Gordok's Top Ten Darkest/Creepiest Spongebob Episodes of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
NUMBER7_zps8fa3ae18.jpg

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=1a7PcnMLC7Vd1wHbYfFGcJcYjBvpiqPxECCMHFwTSdQ%3D

This is certainly… interesting. And it’s no doubt one of the strangest, and creepiest episodes of all time! It begins with Squidward at work all happy because he has a clarinet recital to play at the next day. But, he snaps when his clarinet gets a bit smudged. So, because of this, he demands a place to store his stuff, in which Mr. Krabs brings out his old navy locker for him to use. And, since Spongebob wants to use it as well, Krabs has them both share the locker.

Things get a little more intriguing for both the audience, and Squidward himself, when he notices that Spongebob is constantly redecorating the locker. At one point, he enters the locker, only to find himself in a HUGE storage room, which feels like a maze to him. After looking for the clarinet in the designated area (Spongebob left a note to tell him where it was), Squidward finds a small hole, crawls through it, and finds himself in a weird forest with gigantic clarinets as trees. He spots his clarinet, just before he is picked up by a large eagle head, "The Keeper" of The Hornet Forest or Clarinetland telling him to learn respect, and to grant peace to clarinets, and that a clarinet can not be owned. In desperation, Squidward claims that he has learned to respect clarinets and tries to escape, but "The Keeper" does not believe him and swallows him.

This is where things turn even weirder. After going through a strange and surreal realm chasing Spongebob, he falls out of a pinball machine and he is picked up by a gigantic version of Patrick, who tells him to watch out for… the pressure… All of a sudden, Pat runs off and Squidward is then sucked up by a giant vacuum cleaner, sending him literally into space, chasing Spongebob. After finally catching him, Squidward finds himself in the locker in its normal state, revealing that it was all a nightmare.

I honestly find this one to be pretty underrated. It was amusing, but I mostly liked the nightmare sequence Squidward went through. The story was actually very intriguing, and I liked the surrealism and creepiness of it. And it was actually supposed to be creepy, as it is a nightmare sequence designed around Squidward. The only problem I really have with it is that the nightmare sequence felt a little too short, and that they made very little references to Alice in Wonderland, which would’ve been pretty nice. But other than that, this episode is actually very interesting, as well as being quite a bit weird and disturbing!

Hint for next episode: The Truck of DOOM

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
squidwardisawesome22 said:
I really like SIC. It's my favorite season 7 episode.
The truck of doom? Pet or pests? Gone? Those are my guesses.
By truck of DOOM, I'm talking about a huge truck used for literal DOOM. And Pet or Pests isn't on here, and Gone is actually an honorable mention (came VERY close to making it on here).

GordoktheMad said:
By truck of DOOM, I'm talking about a huge truck used for literal DOOM. And Pet or Pests isn't on here, and Gone is actually an honorable mention (came VERY close to making it on here).
Toy Store of Doom? Spongebob's Last Stand? No idea.

Squidward in Clarinetland is one of my favorite season 7 episodes. I didn't think It's one of the best season 7 episodes until I rewatched again. I do think It's underrated. Some people just hated it because It was creepy and weird. Creepy parts didn't bother me like It did in Squid's Visit. The next is Demolotion Doofus.

hfjs

I haven't been following, but the pics you used for Ghost Host scared me out of my mind.

Sweat

Banished
A question to Gordok - are these episodes based off of your opinion or is it supposed to agree with the demographic?

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I adore Squidward in Clarinetland. I loved the creepy, surreal imagery and the nightmare-ish tone to the episode. I would have loved more references to Alice in Wonderland, since the title is obviously a reference to it, but that's sort of a nitpick.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Halibut said:
A question to Gordok - are these episodes based off of your opinion or is it supposed to agree with the demographic?
They are based on my opinion. A lot of people would probably put an episode like, One Coarse Meal, on their list, and while I find it to be very dark, I put it as an honorable mention. And there is going to be a rather... odd choice coming to my list.

And I even spoke my opinion truthfully when I said Atlantis Squarepantis is actually one of my favorite episodes. I really don't find it that bad. And there are even some episodes that almost everybody else likes that I don't. Squilliam Returns, Dumped, I'm With Stupid, The Bully, Krusty Krab Training Video (I like it a little, just not THAT much), and Born Again Krabs (one of my least favorite episodes) are all episodes that I either don't care for, dislike, or absolutely DESPISE! And I even like Karate Island and Dear Vikings (just a little)! So no, my opinions are not supposed to agree with the demographic, my opinions are coming from what I (personally) feel about a certain episode (or anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back