Guide to SpongeBob Art Styles

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Does season 5 have different artstyles or not? Well, let's find out...

Big Face Bob (his face takes up most of his body)
pictures.php

Late season 4 design

BuckBob (His buckteeth are unusually big)

pictures.php

Season 5 CheekBob (This mostly appears in the later part of the season. This version of CheekBob has a subtle difference from season 6's in that the cheeks don't obscure his mouth as much)

The artstyles are more subtle than in 4, so they're harder to notice unless you really try to look for them.

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Does season 5 have different artstyles or not? Well, let's find out...

Big Face Bob (his face takes up most of his body)
pictures.php

His season 3 worried facial expression (Which becomes rare, but can still be seen a few times in season 5 and a couple of early season 6ers. After that his default expression when he's worried starts changing entirely)

pictures.php

Late season 4 design

pictures.php

BuckBob (His buckteeth are unusually big)

pictures.php

Season 5 CheekBob (This mostly appears in the later part of the season. This version of CheekBob has a subtle difference from season 6's in that the cheeks don't obscure his mouth as much)

pictures.php

The artstyles are more subtle than in 4, so they're harder to notice unless you really try to look for them.

I can't see any of the images.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Ugh, I know! Drove me nuts how none of the links worked. Not sure if the ones showing now are reliable or not, but you can see the images.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I consider it the last season with consistently good animation (even though facial expressions are occasionally weird).

Back