Homestuck's Top 20 Best Post-Movie Spongebob Episodes

Homie

get outer my space!
So, when I said i was doing a BEST episode list, I suppose I forgot to specify: My Top 20 Best POST-MOVIE Spongebob episodes. Honestly, if it was best episodes from any season, I think it might have been a bit too predictable (1. Band Geeks 2. Chocolate With Nuts 3. Graveyard Shift)​
When I did my original drafting, Season 4 kind of dominated... but over time, I found various other episodes that I found to be better. Although Season 4 is the best post-movie season, I included a little bit more diversity in this list for your viewing pleasure.​
Coming soon!​
:squilliam:

Homie

get outer my space!
The_Two_Faces_of_Squidward.jpg
#20 - The Two Faces of Squidward
Writers: Charlie Bean, Aaron Springer, Steven Banks​
SBmania Score: 7.6​
Season: 5​
This is an episode that most users of SBmania would know, as it is one of the more praises post-movie episodes by fans. In this episode, Squidward gets hit by a door multiple times and, for some reason, it is actually kind of funny in this episode. I don't know how they did it. And, as you all know, Squidward becomes handsome after getting hit by the door.​
Spongebob-gif-handsome-squidwrd.gif
Eventually, everyone sees Squidward like this and falls in love with him. Squidward continues to get hit by things, and becomes more and more attractive as time went on. Soon, all the Bikini Bottomites began to stalk him, following him where ever he went because of how he looked.​
It's a good episode in my book not only because of this:​
Handsome-squod.jpeg
This is one of the most hilarious episodes of the show and no doubt one of the greatest from the post show. Maybe this Charlie Bean guy knows what he's doing, eh?​
Best Part of the Episode: Squidward falling​
Overall Score: 7.85​

More

VIP
TTFoS is a good episode but not one of the best, IMO.

More

VIP
So what would be your best Pre-Movie episode list?

Homie

get outer my space!
Mine?

20. Sandy's Rocket

19. Suds

18. F.U.N

17. Squids Day Off

16. Nasty Patty

15. The Camping Episode

14. I'm With Stupid (don't hate me)

13. Bubblestand

12. Texas

11. Something Smells

10. [Post-Movie Episode] / Just One Bite

9. Fools in April

8. [Post-Movie Episode] / Pranks a Lot

7. SB-129

6. Help Wanted / Ripped Pants

5. Christmas Who?

4. The Algae's Always Greener

3. Graveyard Shift

2. Chocolate With Nuts

1. Band Geeks

More

VIP
Guessing your favorite post movie episode is either KT, KalM, SCitS, I<3D, IaSC!, or PP, most likely Krusty Towers.

Homie

get outer my space!
Suction_Cup_Symphony.png
#19 - Suction Cup Symphony

Writers: Luke Brookshier, Nathan Cash, Richard Pursel
SBmania Score: 8.3
Season: 6

The reason I like this one is going to be pretty short, so there will be a multi-update today.

Squidward is playing his clarinet, and Spongebob thinks that he ate Mexican food the night before, and the line delivery is actually kind of funny, as is the joke... they made a fart joke funny in a post-movie episode? This is something that I thought to be impossible, but they did it. I like that.

Two random workers start to put up a billboard, annoying Squidward. That is, until he finds out what it's for, the Bikini Bottom Orchestra. Squidward is obviously excited by this, and begins writing a symphony. Meanwhile, Patrick randomly breaks his butt. We also get a joke that I can't post about on a family-friendly website. ;)

Now let's get to the reason this episode is actually pretty good, the ending. Squidward does his symphony (it's mildly entertaining) and everyone starts cheering for Spongebob and first, which worried me. But then, they chant for Squidward!

210px-Concert-Hall.jpg

What really makes this scene is how happy Squidward is about winning. It really is interesting to see the writers actually CARE about the existence of Squidward for once and this episode is proof that the writers can make an episode about Squidward winning entertaining. How many episodes do we have where Squidward actually wins in the end? I'm pretty sure it's four:
Band Geeks
Squilliam Returns
Suction Cup Symphony
House Fancy

3/4 of those episodes involve Squilliam, by the way. This episode would've most likely been in my top 10 if they added him in. Regardless, I still love it.

Best Part of the Episode: "Squidward! Squidward!"
Overall Score: 8.25

Homie

get outer my space!
Shell_of_a_Man.jpg

#18 - Shell of a Man

Writers: Mike Bell, Paul Tibbitt
SBmania Score: 8.5
Season: 4

This episode is obviously one of the weirder episodes of the show, but to me that adds to the charm of the episode. In this episode, Mr. Krabs molts out of his shell and Spongebob has to pretend to be him to go to a Tough Guys Convention.

The reason I like this episode so much is that it expands upon the backstory of Mr Krabs. We already knew that he was in the Navy, but we didn't know anything or anybody from his old life, which made it very interesting to see all of these new characters in the episode.

tumblr_n3ivgfBsca1s094oxo1_500.png

Another thing that makes this episode is Spongebob pretending to be Mr. Krabs. It's hilarious, and his impression does manage to fool everyone until he starts talking about his life in Jellyfish Fields blowing bubbles. Mr. Krabs finally confesses and shows everyone his molted body and, look! He ends up winning in the end. You know, like he ACTUALLY DESERVES.

The episode makes sense. It makes you laugh, it makes you nervous, it makes you feel something. It entertains, but actually manages to teach a moral. And this is one of the last episodes of the show that has managed to do so. Shell of a Man is a good Mr. Krabs episode. And here I thought those had gone extinct.

Best Part of the Episode: Spongebobs "Speech"
Overall Ranking: 9.35

Homie

get outer my space!
Roller_Cowards.jpg
#17 - Roller Cowards

Writers: Luke Brookshier, Tom King, Steven Banks
SBmania Score: 8.7
Season: 5

My reaction to this episode when I was picking ones for this list was "Wait.. this isn't a pre-movie Spongebob episode?" I honestly thought this one was from like, Season 2 until I started picking ones for this list. The jokes all work, and don't have predictable punch lines... it's like the opposite of Glove World R.I.P!

In this episode, Spongebob and Patrick learn of a new ride at Glove World called the Fiery Fist O'pain. Patrick and Spongebob decide that they NEED to go on this ride, but Spongebob proceeds to have a nightmare about it where they... die. It's kind of dark for Season 5, huh? He doesn't want to go on the ride, but won't admit it.

Spongebob and Patrick are both obviously scared but won't tell each other. So, before they go on the Fiery Fist O'Pain, they go on "The Mitten." It's just as hilarious as it seems. Also, Patrick doesn't like the Glove World mascot. It's even more hilarious than the previous joke.

They run into Larry and

SBq26.png

Testosterone. Classic.

Spongebob and Patrick claim that they are hungry, and go to get ice cream. Patrick gets... in an argument.. with his reflection. It's weird. After being warned that the Park closes in 5 minutes, they decide to go on the ride.

SBq33.png

Question: Would you go on this ride?

Patrick and Spongebob go on the ride, and a whole lot of safety persuasions are taken. You know whats great about this episode? The humor. It really is there.​
They then lose their spines. And they go on it again.​
SBq40.png
I don't think I need to explain what makes this episode great. The humor is similar to the pre-movie days, the plot is believable and it really makes for a great episode.​
Best Part of the Episode: Riding on the Fiery Fist O'Pain​
Overall Ranking: 9.50

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Man I didnt know people liked Roller Cowards.

More

VIP
homestuck said:
Mine?

20. Sandy's Rocket

19. Suds

18. F.U.N

17. Squids Day Off

16. Nasty Patty

15. The Camping Episode

14. I'm With Stupid (don't hate me)

13. Bubblestand

12. Texas

11. Something Smells

10. [Post-Movie Episode] / Just One Bite

9. Fools in April

8. [Post-Movie Episode] / Pranks a Lot

7. SB-129

6. Help Wanted / Ripped Pants

5. Christmas Who?

4. The Algae's Always Greener

3. Graveyard Shift

2. Chocolate With Nuts

1. Band Geeks
That isn't too predictable other than the fact that Band Geeks is #1, actually. I actually took it out of the top ten entirely mainly because of over ration.

The Two Faces of Squidward- Good
Suction Cup Symphony- Good
Shell of a Man- AMAZING
Roller Cowards- AMAZING (Favorite of the Season)

Also Sqidward didn't win in Squilliam Returns.

Back