Part Computer or Something
- Apr 3, 2023
- Favorite Character
- SpongeBob SquarePants
This thread is dedicated to guessing the year of a screenshot from a SpongeBob SquarePants episode, or an episode from another series. This topic has already been discussed in the ‘Art Style analysis in Spongebob and various other shows’ thread, but I want to know more about how I can guess the year something has been made better. Here are Original Raw and Uncut's opinions (along with other users' opinions):
- Season 1: Help Wanted looks like it was made in 1993. The rougher season 1 episodes such as I Was a Teenage Gary look 1994/5. The majority of rougher season 1 episodes look 1995. The cleaner episodes in the season such as Reef Blower, Hall Monitor and The Paper look 1997/8. Some of the very late episodes in the season such as Walking Small and Fools in April look 1998.
- Season 2: The majority of season 2 episodes look like they were made in 2001. Episodes with really bad dot crawl such as Frankendoodle, Krusty Love and Sailor Mouth Look look late ’90s.
- Season 3: The majority of season 3 episodes look like they were made in 2001. The dot crawl episodes look 2000. PizzaApple feels that Ugh looks early 2003. The Sponge Who Could Fly and Pranks a Lot look 2003/4, and a few Reddit users even stated that Pranks a Lot looks 2008.
- Season 4: The 2004-produced season 4 episodes look 2003.
- Season 5: Season 5 looks 2006.
- Seasons 6 and 7: Seasons 6 and 7 look appropriate for their time (2007-2009).
- Season 8: Season 8 looks 2010.
- Season 9: Season 9a looks 2012, whereas season 9b looks 2015.
- Season 10-present: Season 10 onwards looks 2017.