How close do you consider your SB forum (or net in general) friends?

Or in other words, do you put your friends you've met on the web on the same level as your real life friends?

Personally, I do consider you people my friends, however, I feel there are definitely different levels of how close I feel to a friend online. For example, there are some people who I will talk to mainly on the forusm and maybe the chat, and while I consider them good friends; on the other hand, I have a few VERY close internet friends who I actually talk to for the most part outside this forum, tell all my deepest secrets, have Skype calls that feel natural, etc. In aa way, it's just like real life where you have acquaintences (those who you casually talk to on the forujms), then good friends (those who you pc), then those few who you REALLY consider your close friends (those who you talk to all the time, contact regularly outside the forums with many different types of media, etc.)

Maybe that's just me though, how do you all view it?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
It's not like I'll meet anyone IRL, and the fact that I could leave at anytime and the same for anyone else I try not to get too close with anyone, although there are still people I'm fine with than most. I wouldn't mind finding some other way of contact just in case that happens, I've just never been around to that before. :p

Sweat

Banished
I'm really close with net friends, but not to the point where I'm giving away my phone number or address, and while I may regret these words severely, I feel like being really close isn't gonna hurt me at all as long as I'm careful.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I consider them closer than most people I know in rl, since there (people in real life) I'm not familiar with most of them and don't don't know jack about :P. For the internet friends, I'm somewhat close to some people on here who I've socialized/gotten to know more about.

Trophy said:
and the fact that I could leave at anytime and the same for anyone else I try not to get too close with anyone
Maybe on an internet forum, but when it gets to the point that you contact them on FB, Skype, text, etc., I feel it's harder for someone to just leave at anytime. It's just like someone irl slowly cutting contact.
I do understand what you mean tho with someoen you JUST talk to in the forums.

IIt's something I've thought about a lot and honestly I'm close to my net friends but like at the same time, there is only I have rn that I honestly think I'd be comfortable and not meeting awkward irl. It's surely on another level for me than your avg forumer that's for sure.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
E.V.I.L said:
Maybe on an internet forum, but when it gets to the point that you contact them on FB, Skype, text, etc., I feel it's harder for someone to just leave at anytime. It's just like someone irl slowly cutting contact.
I do understand what you mean tho with someoen you JUST talk to in the forums.

IIt's something I've thought about a lot and honestly I'm close to my net friends but like at the same time, there is only I have rn that I honestly think I'd be comfortable and not meeting awkward irl. It's surely on another level for me than your avg forumer that's for sure.
I mean if something forced me to leave, IDK. Remember on SBC webby was grounded or something due to the cursing, something like that. :p

I think it could be easier for something to happen to force a person off of a forum, like a fight or teasing or something, more often than people would think after all. I know I'm not on the level where you are so it's most likely different there.

Trophy said:
I mean if something forced me to leave, IDK. Remember on SBC webby was grounded or something due to the cursing, something like that. :P

I think it could be easier for something to happen to force a person off of a forum, like a fight or teasing or something, more often than people would think after all. I know I'm not on the level where you are so it's most likely different there.
100% agreed referring to just the forums
I mean when you talk to them outside the forujms on things like fb, tumblr, snapcht, skype, etc tho.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
We're like brothers. ONLY CLOSER.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure I have more close friends on SBC/SBM than I do. Some of the people I'm close to are Cha, Aya, Katniss, Wumbo, Hal, and Prez. I can probably name some more.

Katniss

totally coral
Lately I've been talking to my online friends more than my rl friends, especially since I don't see my actual friends that often anymore because college has us all in different directions. I do feel close to certain people on here and SBM, though I also have online friends elsewhere that I've known for years and know a good bit about them and vice versa.

I dunno about meeting anyone irl though. I kinda like just keeping the friendship through the net (plus the fact that I'm horribly awkward and shy irl). And I'm wary about giving out certain pieces of info like my Facebook or phone number.

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
I view my internet friends the same as my real life friends, yet I message my internet friends a lot more since I don't even live near them IRL. Some of my IRL friends I'm not too close to, and it's the same for some of my internet friends on any site I am on. Usually I am shy talking to people IRL but not as much online, yet I still often act shy (hence why I sometimes don't even message the friends I have).

Katniss said:
I dunno about meeting anyone irl though. I kinda like just keeping the friendship through the net (plus the fact that I'm horribly awkward and shy irl). And I'm wary about giving out certain pieces of info like my Facebook or phone number.
Honestly, I used to be much more open to the ide of meeting people irl but these days I feel the same way as you. I am incredibly awful when it comes to one-on-one conversation irl. In fact, there's only one person I actually Skype one-on-one and while I'd be open to meeting anyone, this person is probably the only one I actually feel confident about meeting and would actually go out of my way to meet, if that makes sense.

Supmandude

Squog
I talk to some people online a lot and some people not a lot. Same in real life.

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
It depends on the person but most are just friends, not very close.

Katniss

totally coral
As much as I enjoy talking with you guys, I do hope that someday I can get better at talking to people irl. I used to make some effort to hang out with people in high school and now I'm mainly staring at screens :/

cwn

Porous Freak
There was a point when I considered people on this site as close as my real-life friends but nowadays generally most of the people I talk to on the internet reside at other social media websites. Don't get me wrong, I still like a lot of members here but I don't consider myself exceptionally close to anyone.

There are a few members I consider as close to people on RL. I am very, very good friends with them. As for everyone else here, I am good friends with most or all of you but not to the level of RL friends.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I do consider them as my friends, but internet friends...I don't really have any real friends though in real life because I am kind of shy to make new ones and my old ones don't really want me as a friend anymore...but I am kind of sad with my friends (of real life) now so I consider every people I talk a friend...I tend to hang out with my sister's friends these days because my own do not even talk to me...that's why I thought of deleting Messenger but I'll see.

Back