Have the Bikini Bottomites became really unlikeable?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
HarryPotterLives said:
lulz were the Bikini Bottomites ever likable?
only the main characters, MM BB and some one timers really, and Fred with MY LEG but that's all the rest can jump into a shark I don't care what happens to them.
so bottomites besides them are close to pearl and cops in my least favorites (rip the awesomeness of the cops in the past like doing time and nasty patty)

GordokTheMad said:
I have to agree. The BBM have become really hateful and mean in the more recent seasons. Though I have to point out two things.

One, how is Sun Bleached racist? I haven't seen it in a while, but exactly how is it racist?

And two, the "squid abuse" in Good Ol' WhatsHisName was more or less well deserved. I'm not sure if I should be mad at this episode for having such a bad ending (Squidward being sent to jail... FOR TEN YEARS?!?!), or if I should be mad at Squidward for being so stupid.
OK.

Sun Bleached: When Spongebob ended up revealing that his "brown" was fake, everyone pretty much booed him for not having that tan on him.

Good Ol Whatshisname: Squidward was stupid, but the police were more unlikeable. Plus, the episode was boring...

Patty Sponge said:
The only one I disagree on is "Sponge-Cano".

Yes, they do try to kill Squidward by throwing him in the volcano, but they had a reason.
First of all, they don't really do anything, they just breathe and do what they usually do, which of cause, makes Squidward angry.
Moving on to the volcano thing, the only reason they wanted to kill Squidward was to save themselves. Tell me, imagine if you were living in the Bikini Bottom, then suddenly a giant volcano struck. A insane dolphin warrior comes out and explains the only way to stop the volcano is to sacrifice the most miserable person, would you do it? (Probally not if your a major Squidward fan).

I definally agree on Stuck in the Wringler. I mean, Patrick pretty much disabled SpongeBob and mistook his friend's pain for joy, and once SpongeBob finally gets a piece of his mind, the Bikini Bottom citizens say "Oh, you hurt your friend's feelings, you're a jerk, I hope you die in a car crash for saying that!!". It's just one of the moments in which I just want to grab a knife, go inside the TV and stab everyone (but SpongeBob) in the chest. I don't care if the police come, atleast I got my money's wroth. If I was president of Nickelodeon, I would just cut out that scene, along with SpongeBob saying "I guess crying does solve your problems after all". You know, if you want to make a morral, make sure it's a good morral!
Thanks for your opinion.

squidwardisawesome22 said:
The Bikini Bottomites... Possibly my least favorite character. Yes, worse than Pearl.

Now, I bet someone like EVIL is going to say "GIVE US PROOF", and you know what? I've got it covered.

What episodes are glaring examples?

Answer:

Let's take on this hushpuppy first:

Good_Neighbors.PNG

What makes the townspeople so unlikeable? The ending.

"..community service every Sunday for the rest of your life..."

Apparently, what he's saying is that the only day Squidward is able to relax are now wasted with community service, and every other day, he has to suffer work. (applause) Ladies and gentlemen, the Bikini Bottomites.

Now, I'm going to say right away... They did fade off of this. Until this abomination came around:
To be honest, I didn't hate Bikini Bottomies in Good Neighbors. When Squidward's house became alive, the house destroyed half of Bikini Bottom. That's why Bikini Bottomies wanted Squidward to do community service on Sundays. Plus, Squidward is the one who accidently activated his house because when SpongeBob and Patrick go to Squidward's house to apoligize to Squidward, Squidward overreacted and then said there's a threat in his house to the security system but the security system said "No Threat Detected" and the system was right, SpongeBob and Patrick just wanted to apoligize to Squidward and they weren't even making any threats at all and when Squidward hit the system, the system said "Threat Detected" and Squidward's house became alive. I really felt bad for Squidward too but If Squidward didn't overreact, his house wouldn't even be alive and didn't try to destory Bikini Bottom and Squidward wouldn't have to do community service. Also Squidward's house becaming alive is SpongeBob and Patrick's fault too because If SpongeBob and Patrick didn't annoy Squidward at the begining, Squidward wouldn't even overeacted and he wouldn't said there's a threat in his house to the system. Don't worry, SpongeBob and Patrick have to do community service on Sundays too. So that's why I don't hate Bikini Bottomies in Good Neighbors.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
If you want to talk racism, the way they treat Sandy would actually be the closest to "racism" (or perhaps we should call it "speciesism"?) in my opinion.

CD20Superness

Part Computer or Something
The reason why Bikini Bottomites became unlikable because of corruption. Also, sorry for necroposting. :no:

They are definitely awful in post-movie, but honestly, there are offenders to this in pre-movie as well. I happen to feel that Season 3 was the overall beginning of the townspeople becoming ungrateful mean-spirited jerks. Just take a look at The Sponge Who Could Fly and Party Pooper Pants. Don't get me wrong, Season 3 has some of my favorite episodes, but there is definitely a decline when compared to the near-perfect streak of Seasons 1 and 2.

Vuvuzela Smasher said:
When the townspeople actually contribute to the plot it's only to push the story in a certain direction, so I see it as more of a storytelling issue than a character flaw.
That is actually a good point. I never thought of it that way.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I mean Tom and Fred are always great (just look at my name), but the rest of the Bikini Bottomites just kind of change around depending on what the plot wants them to do, so I don't think they're that bad.

Back