How do SpongeBob's and Squidward's hats stay on their heads?

Cha

I love SBM
Ehh, it's not one of my usual-of-late theory threads, but it does puzzle me. At least when Krabs or Patrick wear one the hats fit on them. Maybe SpongeBob pores on the top of his head act like suction cups? Squidward's chrome dome looks to round too support a hat though.

Seriously I think I need some help as usual. :wetpaint:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeBob loves his job so much that he has developed a magnetic attraction to the main thing that symbolizes his employment - his uniform hat. This is why he is physically unable to throw it to the ground in "Squid on Strike", and why Mr. Krabs struggles to remove it in "SpongeBob, You're Fired!"

Squidward ruins this theory, though, because his hat stays on fine even though he hates his job. :P

Maybe they secretly have peg holes in their heads and their hats have corresponding pegs, like in SpongeBob's Krusty Krab playset? That's all I got.

81dZB9d.png

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Now that I think about it, I'm not quite sure how their hats stay on their heads. Let me think........

Perhaps, you were right about SpongeBob but maybe for Squidward, his head is possibly metal and the hat is a magnet and so it sticks to Squidward's head. That's why Squidward is hard headed :P *boos me off the stage*

The same could be with SpongeBob like what DamMom said above. SpongeBob couldn't let go of the hat in episodes such as Squid on Strike.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
LOL, the 'hard-headed Squidward' theory was hilarious!

Anyway, for Squiddy, I could only guess some sort of temp glue? Duct tape..?

Honestly, I'm at a loss on this one too. Aside from just writing it off to cartoon physics.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I'm sure SpongeBob's hat is attached to his head when he puts it on somehow. This image below, for example, has a rope tied to SpongeBob's hat, and not to SpongeBob himself, so in reality, SpongeBob should have fallen off. But he doesn't, this kinda implies that SpongeBob's holes act like a suction cup

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=sywBpeDwQgq%2Bog%2FjS47L%2BfgA7taFRg5Fg9rk2JnVnCE%3D

Squidina

Tintenfisch
The only problem with the SB holes/suction cup theory is that... it wouldn't work, unless all his holes were closed, otherwise, no vacuum effect. ;-)

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
SBRoxMan said:
I'm sure SpongeBob's hat is attached to his head when he puts it on somehow. This image below, for example, has a rope tied to SpongeBob's hat, and not to SpongeBob himself, so in reality, SpongeBob should have fallen off. But he doesn't, this kinda implies that SpongeBob's holes act like a suction cup

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=sywBpeDwQgq%2Bog%2FjS47L%2BfgA7taFRg5Fg9rk2JnVnCE%3D
What episode is that? It looks like one from season 9. Is it?

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
I want to either explain this scientifically and guess that it's due to water pressure or just be real and leave it as one of the show's many unsolved mysteries.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The physics in SpongeBob's world is very different with ours. Perhaps water pressure compress their hats so that it would be tightly "jammed" on their heads.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
DadMom AngryPants said:
SpongeBob loves his job so much that he has developed a magnetic attraction to the main thing that symbolizes his employment - his uniform hat. This is why he is physically unable to throw it to the ground in "Squid on Strike", and why Mr. Krabs struggles to remove it in "SpongeBob, You're Fired!"

Squidward ruins this theory, though, because his hat stays on fine even though he hates his job. :P

Maybe they secretly have peg holes in their heads and their hats have corresponding pegs, like in SpongeBob's Krusty Krab playset? That's all I got.

81dZB9d.png
I like your theory about the pegs but in Squid's Day Off, Squidward gives his hat to SpongeBob. So, the spongey one is now wearing two hats, one possibly without a peg. However, I also understand that the playset could've been made after Squid's Day Off so… :\

In Big Pink Loser, the hats would more than likely not have pegs because they were placed on a hat rack.

Sweat

Banished
Mr. Krabs is a freemason and has mind controlled those 2 into letting him put magnetic plates on their bones. Then, he puts magnets in the hat. The mind controlling is also why Squidward rarely ever quits the job no matter how much he hates it. Now, neither of them can take them off. Mr. Krabs is part of the illuminati, everybody.
Question=answered

Back