How to become a mod or admin in less than 20 minutes

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
Hey you! Yeah you! Want to become a moderator or administrator here on SBM? Well in less than 20 minutes, you will become the greatest staff member the internet has ever seen. This is...

How to become a Mod or Admin in Less than 20 Minutes.

1) Being a moderator or administrator is all about maturity, responsibility and intelligence. So create a thread that contains maturity, responsibility and intelligence. It should take about a maximum of 1 year to write but it will all be worth it when ssj reads your thread that tells him you have maturity, responsibility and intelligence. You will then recieve a PM from ssj asking you if you want to be an admin.

2) You know what moderators and administrators love? SpongeBob jokes. Use references and jokes to SpongeBob in all of your posts. No matter if other users have made them before, everyone will love them and so will the staff. With this, you can expect your position faster than bear foot rabbit on a jackhammer (wait whut)

3) If the staff ain't reading your threads or posts, try reporting yourself to them. They'll then have to read through all of your threads to find out what you've done wrong. But before they find out you've lied to them and get banned, they'll remember your threads and be impressed by them. Instead of getting several warning points, you'll get promoted. Good job sport.

4) Insult one of the staff members. While at first, they will be heartbroken by your harsh and painful words, they will eventually realise and respect your bravery. After all, the only thing more important about being a mod or admin then maturity, responsibility and intelligence is being brave.

5) If any of that doesn't work, there's one more trick that never EVER fails. The old cake trick. You see, ssj4gogita4, the co-founder of SBM is a huge cake lover. He loves all cake and if you give him free cake, he'll be sure to make you a mod or admin. But now you're probably thinking to yourself, how do I give him the cake if I don't live near him. Well don't worry my curious friend, Using these instructions, you can give ssj free cake from the comfort of your own seat. To begin, first you will need a whole box of cake mix. Next you will need to log on to SBM and load up ssj's profile. Then you have to rip open the box of the cake mix and pour all of the cake mix on your desktop computer or tablet. Make sure all of the cake mix is covering ssj's profile. Wait exactly 5 minutes for ssj to eat the cake mix since admins are very slow eaters. When 5 minutes have passed, check your private messages and you will have recieved a message from ssj asking you to become a moderator or administrator. You've done it!

And so. That's how you can become a mod or admin in less than 20 minutes. Follow these tips and make me proud son. You're gonna be a great moderator or administrator.

Thank you for reading a product manufactured by the Patty Sponge book corporation. Home of the funny jokes. Cause no one else will give it a home.

(Disclaimer: Patty Sponge Book Co. is not responsible for death, property or damage done to PC monitors, tablets or mods and admins that have comitted suicide from the hurtful comments left by people)

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
1) Nah, I'm too intelligent to make one and if I make one saying I am after this thread, the staff will think I'm acting too desperate, so I won't make one after all since I'm intelligent.
2) Too easy
3) Well, you only live once on SBM...
4) SSJ IS A RACIST HOMOSHREXUAL ADMIN
5) Sorry about what I said earlier, ssj. Here's your cake:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=mdHo%2B1ci5jHK3WP7jUwDQF4fO2eFjmUEhsP5HJjdAe4%3D

Growlie

Best Boy
There's an easier way to give cake. That if he has a Deviantart account, then I could give a cake badge.
Though, I'd just do it cause I'm awesome.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Don't spread lies. If those criteria were all that was needed, I'd have long since overthrown the administration and become SBM's King - er, Queen. ;)

And you'd all be under the rule of my iron fist! MuHahahaha!

I really should do that sometime.. just for the evil laugh. ;)

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
Real guide to becoming mod or admin in 20 minutes:

1. Have a skill that you think will benefit SBM a lot.
  2. Create a portfolio for the staff to look at to demonstrate your skill.
  3. Send the portfolio to the staff through a private message and ask politely if you could offer your services to SBM.
  4. Bam, become mod or admin.
This has been a useful guide by MDPP. :squilliam2:

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Yeah, you go ahead and do that..

Let us not consider the time and dedication that goes into being a mod or admin on a forum.

It's fun in the beginning, you have a ton of new features to play with - buuuut.. you're supposed to do a job, that is, be neutral and not allowed to have fun, because you have to uphold the rules of the forum.. And then you have to turn around and kick friends in the... tell them to behave or get out of your forum, risking your friendships. Or just have your friends thinking that, because they're you're friend, they might have a better chance at being a mod or admin.

What any admitn is looking for in a mod or admin, is someone that is willing to uphold the forum rules, will not be swayed by their friends, and is available and able to tell, even their friends to shut their mouths.. Even when it goes against their own wishes - even if you might agree with your friend, you have to stay neutral and either stay out of the thing, or give punishments to one or the other.

I have been both an admin and mod on a few forums, and it was way harder than I thought.

Back