How could we get this place more active again?

Nolyn_Spongebob_Fan

Professional Idiot™
title, i dont see many people getting on anymore and i see a lot of threads with little to no responses. id really love for this place to be as active as it was in 2016. i remember getting on here every day just to post about something cool, leaving for a while, coming back, and seeing that this place was so dead. i really miss the days where you could make a thread and get a reply in minutes. i would love to see all your ideas on how to get this place active once more. :sbpopcorn:

BrendaMarzipan

I think people are just not very aware of the site's existence. I've watched so many videos on Spongebob: worst episodes, best episodes, the seasonal reviews of PieGuyRulz and i only recently discovered about this board, which is weird because for a long time i've been wanting to tell my opinions and whatnot.

Alpha Jay has a very active Spongebob channel (not server, channel), i'm not sure if you can make advertisement there but i'm pretty sure a lot of people would like to know about the forum.

Nolyn_Spongebob_Fan

Professional Idiot™
I think people are just not very aware of the site's existence. I've watched so many videos on Spongebob: worst episodes, best episodes, the seasonal reviews of PieGuyRulz and i only recently discovered about this board, which is weird because for a long time i've been wanting to tell my opinions and whatnot.

Alpha Jay has a very active Spongebob channel (not server, channel), i'm not sure if you can make advertisement there but i'm pretty sure a lot of people would like to know about the forum.
i extremely agree on that many people are not aware of this place existing. i dont think advertising the site on someone channel would work at all, knowing it would get deleted. if this place had advertisements running in some way this place would be way more popular

BrendaMarzipan

i extremely agree on that many people are not aware of this place existing. i dont think advertising the site on someone channel would work at all, knowing it would get deleted. if this place had advertisements running in some way this place would be way more popular
What about a YouTube channel?
Spongebob videos are very popular, if we did some (i actually have a lot of ideas that i would use for my upcoming channel) and linked the forum maybe people would get more interested.

Nolyn_Spongebob_Fan

Professional Idiot™
What about a YouTube channel?
Spongebob videos are very popular, if we did some (i actually have a lot of ideas that i would use for my upcoming channel) and linked the forum maybe people would get more interested.
sure, advertising on youtube can help but only if you have a big audience/reach, advertising on other peoples videos doesnt help at all.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member
Subtly put in an sbm banner or button and link it to the forums. I do it on other message boards and it's worked before.

BrendaMarzipan

Maybe the problem is people have simply lost interest in SpongeBob

With the way Nickelodeon has been airing the episodes, who can blame them?
Well, like i said, Alpha Jay's Spongebob channel alone (from his Discord server) is very active so i don't think that's true.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

#Bobsessed
Maybe we should all advertise this place on our own personal YouTube channels, as well?

Also, the way I found this place was by searching up questions regarding SpongeBob, and finding a page in a forum that someone had posted here that led me to the answer I was seeking. It’s not hard to find this place, it’s just hard to make it known that it’s alive and worth joining. Having been here for so many years, you would think this site would be more active; but then again, many old forums are abandoned.

Maybe we just need to put together group projects and competitions that would prompt fellow fans to participate and/or sign up.

Bianca

Dreamlover
Staff member
Well, the good news is that we are working on improving SBM's infrastructure. You may notice some changes over the next few days. 😃

2000sKid

I'm not sure, but I'd like to start with bumping this thread and adding a hot take.

HOT TAKE: IS IT TIME TO BECOME A SPONGEBOB/FAIRLY ODD PARENTS CROSSOVER FORUM?

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member
I'm not sure, but I'd like to start with bumping this thread and adding a hot take.

HOT TAKE: IS IT TIME TO BECOME A SPONGEBOB/FAIRLY ODD PARENTS CROSSOVER FORUM?
lol, I'd be down with more nickelodeon talk and if it gets big enough a crossover :p

ElectricPikachu

There were more people in this website. Now I only see like 4-5 people here per day. I haven't been here often lately either, so I can't complain.

Yoh Manta

The internet has changed, what can I say? I've accepted that forums aren't going to bring in the people that they used to and just come on when I have something I want to get off my mind.