Pinned thread Help / Comments / Questions / Suggestion Box

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
Fixed. :) I had no problem with it. I copied the image url and it worked. The link you provided (the non-image one) does not have a .jpg, .png, or any image extension at the end. That's why that particular link didn't work. But the...

http://i.imgur.com/ACpZW0F.png
...one did (notice the .png extension).
Thanks a lot man, owe you one. Definitely bookmarking this message.

Very odd though, considering I could've sworn I pasted that link in exactly like that, I have no idea what we did different, but none the less thanks again. =)

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff member
FinnDinner said:
Thanks a lot man, owe you one. Definitely bookmarking this message.

Very odd though, considering I could've sworn I pasted that link in exactly like that, I have no idea what we did different, but none the less thanks again. =)
Yeah, before the image 100% uploads, you can "copy image" from imgur.com and it'll be weird. Wait like 15-20 seconds for the whole process then right click on the actual image and click "copy image address" to get the correct image extension. Copy and past it in a new tab just to double check it.

ssj4gogita4 said:
Yeah, before the image 100% uploads, you can "copy image" from imgur.com and it'll be weird. Wait like 15-20 seconds for the whole process then right click on the actual image and click "copy image address" to get the correct image extension. Copy and past it in a new tab just to double check it.
I'm having the same problem, and I did everything you said.

This was the image I was going to use.

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
Comments welcome too? Hot dog!

I haven't been around for quite a while, and I seem to come in very brief bursts, but I am glad you guys are keeping this site alive. It's probably been years since I've actually sat down and watched an episode of SpongeBob, but I have very fond memories. Just want to say thank you to all of the current staff for their hard work and dedication. :wub:

And I am super embarrassed by my posts from 2006. Ho boy I was a wee young one, so immature and so ignorant. Thank you for putting up with me then too. :fred2:

nobody

Hey there. I don't know how to upload attachments to this site and I need help knowing how. I went from my media to my settings to search where to upload my pictures but I found no success into finding where to upload my attachments.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
nobody said:
Hey there. I don't know how to upload attachments to this site and I need help knowing how. I went from my media to my settings to search where to upload my pictures but I found no success into finding where to upload my attachments.
Basically, to upload pictures (what I do at least) you just upload the picture to a picture holding site (like imgur), then copy the picture's link address, and then, back to the reply, under the emote button, there's an image button, press that and put the link in, and your picture should show up.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member
FinnDinner said:
Is there any reason why the word "relatable" is always considered wrong by the spell checker? I know it's small but it kind of annoys me every time I use it.
You mean your built in browser spell checker? That would be a problem on your end I guess. Depends on what browser/device you're using

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
You mean your built in browser spell checker? That would be a problem on your end I guess. Depends on what browser/device you're using
Really? You'd think with a notepad that controls both font, size, and edits, that the spellchecker would be a part of it, unless browsers have to have that built in, in order for it to apply. I thought this forum's notepad was customary to it, as in, it's from the site. I'm pretty sure BBcode works that way here too. Didn't know it was from your browser, regardless I realized a simple "add to dictionary" input was all that was needed, but I still do wonder why it came that way.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member
FinnDinner said:
Really? You'd think with a notepad that controls both font, size, and edits, that the spellchecker would be a part of it, unless browsers have to have that built in, in order for it to apply. I thought this forum's notepad was customary to it, as in, it's from the site. I'm pretty sure BBcode works that way here too. Didn't know it was from your browser, regardless I realized a simple "add to dictionary" input was all that was needed, but I still do wonder why it came that way.
I just looked it up and apparently a lot of people have seen the same thing with "relatable" on chrome lol.. but like 5+ years ago. I assume they just pull from some dictionary library somewhere.. although maybe you need to update your browser. Probably just a missing word though. Either way I guess just adding it to dictionary fixes it up just fine like you said

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
abney317 said:
I just looked it up and apparently a lot of people have seen the same thing with "relatable" on chrome lol.. but like 5+ years ago. I assume they just pull from some dictionary library somewhere.. although maybe you need to update your browser. Probably just a missing word though. Either way I guess just adding it to dictionary fixes it up just fine like you said
Welp, I guess a 2012 browser only gets you so far. Whatever, thanks anyway.

Tidalpat

I think you should add some sort of fanon/ideas wiki style section to the site. Sure, there's already SpongeBob Fanon Wiki, but adding this could encourage more people to join and would be something fresh that isn't commonly seen on forum-based sites. Doing this could also give people lots of creative freedom, even if it is limited.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Tidalpat said:
I think you should add some sort of fanon/ideas wiki style section to the site. Sure, there's already SpongeBob Fanon Wiki, but adding this could encourage more people to join and would be something fresh that isn't commonly seen on forum-based sites. Doing this could also give people lots of creative freedom, even if it is limited.
Maybe in Artist Unknown they give a section dedicated to fan fiction or theories like this.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
If I am making a list on Fan Favorites or I'm just posting something as a continuation to a previous list entry, does double posting still apply even if they are two completely different types of post? For example, I have a topic about my handwriting, I do it letter by letter, if I post a letter at a time, would it be bad if they were separate posts as a opposed to one megapost? I'd really like to know.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member
FinnDinner said:
If I am making a list on Fan Favorites or I'm just posting something as a continuation to a previous list entry, does double posting still apply even if they are two completely different types of post? For example, I have a topic about my handwriting, I do it letter by letter, if I post a letter at a time, would it be bad if they were separate posts as a opposed to one megapost? I'd really like to know.
The letter one might be a bit too much since it's a shorter post. Other threads like episode reviews and stuff like that could be their own though