In Progress Guilty Pleasures and Guilty Pains.

Emy

Floating Shopping List
From each season, tell me your most overrated, underrated, overhated, and underhated episode from all 12 seasons. Go!

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Season 1
Overrated: Pizza Delivery (It's Obvious)

Underrated: The first half of the season except for the above and including The Paper and Neptunes Spatula

Overhated: I Was A Teenage Gary and Valentine's Day

Underhated: I don't know

Season 2
Overrated: Band Geeks (Don't say it's not overrated. You know it's true)

Underrated: Squid's Day Off and Squid On Strike

Overhated: I'm With Stupid

Underhated: I don't know...

I'll post Season 3 and Season 4 later...

Last edited:

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
:sbjazz:Here I go...

(I'll try to post some of my opinions that are not as well known.)

Season 1

Overrated: Pizza Delivery (boring somewhat)
Underrated: Karate Choppers (funny)
Overhated: Neptune's Spatula (idk)
Underhated: None

Season 2

Overrated: Christmas Who (has minor plot holes)
Underrated: Jellyfish Hunter (great plot)
Overhated: Squirrel Jokes (funny and good ending)
Underhated: Grandma's Kisses (annoying to watch)

Season 3

Overrated: Plankton's Army (bad ending)
Underrated: Pranks A Lot (funny)
Overhated: The Sponge Who Could Fly (good songs, good plot)
Underhated: MMBB IV (annoying to watch)

Season 4

Overrated: Fear Of a Krabby Patty (boring)
Underrated: Whale of a Birthday (great ending)
Overhated: Bummer Vacation (great jokes)
Underhated: Have You Seen This Snail (a lot of reasons)

Season 5

Overrated: Roller Cowards (boring)
Underrated: Le Big Switch (good plot and jokes)
Overhated: What Ever Happened To SpongeBob (idk why people hate this)
Underhated: Breath of a Fresh Squidward (bad plot, bad ending)

Season 6

Overrated: Toy Store of Doom (bad climax and plot)
Underrated: Slide Whistle Stooges (funny)
Overhated: Dear Vikings (very funny but abrupt ending)
Underhated: The Clash of Triton (painful to watch)

Season 7

Overrated: The Great Patty Caper (a little boring)
Underrated: The 127 pair (Tentacle Vision and I Heart Dancing)
Overhated: One Coarse Meal :omg: (overhated but just meh)
Underhated: SpongeBob's Last Stand (a lot of reasons)

Season 8

Overrated: The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (boring)
Underrated: Accidents Will Happen (very well executed plot and good ending)
Overhated: A SquarePants Family Vacation (relaxing to watch)
Underhated: Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (jerky Pearl)

Season 9A (because yes)

Overrated: Jailbreak! (plot holes)
Underrated: Squirrel Record (funny)
Overhated: Squid Defense (meh but some good jokes)
Underhated: It Came From Goo Lagoon (a lot of reasons)

Season 9B

Overrated: Food Con Castaways and Bulletin Board (bad plot in both)
Underrated: Patrick! The Game (great concept and execution)
Overhated: Mutiny On the Krusty (exciting)
Underhated: Married To Money (a lot of reasons)

Season 10

Overrated: Mimic Madness (awesome song but meh)
Underrated: SpongeBob's Place (good plot and many easter eggs)
Overhated: House Worming (good episode and short)
Underhated: Whirly Brains (what is this [dolphin noise?])

Season 11

Overrated: Karen's Virus (a little boring but meh)
Underrated: Moving Bubble Bass (A-MAZ-ING)
Overhated: Pat the Horse (great jokes)
Underhated: Squirrel Jelly (evil Sandy)

Season 12 (finally!)

Overrated: Stormy Weather (lack of jokes)
Underrated: My Two Krabses (funny)
Overhated: Lighthouse Louie (good jokes and many references to past episodes)
Underhated: Jolly Lodgers (Good Neighbors 2.0)

Wow...this is a very long list, but it was really fun making these! :sblaugh:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 1:
Overrated: F.U.N - it is a good episode but still a bit overrated for me.
Underrated: Home Sweet pineapple - one of my favorite episodes.
Overhated: I Was a Teenage Gary - I really like this episode.
Underhated: NAture Pants. I would not say underhated, but it is the weakes episode in this season. But is it still nice.

Season 2:
Overrated: Welcome to The Chum Bucket - a good episode but again, a bit overrated.
Underrated: The Smoking Peanut - I don't know why but I find this episode very enjoyable.
Overhated: I'm With Stupid - I LIKE it.
Underhated: Your Shoe's Untied - Again, not a bad episode for me, but meh.

Season 3:
Overrated: The Alge's Always Greener - a nice episode, no more than that(but I need to rewatch it)
Underrated: My Pretty Seahorse(very funny)/ Clams(my favorite in this season).
Overhated: The 3 specials.
Underhated: Rock-a-Bye-Bivalve.

Season 4:
Overrated: Fear of a Krabby Patty - it is good but not in my top.
Underrated: Best Frenemies - one of my favorite.
Overhated: Wigstruck I like it so much / Good Neighbors - I do not hate it.
Underhated: Enemy In Law - it has some good moments and jokes but meh

Season 5:
Overrated: Idk
Underrated: Good OI' Whathisname - I like it!
Overhated: Fungus Among Us - other episode I do not hate and find it nice / WhoBob WhatPants - it is pretty nice.
Underhated: Spongehenege - one of the weirdest episodes in this show. Boring

Season 6:
Overrated: Krabby Road - it is meh for me.
Underrated: Spongebob VS The Big One - The atmosphare in this episode is wonderful. The song is great.
Overhated: Penny Foolish - It is very entertaining.
Underhated: Giant Squidward. It is awful.

Season 7:
Overrated: Perfect Chmistry - It is nice, no more than that.
Underrated: Kracked Krabs - it is very hilarious / The Wreck of the Mauna Loa - I like the concept and execution of this episode.
Overhated: Spongebob's Last Stand - I like it.
Underhated: Stuck in the Wringer - the worst episode until season 10. Awful. Boring. Stupid. Annoying. Patrick. Townspeople.

Season 8:
Overrated: It's a Spongebob Christmas - It was very boring that I did not finish the episode XD + I hate 3D.
Underrated: Squidward's School for Grown-ups - I like it and the song is very good.
Overhated: Are You Happy Now? - I like it very much.
Underhated: Barnacle Face - it is boring. Awful.

Season 9:
Overrated: Plankton's Pet - a good episode but not in my favorite.
Underrated: Extreme Sport - the concept is good and the execution is great. One of my favorite in this season.
Overhated: Kenny the Cat - I find this episode nice.
Underhated: Mutiny on the Krusty - other episode which classed as "one of the weirdest episodes in this show", boring, weird, meh.

Season 10:
Overrated: Mimic Madness - I hate this episode. I said many times that I hate this era.
Underrated: Lief Insurance - funny episode.
Overhated: House Worming - the short in the end is good.
Underhated: Trident Trouble - this is too much boring for me.

Season 11:
Overrated: My Leg! - it is nice.
Underrated: Krusty Kleaners - good episode / Teachers' Pests - funny episode.
Overhated: Each hates episode in thie seasons deserves it.
Underhated: Ink Lemonade - the worst episode in this show. Boring. Stupid. Sadistic. Disgusting. Awful. Pathetic. Weird. It should replace "A Pal for Gary" as the most hated episode.

I have not finished season 12 and I do not know if I will finish it tbh. It took me long time but it was very fun, I like rating episodes!

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Season 3

Overrated: Honestly the whole Season is overrated but because there's no fun in just saying that, here are the episodes: No Wennies Allowed, Chocolate With Nuts, Krab Borg, and about several other episodes

Underrated: The Algies Always Greener, My Pretty Seahorse, Mistaken Identity (Reason why is they aren't really talked about as much)

Overhated: Party Pooper Pants and The Great Snail Race

Underhated: Doing Time (Particularly the ending but overall the episode is fine)

Season 4

Overrated: Dunces and Dragons and Have You Seen This Snail

Underrated: Fear of a Krabby Patty, Shell of a Man, The Lost Mattress, Krabs vs. Plankton, Once Bitten, Bummer Vacation, and most of the Holdovers

Overrated: Honestly it's Good Neighbors, I just think it's meh in my opinion

Underhated: All That Glitters (If anything, I think Good Neighbors is better than All That Glitters because at least that episode somewhat has story)

Season 5

Overrated: I don't know

Underrated: Friend or Foe? (The first Spongebob episode (from memory) I've watched), Spy Buddies, and Night Light.

Overhated: Rise and Shine, Boat Smarts, and Atlantis Squarepantis

I think that this should be enough for today? I'll do the Dark Age seasons another day (or tomorrow but I can't promise that I will)

Last edited:

Zombies4EvaDude

Imitation Krab
Season 5

I guess an underrated for Season 5 would probably be Breath Of Fresh Squidward because that episode outright states that Squidward gets hated for things that Spongebob usually gets praised for in universe. Also Spongebob was way too harsh in the climax. The ending was pretty funny though.
I guess an underrated for Season 5 would probably be Breath Of Fresh Squidward because that episode outright states that Squidward gets hated for things that Spongebob usually gets praised for in universe. Also Spongebob was way too harsh in the climax. The ending was pretty funny though.

Last edited:

Zombies4EvaDude

Imitation Krab
Season 1:

Overrated- “F.U.N.”
Underrated- “The Paper” (mostly cause many people haven’t seen it, even though it’s one of the best episodes of the season)
Overhated- “I Was A Teenage Gary” (not as bad as everyone says it is, just a little dull but shows that Squidward cares about Gary
Underhated- “Musclebob Buffpants” (A worse version of No Weenies Allowed)

Season 2:

Overrated: “Band Geeks” (not saying it’s not A Tier Episode material, but there’s other funnier episodes that deserve the title of best episode of all time.
Underrated: “Squid On Strike” (I will stay on strike til this episode gets the praise it deserves, even if it takes FOREVER!)
Overhated: “Grandma’s Kisses” (Had lots of memorable moments. Even though everyone was a jerk, it had a valuable lesson about not rushing to grow up)
Underhated: “Dumped” (Patrick’s a jerk with no equal punishment in the end, and features Spongebob crying half the time. Also it has a lazy and stupid ending).

Season 3:

Overrated: “Chocolate With Nuts” (Like “Band Geeks”, gets too much love. “Wet Painters” is funnier change my mind.)
Underrated: “Spongebob Meets The Strangler” (One of the most solid episodes with brilliant Bugs Bunny- esque comedy in it.
Overhated: “The Bully”
(Relatable episode with a funny climax at the end)
Underhated: “Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy IV”
(Cruelty to Spongebob and Squidward, though the ending was pretty genius and funny).

Season 4:

Overrated: “Whale of a Birthday” (Pearl being annoying, and Mr Krabs being kinda cruel to Pearl by implying he gives her old food. It’s not that funny either.)
Underrated: “Patrick Smartpants” (A lot of good jokes, solid plot, and give a lot of insight into the relationship of Spongebob and Patrick.)
Overhated: “Funny Pants” (Spongebob’s laughter doesn’t go on for too long, and has a sweet ending where Spongebob donates his laugh box.)
Underhated: “All That Glitters” (Very cruel to Spongebob, includes a lot of unfunny painful crying from Spongebob, and isn’t even that funny).

Season 5

Overrated: “Pest of the West” (Idk wasn’t that funny, and the songs are a bit tedious. Also it’s first time they started using Wacom tablets for better or worse.
Underrated: “New Digs”
(Believable for Spongebob, and they play around with the concept well).
Overhated: “Atlantis Squarepantis”
(It was just boring with some tedious songs, but people exaggerate the hate for this way too much).
Underhated: “Breath of Fresh Squidward” (Very mean spirited to Squidward and Spongebob is beyond cruel at the climax. Also has unfortunate implications for Squidward’s treatment throughout the series).

Season 6:

Overrated: “Toy Store Of Doom”
(Loads of filler and just stupid)
Underrated: “Spongeicus”
(Loads of funny jokes and a nice concept).
Overhated: “Dear Vikings”
(It’s just boring but not that bad (definitely doesn’t deserve an Emmy Award though).)
Underhated: “Giant Squidward” (Just a typical Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise:: but with the townsfish from “The Sponge Who Could Fly”. Just plain mean spirited.)

Season 7:

Overrated: “Love that Squid”
(Spongebob acts kind of creepy towards Squidward, though it has an ending where Squidward actually wins.)
Underrated: “Perfect Chemistry”
(A great concept meant to be, with actual food funny fart jokes. What more can I say?)
Overhated: “The Main Drain”
(Half of the jokes work and are actually funny. Too bad it suffers from immense filler though...)
Underhated: “Trenchbillies”
(The character designs are disgusting and it’s just hillbilly stereotypes.)

Season 8:

Overrated: “Treats”
(It’s a good sweet episode about learning to say NO directly, but it’s not that funny.)
Underrated: “Hello Bikini Bottom” (A funny, solid episode with some actual great songs, jokes and characters. Also it was Aaron Springer’s final episode.)
Overhated: “Face Freeze”
(Sure it’s a ripoff of “Hooky” but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dying laughing from some of the faces.)
Underhated: “Patrick’s Staycation” (It’s boring and a frankly underhated mean spirited Patrick’s a Prick episode.)

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
Season 1:

Overrated- “F.U.N.”
Underrated- “The Paper” (mostly cause many people haven’t seen it, even though it’s one of the best episodes of the season)
Overhated- “I Was A Teenage Gary” (not as bad as everyone says it is, just a little dull but shows that Squidward cares about Gary

Season 2:

Overrated: “Band Geeks” (not saying it’s not A Tier Episode material, but there’s other funnier episodes that deserve the title of best episode of all time.
Underrated: “Squid On Strike” (I will stay on strike til this episode gets the praise it deserves, even if it takes FOREVER!)
Overhated: “Grandma’s Kisses” (Had lots of memorable moments. Even though everyone was a jerk, it had a valuable lesson about not rushing to grow up)
Underhated: “Dumped” (Patrick’s a jerk with no equal punishment in the end, and features Spongebob crying half the time. Also it has a lazy and stupid ending).

Season 3:

Overrated: “Chocolate With Nuts” (Like “Band Geeks”, gets too much love. “Wet Painters” is funnier change my mind.)
Underrated: “Spongebob Meets The Strangler” (One of the most solid episodes with brilliant Bugs Bunny- esque comedy in it.
(Cruelty to Spongebob and Squidward, though the ending was pretty genius and funny).

Season 4:

Overrated: “Whale of a Birthday” (Pearl being annoying, and Mr Krabs being kinda cruel to Pearl by implying he gives her old food. It’s not that funny either.)
Underrated: “Patrick Smartpants” (A lot of good jokes, solid plot, and give a lot of insight into the relationship of Spongebob and Patrick.)
Overhated: “Funny Pants” (Spongebob’s laughter doesn’t go on for too long, and has a sweet ending where Spongebob donates his laugh box.)
Underhated: “All That Glitters” (Very cruel to Spongebob, includes a lot of unfunny painful crying from Spongebob, and isn’t even that funny).

Season 5

Overrated: “Pest of the West” (Idk wasn’t that funny, and the songs are a bit tedious. Also it’s first time they started using Wacom tablets for better or worse.
(It was just boring with some tedious songs, but people exaggerate the hate for this way too much).
Underhated: “Breath of Fresh Squidward” (Very mean spirited to Squidward and Spongebob is beyond cruel at the climax. Also has unfortunate implications for Squidward’s treatment throughout the series).

Season 6:

(It’s just boring but not that bad (definitely doesn’t deserve an Emmy Award though).)
Underhated: “Giant Squidward” (Just a typical Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise:: but with the townsfish from “The Sponge Who Could Fly”. Just plain mean spirited.)

Season 7:

(Spongebob acts kind of creepy towards Squidward, though it has an ending where Squidward actually wins.)
(A great concept meant to be, with actual food funny fart jokes. What more can I say?)
(Half of the jokes work and are actually funny. Too bad it suffers from immense filler though...)

Season 8:

(It’s a good sweet episode about learning to say NO directly, but it’s not that funny.)
Underrated: “Hello Bikini Bottom” (A funny, solid episode with some actual great songs, jokes and characters. Also it was Aaron Springer’s final episode.)
(Sure it’s a ripoff of “Hooky” but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dying laughing from some of the faces.)
Underhated: “Patrick’s Staycation” (It’s boring and a frankly underhated mean spirited Patrick’s a Prick episode.)
I agree with a lot of things in here such as MMBB IV and Breath of a Fresh Squidward being bad and Squid on Strike and Funny Pants being good.

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
Season 1
Overrated: Pizza Delivery (It's Obvious)

Underrated: The first half of the season except for the above and including The Paper and Neptunes Spatula

Season 2
Overrated: Band Geeks (Don't say it's not overrated. You know it's true)

Underrated: Squid'
Season 1
Overrated: Ripped Pants

Underrated: The Paper and Neptune's Spatula

Underhated: Reef Blower (i don't hate it i just never found it the most interesting)

Season 2
Overrated: Band Geeks

Underrated: Spongebob Sandy and the Worm

Overhated: Dumped

Underhated: i hate no season 2 episode

Season 3
Overrated: Just One Bite
Underrated: Missing Identity (ep title fits)
Overhated: Party Pooper Pants (this actually gets hate, probably because SB forces everyone to have the party his way)
Underhated: i hate no season 3 episodes
Season 4
Overrated: Have You Seen This Snail?
Underrated: Wishing you Well
Overhated: Whale of a Birthday
Underhated: That's no Lady (what were they thinking)

Season 5
Overrated: Two Faces of Squidward
Underrated: The Inmates of Summer
Overhated: Fungus Among Us
Underhated: Picture Day
patrick baby: Goo Goo Gas
more coming soon

Last edited:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 1:

Overrated- “F.U.N.”

Season 2:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Season 5

Season 6:

Season 7:

Season 8:

Nice list. Could you please explain about " Brilliant Bugs Bunny esque comedy"? I did not understand it well

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
Season 1:

Overrated- “F.U.N.”

Season 2:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Season 5

Season 6:

Season 7:

Season 8:

mrenter terms

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
I will fo it from the pre-movie era
Season l
Overrated-Pizza Delivery
Underrated-Pickles
Overhated-I Was A Teenage Gary
Underhated-Sandy's Rocket
Season ll
Overrated-Band Geeks (still love the episode though)
Underrated-Christmas Who?
Overhated-Idiot Box
Underhated-Nasty Patty (meh)
Season lll
Overrated-Wet Painters
Underrated-Party Pooper Pants
Overhated-The Sponge Who Could Fly
Underhated-Chocolate With Nuts

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
Post-Movie Era
Season IV
Overrated: Krusty Towers
Underrated: Good Neighbors
Overhated: IDK
Underhated: Skill Crane
Season V
Overrated: IDK
Underrated: ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS DEFINETLY IT IS SO HATED BUT IT'S IN MY TOP 5
Underhated: Spongehenge IT SHOULD BE HYPER-INFAMOUS NOT ULTRA-INFAMOUS

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
Post-Movie Era
Season IV
Overrated: Krusty Towers
Underrated: Good Neighbors
Underhated: Skill Crane
Season V
Overrated: IDK
Underrated: ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS DEFINETLY IT IS SO HATED BUT IT'S IN MY TOP 5
Underhated: Spongehenge IT SHOULD BE HYPER-INFAMOUS NOT ULTRA-INFAMOUS
Finally, someone who thinks Krusty Towers is overrated. :sbyes:

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
:sbjazz:Here I go...

(I'll try to post some of my opinions that are not as well known.)

Season 1

Overrated: Pizza Delivery (boring somewhat)
Underrated: Karate Choppers (funny)
Overhated: Neptune's Spatula (idk)
Underhated: None

Season 2

Overrated: Christmas Who (has minor plot holes)
Underrated: Jellyfish Hunter (great plot)
Overhated: Squirrel Jokes (funny and good ending)
Underhated: Grandma's Kisses (annoying to watch)

Season 3

Overrated: Plankton's Army (bad ending)
Underrated: Pranks A Lot (funny)
Overhated: The Sponge Who Could Fly (good songs, good plot)
Underhated: MMBB IV (annoying to watch)

Season 4

Overrated: Fear Of a Krabby Patty (boring)
Underrated: Whale of a Birthday (great ending)
Overhated: Bummer Vacation (great jokes)
Underhated: Have You Seen This Snail (a lot of reasons)

Season 5

Overrated: Roller Cowards (boring)
Underrated: Le Big Switch (good plot and jokes)
Overhated: What Ever Happened To SpongeBob (idk why people hate this)
Underhated: Breath of a Fresh Squidward (bad plot, bad ending)

Season 6

Overrated: Toy Store of Doom (bad climax and plot)
Underrated: Slide Whistle Stooges (funny)
Overhated: Dear Vikings (very funny but abrupt ending)
Underhated: The Clash of Triton (painful to watch)

Season 7

Overrated: The Great Patty Caper (a little boring)
Underrated: The 127 pair (Tentacle Vision and I Heart Dancing)
Overhated: One Coarse Meal :omg: (overhated but just meh)
Underhated: SpongeBob's Last Stand (a lot of reasons)

Season 8

Overrated: The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (boring)
Underrated: Accidents Will Happen (very well executed plot and good ending)
Overhated: A SquarePants Family Vacation (relaxing to watch)
Underhated: Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (jerky Pearl)

Season 9A (because yes)

Overrated: Jailbreak! (plot holes)
Underrated: Squirrel Record (funny)
Overhated: Squid Defense (meh but some good jokes)
Underhated: It Came From Goo Lagoon (a lot of reasons)

Season 9B

Overrated: Food Con Castaways and Bulletin Board (bad plot in both)
Underrated: Patrick! The Game (great concept and execution)
Overhated: Mutiny On the Krusty (exciting)
Underhated: Married To Money (a lot of reasons)

Season 10

Overrated: Mimic Madness (awesome song but meh)
Underrated: SpongeBob's Place (good plot and many easter eggs)
Overhated: House Worming (good episode and short)
Underhated: Whirly Brains (what is this [dolphin noise?])

Season 11

Overrated: Karen's Virus (a little boring but meh)
Underrated: Moving Bubble Bass (A-MAZ-ING)
Overhated: Pat the Horse (great jokes)
Underhated: Squirrel Jelly (evil Sandy)

Season 12 (finally!)

Overrated: Stormy Weather (lack of jokes)
Underrated: My Two Krabses (funny)
Overhated: Lighthouse Louie (good jokes and many references to past episodes)
Underhated: Jolly Lodgers (Good Neighbors 2.0)

Wow...this is a very long list, but it was really fun making these! :sblaugh:
So "Squirrel Jelly" should be ULTRA-infamous?

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
From each season, tell me your most overrated, underrated, overhated, and underhated episode from all 12 seasons. Go!
Season 1 overrated
F.U.N underrated Suds underhated dunno overhated dunno
Season 2 overrated Christmas Who underrated Pressure overhated dunno underhated Squirrel Jokes
Season 3 overrated Krusty Krab Training Video underrated Wet Painters overhated dunno underhated Club Spongebob
Season 4 overrated Skill Crane underrated Wishing You Well overhated Squidbob Tentacles underhated dunno

Back