Gordok's Top Ten Darkest/Creepiest Spongebob Episodes of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
NUMBER6_zps7a106075.jpg

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=%2BEIoYS1fQOVnW462J8%2F0uIW4GPFOGzEC3hRb5Mg4cIs%3D

In this episode, Spongebob injures Mrs. Puff so badly that he ruptures her inflation sack, meaning she will never be able to puff again. While at the hospital, Spongebob and Mrs. Puff learn about a nearby demolition derby, where people risk their lives “for other people’s amusement”.

Upon learning this, Mrs. Puff hatches a very dark plan, which is to get Spongebob killed in this demoltion derby! Right away, that rubbed me the wrong way. Either it was because that’s pretty twisted for a kids’ show, or I’ve been reading too many Spongebob creepypastas lately!

Anyways, Mrs. Puff enters Spongebob into the derby (as The Squish) and tells him that this is just a bit of “extra credit”. And, due to his bad driving, Spongebob actually does very well in the derby (so well that he pretty much beats all of the other competitors)! This shocks Mrs. Puff to the point where she literally, and explicitly screams “WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE???”

That’s right. She’s wondering not how he’s okay, not how he’s still standing, but how he is still living! That’s pretty screwed up for this show. It was actually kind of disturbing how bloodthirsty she was! Even though she couldn't stand SpongeBob, Mrs. Puff never wished the worst for him; she just wanted him out of her sight. She knew that if she passed SpongeBob before he was actually ready to drive, he would be a danger to himself and everybody else. She doesn't want him to get hurt, so she goes out of her way, and endures all the damage, because she doesn't want a reckless driver to graduate. The way the writers portrayed Mrs. Puff (in a murderous, bloodthirsty way) is absolutely horrifying! I like dark themes in kids’ shows now, but at the time, I was tempted to turn off the TV halfway through.

So, angry that Spongebob is still standing, Mrs. Puff decides to enter the derby herself (as a competitor) and she calls herself “The Huff”. After chasing Spongebob for a few minutes, they both crash through the derby wall and eventually crash into the boating school. And the episode ends with everything getting back to normal and Mrs. Puff getting her puff back.

Seriously? An episode where Mrs. Puff turns into a crazed psycho killer and tries to kill Spongebob???
omfg.gif

As the episode went on, I wasn’t sure whether or not this was one of those “Lost Episodes” that have been shown on the air. I was a Lost Episode Creepypasta fan at the time (I am now, still) and because of that, I actually thought Spongebob (or another character) was going to die. It was THAT disturbing!
fear.gif
I like dark themes in shows, but when the writers take it TOO far like this, then there’s a problem. This episode was just messed up. That’s all I’ve got to say.
no.gif

Hint for next episode: Episode inspires Creepypasta

I can understand why people hates DD so much. I hated Mrs. Puff in this episode too but I really enjoyed watching this episode. Demolotion Derby scenes were just awesome. It would have been one of my favorite season 8 episodes, If Mrs. Puff hasn't tried to kill SpongeBob. The next episode is Squid's Visit.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Yeah, I love dark themes and stories, but the writers can definitely take things too far sometimes. Actually, it's not so much that they go too far, it's that they don't handle their dark themes properly. Like playing a legit suicide attempt for laughs or having a character actively try to kill another one all for the sake of "comedy". Um, no. Just no.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I love Demoltion Doofus, excluding Mrs. Puff being OOC here.

The rest of the episode was just pure awesome though and doesn't really deserve all the hate.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Sandy died said:
You know, how does Mrs. Puff actually try to kill SB?
Well, she tries to kill Spongebob by entering him into a demolition derby, in hopes that he'll get blown up/crushed/or something like that. When she sees that Spongebob is actually GOOD at the derby (due to his bad driving), she actually enters herself in the derby as the HUFF, and tries to run over Spongebob with the gigantic monster vehicle.

GordokTheScary said:
Well, she tries to kill Spongebob by entering him into a demolition derby, in hopes that he'll get blown up/crushed/or something like that. When she sees that Spongebob is actually GOOD at the derby (due to his bad driving), she actually enters herself in the derby as the HUFF, and tries to run over Spongebob with the gigantic monster vehicle.
You know he is joking, right?

GordokTheScary said:
wtf crazy woman

SB_DW_Fan said:
You know he is joking, right?
No, I mean I have never watched the eppy.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
NUMBER5_zps2a7213c7.jpg

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=lox2sZK6jhhnMfHVuCE59TEEOC0X1Xmam%2Fqtv2Grwvk%3D

Time to update my list! So, this episode right here is quite infamous. But why?

Well, in this episode, Spongebob asks Squidward to visit him. When Squidward says no, Spongebob starts crying and he begins to constantly invite him over to his house. And Squiddy says no every time. But instead of taking no for an answer, Spongebob decides to go a rather… eerie direction.

He steals Squidward’s vacuum cleaner, which makes Squidward come over. And this is where things start to get creepy. Squidward walks in, only to find that Spongebob has redecorated the ENTIRE interior of his house to look like Squidward’s! Throughout the episode, Squidward sees what detail and speck of effort Spongebob put into this. He got the crack from when Squiddy moved in. He got all of the positions of every piece of furniture right. He even copied Squidward’s childhood items! Eventually, Squidward finds his vacuum cleaner, which helps to revive his remaining sanity.

But the minute he steps outside, his house has been burned down! It turns out that Squidward accidentally left a casserole in his oven when he went to Spongebob’s house, and from then on, he completely forgot about it. Spongebob tells Squidward that he is allowed to stay at his house until his own is fixed (Can You Spare a Dime!), which drains ALL the sanity that poor Squiddy has left, causing a rather disturbing scene with him… having tea with his vacuum cleaner. Yeah….

The episode ends with Squidward sleeping in Spongebob’s replica of Squidward’s house, while Spongebob and Gary sleep in the spot where Squiddy’s house burned down.

Hmm, well, even though Squidward had lost his mind house, at least he is able to sleep in his wonderful replica and be happy. And I’m sure that’s all Spongebob wanted right? Yeah, he could not have possibly wanted to really drive him to insanity, to the point where Squidward becomes trapped inside a cold dark basement, soon never wanting to get out, right? Yeah… At least everything will go back to normal soon enough… Or will it?

(cut to Squid’s Visit – Alternate Version)
Spongebob: Once I’m finished with you, we shall be closer together, forever….
(back to the episode)

tumblr_lamyve2xiV1qbaxlqo1_500.gif

Hint for Number 4: When close friends explode

Fun Fact: THis episode actually inspired a certain creepypasta if you want to read it :hehe:
http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/35521-creepypasta-squids-visit-alternate-version/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back