Gumball is ending after Season 6

Sad to see it go. I used to watch it a lot, especially during the first few seasons, and always admired how experimental it is. Some of the newer episodes have been kind of stale, though, so it's probably for the better that it's ending.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Can you explain plz?
I feel in season 5 and 6, the humor gets much worse. It doesn't come off as clever when you're making fun of SJW's, or fanart and shippings, or how the world is garbage today and just overall political references when you do them every other episode. I would be okay with this but I also feel the other humor they have isn't written as well as it used to be, plus I'm not big on how the Wattersons are written now, plus Gumball and Darwin's new voices suck.

I guess my main problem is that they up the ante on pop culture references and even toilet humor at some points but forget to write funny dialogue and when they talk about something serious (like The Parents or The Transformation for example), it is executed very poorly. It's weird too considering some of the season 5 and 6 writers worked on previous seasons or the whole show in general. Maybe it's with a lot of the writers who come in around late season 4-6??

Also noticed the art direction in season six looks cheaper to the point where it's very noticeable. I don't know what's going on but the peak of the show was around Season 2 through 4.

President Squidward said:
I feel in season 5 and 6, the humor gets much worse. It doesn't come off as clever when you're making fun of SJW's, or fanart and shippings, or how the world is garbage today and just overall political references when you do them every other episode. I would be okay with this but I also feel the other humor they have isn't written as well as it used to be, plus I'm not big on how the Wattersons are written now, plus Gumball and Darwin's new voices suck.

I guess my main problem is that they up the ante on pop culture references and even toilet humor at some points but forget to write funny dialogue and when they talk about something serious (like The Parents or The Transformation for example), it is executed very poorly. It's weird too considering some of the season 5 and 6 writers worked on previous seasons or the whole show in general. Maybe it's with a lot of the writers who come in around late season 4-6??

Also noticed the art direction in season six looks cheaper to the point where it's very noticeable. I don't know what's going on but the peak of the show was around Season 2 through 4.
I was going to say that I hate the political crap too. That's one of the main reasons why I don't watch the show often anymore. It was kind of funny when they did it in the earlier seasons, but it's so blatant and in-your-face now that it's not enjoyable. They're basically just trying to be the kids version of Simpsons or South Park now. The episode with the Trump lookalike was almost the end of it for me.

It's sad too, because I know a lot of people like the new direction. Me personally, I didn't watch Gumball to have political references and POTUS bashing shoved in my face. I watched it for the diverse cast of characters, the creative humor and the fun storylines. That's what made me love the show, and I still do admire how creative it can be at points. But if they want to continue going in the South Park wannabe direction, then it's probably for the better that the show ends.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
President Squidward said:

Weird thinking how season 1 was on when society was in a different time period. Many episode plots wouldn't exists if they were on during the time of season one. Including episodes about memes, selfies, SJWs, and online shipping.

Back