How I write each scene for a fanfic

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
This is a small "behind the scenes" tidbit of how I write each scene for my fanfics, in case anyone is interested.

Writing out the scene

I first write the scene in a named text document. This is so I don't have to worry about the site going down when I try to post the scene, as it is always there on the document, and so I can find time inbetween writing the scene without having to leave the window open.

When I first write the scene on the document, Iwill include the BBCode for bold-facing, italics, and underlining. I then paste all the text onto the post and add the color keys, Spanish translations, image links, text enlarging/shrinking, and supersizes.

Spanish translations

Producer Randy, one of my major fan characters, is a native Spanish speaker and always salts his speech with words or phrases of Spanish, and sometimes even fully speaks Spanish. To write the Spanish, I will first write out the English word/phrase on the document.

Once it's on the post, I then turn to Google's Language Tool to give me the Spanish translation, and the translation for any other language I occasionally use, such as French and Portugese.

Although now, I am taking Spanish classes at my school, so writing Spanish has become slightly easier. I use the light orange color to signal Spanish translations I knew on my own.

Other Techniques I Use

I often include footnotes of trivia, and although I used to use asteriks (*, **), I now use super-sized numbers to signify that there's a trivia note at the end of the scene.

It looks like this[sup]1[/sup] when it's in the scene.

[sup]1[/sup]It's then numbered here at the end of the scene, to signify which number mark it's referencing.
[sup]2[/sup]If I have two or more footnotes, they will follow the number pattern (1, 2, 3) like this one.

NOTE: The super-size is added during the post.

I occasionally like to parody Toys
newbitmapimageff9.png
' Us's name, and as you can see here, I use an image to create the infamous backwords R. This is a subtle method, but efficent nevertheless.

Gary

I'll be whatever I wanna do.
So why are you posting this? is it to make us think your this super smart evil genius? ._.

Gary

I'll be whatever I wanna do.
So are you asuming that fan writers don't already know these techniques?

Back