google play vs app store

who do you like?

• Total voters

SirKazuma

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I don't really see the point of this it's not like you can chose between them. You either have one or the other, depending on the device you're using.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
PhilipB said:
How can this even be an argument? They're basically the same thing
Nope, and here's why not.

Apple is strict with it's developer rules. They don't want third-party developers or very unprofessionally designed apps filling up the App Store. That's why you see all these polished apps making App of the Week or Featured apps. Only if you search something inane or asinine would you get a crappy app.

With Google Play, they're the opposite. They allow third party developers to design and quickly upload apps. Just like that. And that just means I can make an app and upload it to the Play store. Just like that. But this also makes it less restricted. Same goes for Android as a whole. Apple likes to restrain and keep its users confined within it's ecosystem, even the Kindle OS is like that. Android allows you to go outside of the boundaries (really there aren't any at all) and make the OS your own.

That's what I like about Android. And that's why Apple iOS jailbreaking is called "jailbreaking". You "break" out of the "jail" that is the constraints Apple puts on its users via hacking into it.

Wow, that was a mouthful. :|

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
NastyPatty2002 said:
Nope, and here's why not.

Apple is strict with it's developer rules. They don't want third-party developers or very unprofessionally designed apps filling up the App Store. That's why you see all these polished apps making App of the Week or Featured apps. Only if you search something inane or asinine would you get a crappy app.

With Google Play, they're the opposite. They allow third party developers to design and quickly upload apps. Just like that. And that just means I can make an app and upload it to the Play store. Just like that. But this also makes it less restricted. Same goes for Android as a whole. Apple likes to restrain and keep its users confined within it's ecosystem, even the Kindle OS is like that. Android allows you to go outside of the boundaries (really there aren't any at all) and make the OS your own.

That's what I like about Android. And that's why Apple iOS jailbreaking is called "jailbreaking". You "break" out of the "jail" that is the constraints Apple puts on its users via hacking into it.

Wow, that was a mouthful. :|
Yeah but my point was they're app stores.

Who argues over app stores.

Surely there are more interesting arguments we can have over tech.

If I had to side with an app store, I'd choose Apple's. Mainly because the variety of interesting and unique apps is better, and also because crap like this doesn't happen: http://i.imgur.com/wJjS0t3.jpg

Back