rom Nicks second paragraph. A lot of late 9b has the facial expressions that you guys complain about 10 and 11 (heck 11 is actively toning it down, especially since High Sea Diving, excluding Ink Lemonade), and he provides some examples that could pass for Season 10 episodes (besides Whole Tooth). Maybe it's me, but I still don't find the fantastic dialogue humor that 9b is esteemed too, besides a few exceptions. Chefbob probably has more dialogue humor than 95% of 9b and 10 (I also love how that was a big complaint for 9b, yet when 10 aired, every one just said 9b somehow has godly dialouge).

Ryanruff13

Floating Shopping List
I haven't gotten to see much of the new episodes yet at all, but the glimpses that I have seen have shown a welcome improvement to the show's animation.

Although I personally think that the art style would peak with a combination of the season 3 designs and the new animation.

ThatSkynyrdKid70

2 year club
While yes, I do like the new style of animation, at times it can just get too distracting and other times, they're just trying too hard to be a modern Ren & Stimpy. But any other time it's fine. It just has it's ups and downs.

Back