How many seasons do you think SpongeBob will have?

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It really does feel like "SpongeBob's Birthday Blowout" is the last hurrah

I don't think the current series will continue for much longer because as evidenced by the ratings, people are losing interest!

At this point Nickelodeon doesn't even need SpongeBob SquarePants anymore since they have The Loud House and PAW Patrol

Stephen Hillenburg's death was the beginning of the end

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
While SpongeBob has overstayed its welcome, I’d rather have 12 seasons over 20 years than 20 seasons over 20 years.

You have to give them props though. Seasons 11 & 12 are being unique & really don’t have any re-used plot ideas.

Now, when I think SpongeBob should end? Probably after season 14 or 15. I mean, the show is giving out good episodes now, but what if it gets to season 20 and the best episode is an episode like ‘A Day Without Tears’ or ‘Accidents Will Happen’?

One more thing. Wouldn’t the show still make money from the spinoffs and re-airings?

However season 24 & 25 would be really funny

Ha, you made the joke.

Sealand

Imitation Krab
At least until 2025 where the show will be in it's 18th-20th seasons.

Dishwater

Baby Clam
I want to take back my previous prediction. I forgot about the third movie coming in 2020. I would imagine the series ending with this movie considering that the show has been going down in ratings and has been around for two decades by now, so maybe we will have just 13 seasons.

Last edited:

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
I think Spongebob will end with a whimper, much like Rugrats did back then, giving The Loud House the “Nick’s Cash Cow” award, and repeating the cycle.

As for how long it will last, I’d say about 17 seasons, 40 at the most.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Yeah I think SpongeBob will end the same way Rugrats did

The third movie is what killed Rugrats & if history repeats itself the same will happen to SpongeBob SquarePants!

Either that or Kamp Koral

By the time SpongeBob ends, Nick will probably have another show ready to take its place

Then they'll begin phasing out all the reruns and eventually completely remove them just like they did with Rugrats

Fortunately for the fans, SpongeBob SquarePants can still live on in various other forms that AREN'T TV shows!

Last edited:

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Season 13 is 13 episodes (yes the rest is kamp koral) but I would be totally cool if Nick keeps on pulling a "Season 10 or 13" with 13 ish episodes or a "Season 1-4" with the basic 20 with lesser eps to keep the show grounded and quality under control. (Season 11 did a good job with 26 episodes but over and over is scary) If the show keeps on ordering Seasons with lesser episodes, I feel like the show would last longer. I know Tom Kenny said that before Hillenburg passed, he had a roadmap for years to come about the main segment of the show.

Back