Have the Bikini Bottomites became really unlikeable?

The Bikini Bottomites... Possibly my least favorite character. Yes, worse than Pearl.

Now, I bet someone like EVIL is going to say "GIVE US PROOF", and you know what? I've got it covered.

What episodes are glaring examples?

Answer:

Let's take on this hushpuppy first:

Good_Neighbors.PNG

What makes the townspeople so unlikeable? The ending.

"..community service every Sunday for the rest of your life..."

Apparently, what he's saying is that the only day Squidward is able to relax are now wasted with community service, and every other day, he has to suffer work. (applause) Ladies and gentlemen, the Bikini Bottomites.

Now, I'm going to say right away... They did fade off of this. Until this abomination came around:

Squid_Wood.jpg

Yes, this little spoiled monster. Everyone freaking prefers a puppet over the real Squidward? What the heck?

Yet again, another break. Until...

Card_Fungus_Among_Us.jpg

Funny, all of my examples are on my bottom 60. Interesting.

The townspeople in this one freaking pop the bubble. Eew... in my bottom 25 for sure.

Then...

Good_Ol%27_Whatshisname.jpg

The_Krusty_Sponge.PNG

What.png

It only gets worse from here...

Gone.png

NVE00002.png

Sun_Bleached.jpg
Racism isn't funny.
Giant.jpg

DitchinTittleCard.jpg

They seriously arrested Dale for having a criminal record...
GetAttachment3-1.jpg
Well, at least the students were.
Tentacle-Vision.jpg

Still continuing to worsen...
Stuck_in_the_Wringer.jpg

This episode can die..
Someonesinthekitchen.png

Oh no... not this episode.
Last_stand.png

The_Play%27s_the_Thing.jpg

Sponge-Cano%21.jpg

Look at this...

Drive_Thru.png

Smoothejazz.jpg

S09E03B-Squid-Baby-Titlecard.PNG

Little_Yellow_Book.png

What Squidward did was wrong, but you don't have to freaking take his house away, do you?

Yes... I realize it... the Bikini Bottomites are now officially my least favorite characters. Seasons 5-7 especially.

So yes. This is my presentation, and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I personally always found how stupid and rash the Bikini Bottomites are as pretty funny. A lot of these examples also are really reaching.

KanyeShrug1.jpg

Sandles: You've deserved what you've got.

IRJJNIuiniuUINUNUYBUJFHNFJIFJMFHJHJJJJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjfifhgkmgjgkvgjgvgvbgugvhnvgjvgjNONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONOururuhgvmjvgggjgjgjjNOHEDOESNOTWHYDOYOUWANTTHATTOHAPPENTOHIMTHANKSALOTNOWI
CANNOTFALLASLEEPiugnbgugigiggggggggggggggggggggAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111jggggfdsjgbkvcjnhjsmnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbWOWjffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPLEASESTANDBYTHEREISNOCURSING

F F F F FF FF F F FF 46458668988568686866885594494 |_| & |-| ghost ghost

You deserved what you've got.

My goodness. D:<

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I have to agree. The BBM have become really hateful and mean in the more recent seasons. Though I have to point out two things.

One, how is Sun Bleached racist? I haven't seen it in a while, but exactly how is it racist?

And two, the "squid abuse" in Good Ol' WhatsHisName was more or less well deserved. I'm not sure if I should be mad at this episode for having such a bad ending (Squidward being sent to jail... FOR TEN YEARS?!?!), or if I should be mad at Squidward for being so stupid.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
squidwardisawesome22 said:
Racism isn't funny.
You wouldn't want to check out my stand-ups.

I think Bottomites just forget how to be bold, rash, offensive and funny at the same time. Or maybe they thought that the last part (being funny) would be too consumer oriented and decided to abandon it and make them more unlikeable.

I hate Bikini Bottomies too, especially in Stuck in the Wringer, SWS, Giant Squidward and Little Yellow Book.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Most of times they're pretty stupid. I dislike them in most episodes. I've also disliked them in The Clash of Triton, which it isn't mentioned here.

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
The only one I disagree on is "Sponge-Cano".

Yes, they do try to kill Squidward by throwing him in the volcano, but they had a reason.
First of all, they don't really do anything, they just breathe and do what they usually do, which of cause, makes Squidward angry.
Moving on to the volcano thing, the only reason they wanted to kill Squidward was to save themselves. Tell me, imagine if you were living in the Bikini Bottom, then suddenly a giant volcano struck. A insane dolphin warrior comes out and explains the only way to stop the volcano is to sacrifice the most miserable person, would you do it? (Probally not if your a major Squidward fan).

I definally agree on Stuck in the Wringler. I mean, Patrick pretty much disabled SpongeBob and mistook his friend's pain for joy, and once SpongeBob finally gets a piece of his mind, the Bikini Bottom citizens say "Oh, you hurt your friend's feelings, you're a jerk, I hope you die in a car crash for saying that!!". It's just one of the moments in which I just want to grab a knife, go inside the TV and stab everyone (but SpongeBob) in the chest. I don't care if the police come, atleast I got my money's wroth. If I was president of Nickelodeon, I would just cut out that scene, along with SpongeBob saying "I guess crying does solve your problems after all". You know, if you want to make a morral, make sure it's a good morral!

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I think that there hateful actions are kinda funny. They are still pretty mean though.

hfjs

Good Neighbors - I wanted to shoot at least one of the townspeople.
Squid Wood - Bikini Bottom idiocy at it's worst.
Fungus Among Us - Someone get me a bag.
Good Ol' Whathisname - I would only point fingers at the cops here.
The Krusty Sponge - Especially the ending.
WhoBob WhatPants - A world without Krabby Patties is...a world with angry mobs. NO.
Gone - I thought they liked Spongebob.
Slide Whistle Stooges - C'mon, let me hurt them...
Sun Bleached - Only Mammalton was problematic with me.
Giant Squidward - Even though I have a guilty pleasure with this episode, I don't remember much of it, so no comment.
Ditchin : See Good Ol' Whathisname for my comment on this episode.
Professor Squidward - Once again, see Good Ol' Whathisname.
Tentacle Vision - I can agree easily.
Stuck in the Wringer - The stupidest thing i've ever seen.
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy - See Good Ol' Whathisname.
Spongebob's Last Stand - Don't remember much.
The Play's The Thing - OH, ABSOLUTELY.
Sponge-Cano - I still don't understand half of this abomination.
Drive Thru - Only Pearl and her friends, if that counts.
Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom - Actually, yes.
Squid Baby - Kind of.
Little Yellow Book - I don't really know...

Back