Holiday Traditions

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Do you have any traditions over the holidays? Keep in mind that holidays go throughout the entire year and many types of different holidays for different groups of people.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Normally, I like to visit with family and friends, but with the pandemic, I was only able to meet with people I know (besides a few good things, the year 2020 has been a bummer of a year overall.).

I like to watch Christmas specials. "Frosty the Snowman," "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "The Powerpuff Girls: 'Twas the Fight Before Christmas" are just some of the examples of the Christmas specials I love to watch.

I also love to listen to some Christmas songs, including "Last Christmas" by WHAM!, "Christmas Through Your Eyes" by Gloria Estefan and "All Alone on Christmas" by Darlene Love.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I usually wind up listening to less Christmas music than I plan to, because the days rush by so fast. Same with Christmas movies - by the time I've settled down enough to enjoy them (i.e., today, Christmas Eve) the day has almost passed.

Whether I'm visiting my family, or celebrating by myself (as I am this year), I/we generally try to keep a few traditions. These include attending Christmas Eve mass, enjoying a nice meal on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, opening presents Christmas morn (of course!), and watching a small slew of perrenial Christmas classics. In our family (at least in my book) these include: A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, 'Tis A Gift (Shining Time Station), A Muppet Family Christmas, and the original animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

My parents also watch a ton of Hallmark Christmas movies this time of year, but I'm not around for that.

Phone calls with surviving grandparents ensue late Christmas morning or early afternoon. For years like this one, video chats with my parents and siblings. Generally watching some NBA basketball and/or college bowl games if they are on.

Of course, I wind up singing a bunch of Christmas music to myself all through the month of December. And the end of the year holidays always make me even more introspective than usual, as I take stock of where my life is going, what I've done, and most importantly, the people (family and friends) I miss and love.

And I re-read this...

❤️🎄

Back