Gordok's Bottom 37 Spongebob Episodes

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Hello, everyone. While the 25 Worst/Best list is still running, I'm making a new list to keep you all occupied in the process. This was inspired by Mr Enter's Animated Atrocities Note Pages, so I decided to make some myself. Now, I've made a note page for EVERY Spongebob episode I have a real disliking for. How many, you ask? Well, it's not 118. It's actually 38 (two episodes are going to be tied together). My opinions have changed for certain episodes, so that's why I'm making a 3rd edition to my Bottom list. Keep in mind that I'm not going to write each episode down in an essay form like I do on all my other lists. Rather, there are two things you need to keep in mind. One, I'm going to rank each episode from least bad to worst based on how many atrocity points they have. Some episodes that are a bit higher than others may have the same points (for example: 6 is Choir Boys with 33 points, and 5 is the Splinter with 33 points). That only means I dislike that particular episode more. And two, rather than the typical essay form, I'm going to put each episode down like this:

Title Card: (The title design for the episode)

Season: (the season the episode's in)

Atrocity Points: (how many atrocity points it got based on my judgement)

Premise: (the main idea of the episode)

Why I Dislike It: (my reasons for putting a certain episode here)

Final Rating: (what I would rate the episode)

Also, in case your wondering about the atrocity points, the way I feel about an episode based on its points are similar to Mr Enter's:

• 9-10: A bad episode, but not an atrocity
  • 11-19: tolerable
  • 20-29: intolerable
  • 30-39: unwatchable
  • 40-49: unforgiveable
  • 50-59: ban-able
  • 60 or above: .......

That's how I feel about episodes according to the points.

Now, if there is an episode you disagree with or an episode you wish would make it on this list, don't freak out over it. If I don't remember an episode you'd wish to be on this list, and I watch it and hate it, I'll add it as an honorable mention (also, there's 4 Pre-Movie episodes on this list). Speaking of honorable mentions...

Squeaky Boots (4.5/10)
The Thing (7/10)
The Sponge Who Could Fly (5/10)
Night Light (6/10)
Penny Foolish (5/10)
Are You Happy Now? (5.5/10)
The Plays The Thing (4.5/10)
Spongebob You're Fired! (4.5/10)
Professor Squidward (5/10)
As Seen On TV (6.5/10)
I Was A Teenage Gary (5.5/10)
Big Sister Sam (5/10)
For Here or To Go? (7/10)

There may be some disagreeable choices, but overall, I hope you enjoy this list.

Hint for #37: Which restaurant do I bulldoze?

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
38? That's dramatically different than what Mr. Enter had on his list. I think conservatively, I might have a similar number of episodes as you do but it's also a given that I have still not seen every episode yet. I also did an experiment to take out a bunch of the specials and Season 6-7 episodes and came up with around 44 episodes that he deemed to be Animated Atrocities in his book. I think I counted around 63% of the episodes he had came from those two seasons or were just specials and subtracted that number from 118.

I disagree with I Was a Teenage Gary and is the first episode coming up Move it or Lose It?

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
iyamtheman72 said:
38? That's dramatically different than what Mr. Enter had on his list. I think conservatively, I might have a similar number of episodes as you do but it's also a given that I have still not seen every episode yet. I also did an experiment to take out a bunch of the specials and Season 6-7 episodes and came up with around 44 episodes that he deemed to be Animated Atrocities in his book. I think I counted around 63% of the episodes he had came from those two seasons or were just specials and subtracted that number from 118.

I disagree with I Was a Teenage Gary and is the first episode coming up Move it or Lose It?
Yeah, it is, isn't it? I dislike quite a few episodes, but not over 100! And that's an interesting experiment you made. I'm not surprised that over half of his atrocites came from those 2 seasons (or were specials). They're quite infamous.

And yes it is!

Moveitorloseit.jpg

Season: 8

Atrocity Points: 11

Premise: Mr. Krabs and Plankton petition against bulldozing a Bikini Bottom restaurant.

Why I Dislike It: To kick off the Bottom 37, we have THIS episode. Now, to be fair, I don't hate this episode. But good grief this was disappointing! When I first heard of this episode, I was interested. One of the two restaurants is going to be destroyed? Oh no! I became more interested as I watched the episode at hand. As predictable as it was, Plankton cheated and now the Krusty Krab was going to be destroyed! That sounds, horrible. Don't you think? Well, as the guy in the bulldozer was heading towards the KK, it turns out that he only wanted to push it one foot further so that both restaurants could be exaclty 100 feet apart! Yeah, I got excited, only to see... that. To be fair, I'm actually more disappointed than angry at this one. At least Plankton got his comeuppance for cheating (his restaurant got destroyed due to... Spongebob's stupidity). But other than that, it's really weak for Season 8. Not horrible, just weak.

Final Rating: 4/10 (mediocre)

Hint for #36: A hidden object game in real life!

I'm following.

Move it or Lose it? is terrible.

ATROCITY POINTS: 12 points

Favorite to least favorite in the countdown:
1. Move It Or Lose It? (12 pts)

Mantis

killer queen best stand
GordokTheMad said:
Yeah, it is, isn't it? I dislike quite a few episodes, but not over 100! And that's an interesting experiment you made. I'm not surprised that over half of his atrocites came from those 2 seasons (or were specials). They're quite infamous.

And yes it is!

Moveitorloseit.jpg

Atrocity Points: 11

Premise: Mr. Krabs and Plankton petition against bulldozing a Bikini Bottom restaurant.
Why I Dislike It: To kick off the Bottom 37, we have THIS episode. Now, to be fair, I don't hate this episode. But good grief this was disappointing! When I first heard of this episode, I was interested. One of the two restaurants is going to be destroyed? Oh no! I became more interested as I watched the episode at hand. As predictable as it was, Plankton cheated and now the Krusty Krab was going to be destroyed! That sounds, horrible. Don't you think? Well, as the guy in the bulldozer was heading towards the KK, it turns out that he only wanted to push it one foot further so that both restaurants could be exaclty 100 feet apart! Yeah, I got excited, only to see... that. To be fair, I'm actually more disappointed than angry at this one. At least Plankton got his comeuppance for cheating (his restaurant got destroyed due to... Spongebob's stupidity). But other than that, it's really weak for Season 8. Not horrible, just weak.

Final Rating: 4/10 (mediocre)

Hint for #36: A hidden object game in real life!
Looks like this episode was Spongebob's Last Stand all over again. And the next one is Arrgh!

More

VIP
Actually, I also only found 38 I disliked. Move it or Lose it is actually not one of them, but it is very meh.

You just can't stop making lists, don't you, Gordok?

Anyway, I actually like Movie It Or Lose It but I agreed that It's one of the weaker season 8 episodes.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I'm following. I don't really remember Move It Or Lose It. I must watch it again.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Welcome_to_the_Bikini_Bottom_Triangle.jpg

Season: 7

Atrocity Points: 12

Premise: Once sucked in, SpongeBob, Patrick and the rest of the gang look for a way out of the Bikini Bottom Triangle!

Why I Dislike It: Oh look! An episode from the disappointment that is Legends of Bikini Bottom! (the only good episodes there are The Curse of The Hex and The Monster Who Came To Bikini Bottom) I thought the premise of it was a bit interesting (a group a mermaids sing a song, summoning a mist to take possessions to a mysterious island), but it was executed poorly. It would’ve done good if it was like SB-129 or Squidward in Clarinetland, where the episode was creepy or dark. I mean, really! They’ve already got the mysterious mermaid song and the creepy mist, keep bringing the creepy! If they had at least kept the eeriness and dark imagery, then this could’ve actually been one of the darker (and better) Spongebob Episodes of Season 7. But they went with one of the stupidest, nonsensical plots possible. Rather than some eerie spell, the mermaids are able to control a vacuum in the sky. How does that work? I know it's a cartoon, but it feels TOO nonsensical and stupid for Spongebob. And the plot is resolved pretty cheaply as well. Pearl tells the mermaids (who are... ugh, teen girl stereotypes) about malls, so instead of them just abducting the mall, they ditch their old junk and get everyone back in no time! Yeah. It started off so well, but sadly, it fell flat on its face in the end. :( I'll give it this, Patrick's crush on the mermaids was an awesome reference to his crush on Mindy! <3

Final Rating: 4/10

Hint for Number 35: The infection! IT'S SPREADING!!!

This episode was really dumb in my opinion.

Atrocity points: 14 points

Favorite to least favorite:
2. Move it or Lose it? (12 pts)
1. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (14 pts)

MadFred

ooooooofy day
The Bikini Bottom Triangle is.. Disappointing, but not bad.

#35 is Fungus Among Us, which is abominable.

I agreed that Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle could have been a lot more enjoyable and darker but I still love that episode. I found it very funny. In my opinion best episode of LOBB.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
TIME FOR A DOUBLE WHAMMY! (BTW, I'm gonna dow two a day)

Card_Fungus_Among_Us.jpg

Season: 5

Atrocity Points: 13

Premise: SpongeBob develops a nasty, itchy sea fungus that grows over everything it touches!

Why I Dislike It: This episode is... bleh. My problem with it is not the fungus, since that didn't bother me TOO much. What makes me dislike the episode is how BORING it is! It's not as bad as something like The Main Drain (which is coming later in the list, BTW), but it's still pretty bad. I don't think I laughed at anything in this episode, and the episode always made me want to take a nap, even when I was little. I always avoided this episode mainly for that reason. It's just really boring and gross. Also, the Bikini Bottomites are really stupid. If they didn't want the germs to spread even more, then WHY DID THEY POP SPONGEBOB'S QUARANTINE BUBBLE?! I don't get it!

Final Rating: 4/10

Sentimental_Sponge.jpg

Atrocity Points: 14

Premise: When SpongeBob takes out his garbage after cleaning his house, Patrick reprimands him for letting go of all the items he deems has sentimental value. After pondering the concept, SpongeBob decides to keep every item he owns for its sentimental value until his home becomes too cramped for him to live in.

Why I Dislike It: Oh, NOW we're getting into the bad episodes, starting with Sentimental Spongebob. One of the things that annoys me is how Spongebob just can't let go of ANYTHING, even his sweat and grease. That's disgusting! But what really ticks me off is how the conflict is triggered. Patrick tells Spongebob that he should learn a bit of sentimental value, and ALL OF A SUDDEN, Spongebob's keeping so much garbage in his house and the yard that it becomes too cramped and dirty to live in. And as per usual, he drags Squidward into this mess. I mean, why? If Spongebob had some experience or event happen in his life that made him a hoarder, I can understand. But just one or two sentences makes him change drastically? That's kind of insane! And of course, when he has to throw away his junk, he cries over it like he just lost a family member. I would put this episode higher, but to be fair, it felt a little interesting how they portray this kind of behavior realistically. Also, the nightshirt gag was kind of funny. But other than that, I never really found this to be a good episode.

Final Rating: 3.5/10

Hint for next two episodes...
Hint A: Even the smallest bottle can cause mass destruction.
Hint B: Status Quo really is the worst god I've ever seen!

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Oh, I forgot something! (People are probably gonna start flaming me for not putting this on the list but...)

Honorable Mention:
One_Coarse_Meal.jpg

Yes, I know you're all probably disappointed that this isn't on the countdown, but I do have a reason for it.

Why it's an Honorable Mention: Mr. Krabs is at some of his worst here, tormenting Plankton and driving Plankton to suicide. It gets pretty sad when you realize that they were friends once. :(

Why's it's not on the list: Well, although MANY people say it's one of the worst episodes ever, I've seen quite a few people say that it's not as bad as other people say it is. So I watched this episode again, and I can honestly say... that's it's not as bad as I thought before. Just so you know, that does NOT mean that I like this episode in any way, shape or form, since I still think it is pretty bad. It's just not as abysmal as I once perceived it (another reason I watched it is because I only watched it once before). The first half (before we see 16 days of paranoia for Plankton) was actually decent and pretty entertaining, especially when Plankton was carrying out his new plan. Also, there were a few funny moments here and there (again, in the first half). Also, the ending, while not one of the best, is actually better than some people say it is. Mr. Krabs actually gets a little bit of comeuppance, and Spongebob was actually more like his older self, especially when he let Plankton have his fun for a few minutes, and also when he tried to stop Plankton from killing himself. I don't he had any cruel intentions by using the projector on Plankton. While I don't like this episode, I don't hate it. For me, all my hatred for it has basically been drained away, and since I don't like it, at all, I have basically no feeling for it. I wouldn't turn off the TV if it came on, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other. If I did hate it at this point, this episode surely would've made it on the Bottom 5, but since I can't muster up any hatred nor love for this episode, it only serves as an honorable mention.

cwn

Porous Freak
Oh, I forgot something! (People are probably gonna start flaming me for not putting this on the list but...)

Honorable Mention:
One_Coarse_Meal.jpg

Yes, I know you're all probably disappointed that this isn't on the countdown, but I do have a reason for it.

Why it's an Honorable Mention: Mr. Krabs is at some of his worst here, tormenting Plankton and driving Plankton to suicide. It gets pretty sad when you realize that they were friends once. :(

Why's it's not on the list: Well, although MANY people say it's one of the worst episodes ever, I've seen quite a few people say that it's not as bad as other people say it is. So I watched this episode again, and I can honestly say... that's it's not as bad as I thought before. Just so you know, that does NOT mean that I like this episode in any way, shape or form, since I still think it is pretty bad. It's just not as abysmal as I once perceived it (another reason I watched it is because I only watched it once before). The first half (before we see 16 days of paranoia for Plankton) was actually decent and pretty entertaining, especially when Plankton was carrying out his new plan. Also, there were a few funny moments here and there (again, in the first half). Also, the ending, while not one of the best, is actually better than some people say it is. Mr. Krabs actually gets a little bit of comeuppance, and Spongebob was actually more like his older self, especially when he let Plankton have his fun for a few minutes, and also when he tried to stop Plankton from killing himself. I don't he had any cruel intentions by using the projector on Plankton. While I don't like this episode, I don't hate it. For me, all my hatred for it has basically been drained away, and since I don't like it, at all, I have basically no feeling for it. I wouldn't turn off the TV if it came on, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other. If I did hate it at this point, this episode surely would've made it on the Bottom 5, but since I can't muster up any hatred nor love for this episode, it only serves as an honorable mention.
Also, most of the problems that people conjure about this episode could be fixed with Krabs just apologizing, and episodes alike The Krusty Sponge don't punish Krabs at all. Oh yeah, and it's not like Plankton didn't enslave all of the Bikini Bottomites and freeze Krabs in the past.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
cwn said:
Also, most of the problems that people conjure about this episode could be fixed with Krabs just apologizing, and episodes alike The Krusty Sponge don't punish Krabs at all. Oh yeah, and it's not like Plankton didn't enslave all of the Bikini Bottomites and freeze Krabs in the past.
True. If Krabs realized what a sadist he was being and apologized, then this episode could've been good!

And I do agree that Plankton is far from a saint. It really should've pointed out how some people talk about Plankton as if all he does is steal things. He's done MUCH worse than that!

Back