How can we improve/better SBM?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Mass follow a bunch of topics, please make that a thing if you can. I spent all night manually following each episode topic, because I didn't see any sort of option permitting me to select the topics and then follow all of them, it drove mad keeping track of which ones I had followed and which ones I hadn't. If you can staff, please get on it.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Have another idea, why not have like a jukebox on the main lobby screen, it could really be any song to listen to, you have a picture of the moment, so why not like a random song?

It's on the discord, but I think there's potential for it here, that would be great.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Another one: sometimes on certain layouts, on a profile, the siding of the profile goes over the text, on some GIFs as profile pics, just hovering your mouse over the username features the picture going over their text. It's a minor thing, that would make a huge difference, for me at least.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
A Legend of Boo-Kini bottom overlay, or a Flying Dutchman design for the website would look pretty cool, not to copy the Halloween but this one has a more ghost pirate theme.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member

10,954 posts

$1,960 doubloons
Hey finn, no need to post 5 times in a row :) You can just edit you posts (same for any threads.. best to not double post)

I enjoy the suggestions though :D I do need to fix that bug with the profile overlays though. I've seen that as well

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
abney317 said:
Hey finn, no need to post 5 times in a row :) You can just edit you posts (same for any threads.. best to not double post)

I enjoy the suggestions though :D I do need to fix that bug with the profile overlays though. I've seen that as well
Crap, sorry. I honestly hope you don't get any wrong ideas. I'm not trying to break the rules or anything I promise. Yeah, I should probably reread the rules anyways, sorry for quintuple posting.

New Idea Edit 1: Alright first new idea: being able to edit the text colour on a background, almost 85% of background colours suck because other people's names camouflage into it. Why can't we at least change the text colour of the names? I want to use different colours, but it just doesn't check out unfortunately. I know member colours, but it's really not that big of a deal if you can change it to whatever you want.

New Idea Edit 2: If The Fry Cook Games says it won't increase post count, then why doesn't The Dump or Krabby land or any other forum say that? I think they should also say it.

New Idea Edit 3: Why don't season's have their own ratings? They have their own discussion page, but no ratings. Why not??

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Is it just me or is line spacing not one of the toolbar opinions while typing, I don't see it. If it isn't here, then why not? It comes in handy for about me pages where the text is all crumpled together.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,389 posts

$4,042 doubloons
FinnDinner said:
Crap, sorry. I honestly hope you don't get any wrong ideas. I'm not trying to break the rules or anything I promise. Yeah, I should probably reread the rules anyways, sorry for quintuple posting.

New Idea Edit 1: Alright first new idea: being able to edit the text colour on a background, almost 85% of background colours suck because other people's names camouflage into it. Why can't we at least change the text colour of the names? I want to use different colours, but it just doesn't check out unfortunately. I know member colours, but it's really not that big of a deal if you can change it to whatever you want.

New Idea Edit 2: If The Fry Cook Games says it won't increase post count, then why doesn't The Dump or Krabby land or any other forum say that? I think they should also say it.

New Idea Edit 3: Why don't season's have their own ratings? They have their own discussion page, but no ratings. Why not??
Edit 1: I've toyed around with the idea of colored names (or coloured for you English) in the past. IIRC, the staff wasn't too keen on the idea but I'm willing to try this if it's something that more than just a few people can get behind.

Edit 2: Krabby Land had it. I added it to The Dump.

Edit 3: Is this for the rating on the site? @abney317 might have to code something for seasons, if that's doable.

FinnDinner said:
Is it just me or is line spacing not one of the toolbar opinions while typing, I don't see it. If it isn't here, then why not? It comes in handy for about me pages where the text is all crumpled together.
Have you tried using HTML code in there to do whatever you need to?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
ssj4gogita4 said:
Edit 1: I've toyed around with the idea of colored names (or coloured for you English) in the past. IIRC, the staff wasn't too keen on the idea but I'm willing to try this if it's something that more than just a few people can get behind.

Edit 2: Krabby Land had it. I added it to The Dump.

Edit 3: Is this for the rating on the site? @abney317 might have to code something for seasons, if that's doable.

Have you tried using HTML code in there to do whatever you need to?
Edit 1: Makes sense, hope you can do it, really hurts background colours for me.

Edit 2: Doesn't also Birthdays have it? If they don't then I must be crazy,

Edit 3: Yeah I hope so, Seasons have their own discussion page, hope it could be done.

Edit 4: No, is it possible/already done a tutorial on how to implement HTML? I'd seriously like to know.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member

23,389 posts

$4,042 doubloons
FinnDinner said:
Edit 1: Makes sense, hope you can do it, really hurts background colours for me.

Edit 2: Doesn't also Birthdays have it? If they don't then I must be crazy,

Edit 3: Yeah I hope so, Seasons have their own discussion page, hope it could be done.

Edit 4: No, is it possible/already done a tutorial on how to implement HTML? I'd seriously like to know.
Good catch on the birthday thing.

There's lots of HTML websites out there to look at. Lissaexplains is a good one for beginners.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Would it actually be possible to follow the "New Content" tab? If that is beyond program limitations then I understand, but then it would be very easy to mass follow everything with just the click of a button.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member

10,954 posts

$1,960 doubloons
Would it actually be possible to follow the "New Content" tab? If that is beyond program limitations then I understand, but then it would be very easy to mass follow everything with just the click of a button.
Probably can’t although you can follow forum sections. Why do you want this though? That would’ve a crazy amount of notifications haha... can’t just check the new content page every once in a while?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
abney317 said:
Probably can’t although you can follow forum sections. Why do you want this though? That would’ve a crazy amount of notifications haha... can’t just check the new content page every once in a while?
Alright if it's out of the realm of programming than I understand that. Why do I want this though? Let's just say I have my reasons. :shiftyninja:

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi

1,913 posts
$381 doubloons
is it possible to make it so that it takes longer for new posts not to merge into older ones when no one else has posted in the topic

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic

1,669 posts
$4,832 doubloons
Would it be possible to make the tab to edit the About Me page the actual size of the About Me page? I try to edit it the page on the notepad provided, and it looks good there, but when push comes to shove and I see the actual execution it just surprises me for bad is on the big screen compared to how I conveyed it.

Edit Idea 2: Could something like scheduling posts be a thing? Or for games having instant post after a reply. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool.

Edit Idea 3: When viewing statistics, you can see numbers for how many different types of posts you've done, like polls for instance, why can't that be a hyperlink to all of the poll topics you've done? Would be definitely cool.

Edit Idea 4: This needs to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't. SORTING POSTS, why can't see my oldest post on this site when I look at my posts? Am I missing something? Could you ether add this in or tell me please, I'd really appreciate it.