Grade the Last Movie You Watched (Revived)

Kimberly

call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me
ghostbusters 2016: finally got around to seeing this, and my suspicions were confirmed: it's a fun and goofy movie, very solid and well-written, with a likeable cast. it's not flawless by any means, but it's a start. 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Watching all of the Harry Potter movies

Sorcerer's Stone - 9/10
Chamber of Secrets - 9/10

Will grade others later

SourNote2014

Imitation Krab
Cinema Paradiso (AKA Nuovo Cinema Paradiso) - A

If you love movies, particularly old ones, then this is the one for you. It also has compelling drama, beautiful cinematography, particularly the Forties and Fifties scenes, heartwrenchingly poignant music... it is a masterpiece of a film.

The main character's method of getting a girl isn't exactly the most ideal. And it is unrealistic that she hooks up with him for a while after he stands in front of her house for months.

Other than that, it is an amazing film that pretty much deserved the awards it got. The relationship between the boy and the projectionist is really sweet (though in their last scene together they're almost too close).

It also gives us the ups and downs of playing a film for people about sixty or seventy years ago: it's hard, demanding work, but in the end you feel like you're the entertainer.

It's a film about change, about the loss of innocence. The old being replaced with the new, no matter how small a change. And that was done really powerfully.

I watched this film because Ennio Morricone wrote the score and boy did it deliver.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Half-Blood Prince - 9/10
Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 8.5/10 (It's kinda hard to rate since it's only half of the story)
Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 10/10 (I luv this movie)

Back