goodmorning's Top 50 Best Spongebob Episodes

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
i'm making a top 50. hooray.

here are the honorable mentions...i have a lot of those.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=R3x%2BxswduSBstBE8PVN7neU9RpnRgGw0jyYW5FnmqBk%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=DjebW7%2FOxHCufKmPWmcO9bSxSQRHbzSXFzNzMXYFIR0%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=nDg0fJiupyYadzGTTvXf3qaUfJV8%2F2op2g%2Boo103RJo%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=MGcbjAFBNMukojLH0KA2KAXQ2l9Z59pK%2FzKGkNyIq3g%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=qQBkG3Svs70vShi9rA6MJ%2F4v3einth5zbG03FzjuWGI%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=H9JMrpPqLTxgGelzJ5V%2BHfqO%2Fx3isR92tw6Y%2BI95arA%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=%2FXWyn8fFXfPiYQWkd9K5UrTmBVO6nlnVV%2B0Akde9OCY%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=8lz1O2bQ3XdXM8we8aJ670KbVZYcCPzEy%2FyCsmMSIF8%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=v70pE7%2FjEn7ROsIht6zkrG9GVGtNyqcCI5DU%2BHclghQ%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=oXg%2Bxc0PFY8SrK2LnXx88b4PyeqYWzVzsMw2peyPI2c%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=6DYy2X5rMRsjk%2BcopZFh6CjTn8wdUNz8T3wUR1IX6sA%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=bdsXKokEV%2Fnmxkjl8iGYMNk%2FYgR6pTJJUEmnvI9jFsw%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=M9NIs1BRcLpLEZ6F0AeCUcfRQeWurJjnpZtuGf1RqRM%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Y0RBiXkkBk%2BBtxcW4eJbqGFCH8KyWJvIk%2F823aLX3kY%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=2XOaL1VbBLS0PgkhQ0VnffZdOVQ4FjsiCJqstIclpHI%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=dwJVjzbmurYs%2BUMY1LMqd8wRM1LEoRBgtb82SJMdOnU%3D

finally... 17 honorable mentions... another thing,there 9 ties (there are no three-way ties.),meaning there are 59 episodes on this list. there are also 11 post-movie episodes.

the first review should be up today or maybe even tomorrow.

hint for #50:"Good thing I put a spare key under the mat." (hooray for actual hints!)(you're all going to hate me for putting this episode on the list...)

More

VIP
Followed. I'm gonna love this list!!! First up is Party Pooper Pants. I won't kill you, I just think it was meh.

By the way, did you forget to put some HM's on the list? If so, would you have put them on, and about where? I definitely think Wishing You Well should've been here but it's your opinion, and your opinion is awesome!!!

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
Followed. I'm gonna love this list!!! First up is Party Pooper Pants. I won't kill you, I just think it was meh.

By the way, did you forget to put some HM's on the list? If so, would you have put them on, and about where? I definitely think Wishing You Well should've been here but it's your opinion, and your opinion is awesome!!!
suds and the paper were on the list at first,but then i realized i didn't find them worhty of the top 50.

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
i'll post 50 now,because why not? anyways,here it is.

oh,and by the way,fools in april was also originally on the list.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=jaV2gsZ81biCm7c1x1k0%2FkdvS74CbHAz%2FuEluqUaEcM%3D

Party Pooper Pants

I know everyone hates this episode...it's horrible,SpongeBob's unlikable,it's stupid,it's cruel...but I really like it. But I can understand why people hate it. Without further adieu (is that how it's spelled?),here's my review of this episode.

The episode starts with Patchy segments.(am I the only one who actually likes the Patchy segments?) He's throwing a house party,everyone is invited,etc. He also sends an invitation to SpongeBob himself,which results in a funny scene.

SpongeBob: I'd sure like to go to this party, but I can't read the invitation!
Patrick: Me neither.
SpongeBob: Whoever sent this obviously has no idea about the physical limitations of life underwater! Well, might as well throw these in the fire.

Then we get to the SpongeBob segment. He's trying to break his record to the cash register at the Barg'n Mart,in 19 seconds. Then,he sees a "Plan Your Own Party Kit",and he decides to buy it. Then,he does everything according to the party kit. He invites people,makes clotted cream,pinatas,and even a schedule.

SpongeBob: 8:00-8:05: Guests arrive. 8:05-8:15: Opening remarks and general discussion. 8:15-8:27: Craft corner, followed by name tag distribution. [list rolls across the table] At 8:27, we begin the qualifying rounds for our cracker-eating slash tongue-twister contest. 9:07: running charades. [list rolls along the wall] 9:38: charity apple-bob. [list is still rolling around] 9:57: Electric jitterbug dance marathon, ladies' choice. [winks at Gary. The list stops on Spongebob's head] At 10:09, things start cooking as I dig into my world-famous knock-knock joke vault!

Now this is why everyone hates this episode. SpongeBob is unlikeable because he made this list and he wants everybody to respect it and it comes off as mean-spirited. Anyways,we get back to some Patchy segments again,where Potty hired a heavy metal band for the party,but Patchy doesn't like that. Back to the SpongeBob scenes,the first party guest,which is Patrick,arrives 40 seconds late. Mr. Krabs also arrives,and so does Squidward.

SpongeBob: Squidward, you made it!
Squidward: My cable's out. [Spongebob hides some wire cutters behind his back]
SpongeBob: Oh, uhh, sorry to hear about that.

Everyone else arrives,he gives them topic cards...

Mr Krabs: What does yours say, Plankton?
Plankton: Oh, uhh, it says, (really shows 'Where are You From?') 'Discuss the secret ingredient of the Krabby Patty formula.' (clears throat) How interesting.
Mr Krabs: Nice try, Plankton.

SpongeBob then goes to the coat room,gives Gary a coat,and then exits the coat room. After exiting the room,he's shocked when he sees that nobody is following his schedule and that they're actually having fun. After that,he makes everyone calm down and sit on his couch,while saying that it's time to read the newspaper comics. SpongeBob notices that he's currently holding yesterday's newspaper,and goes outside to get today's paper. Then he notices that he's locked outside. He notices the same thing as before,everyone is having fun when he's not there. He tries calling Patrick...

Patrick: Hello, Squarepants residence. What? I'm sorry, what? [scene cuts to SpongeBob using a pay phone outside, across the street]
SpongeBob: Patrick, it's me, Spongebob!
Patrick: You wanna talk to Spongebob?
SpongeBob: Yes... no, Patrick! I'm SpongeBob! I'm outside!
Patrick: Ok, hold on. [opens door] Spongebob, you out here? Phone's for you! [Spongebob runs toward the door. Patrick closes it in front of him] Sorry, he's not here.

...but it doesn't work. He puts the phone in the punch bowl,since there's an ice sculpture of Spongebob in it. He tries getting in through the window.

SpongeBob: Oh no, sounds like someone's rummaging through my medicine cabinet! [climbs up the side of his house] I hope they don't touch my special comb.
Larry: Well, I think I've aired it up enough. [Larry closes the window on Spongebob's fingers. SpongeBob falls down screaming. Larry hears the screams] Hey, this party's finally starting to pick up.

...but that doesn't work either.

Pearl: Gee, SpongeBob really knows how to throw a great party!
Mrs. Puff: Oh yes, everything is quite lovely. [sees SpongeBob spying through the window] Eww, although I don't care for his taste of paintings. [turns the window around]
SpongeBob: I don't even know how that happened.

He also tries tunneling back in,but he accidentally gets kicked back outside. He gets mad,grabs a pickaxe out of nowhere,and decides that he should break in. The police see him,and they try arresting him. He explains the situations,and the police leave. 3 seconds later,they come back and arrest SpongeBob because...they weren't invited to the party. Are you serious? Okay,that's one of the two things I didn't like in this special. You can't arrest somebody for not inviting you to their party.

Then comes the second thing I didn't like about this special. SpongeBob goes back home,lifts up the doormat,and finds a spare key. THE DOORMAT WASN'T EVEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Anyways,after that,SpongeBob heads into his house,sees that his house is ruined,and then Patrick comes and tells him that it was the best party ever. SpongeBob is happy,and the episode ends. Actually,the SpongeBob segments end,because we also get some Patchy segments and a song. I actually liked the song. Then the episode really ends.

In conclusion,I can understand why people hate this episode,but,to be honest,it's really great in my opinion. SpongeBob got comeuppance,and I loved most of the jokes.

Favorite part:
Pearl: Gee, SpongeBob really knows how to throw a great party!
Mrs. Puff: Oh yes, everything is quite lovely. [sees SpongeBob spying through the window] Eww, although I don't care for his taste of paintings. [turns the window around]
SpongeBob: I don't even know how that happened.

Hint for #49:"One Krabby Patty,hold the mayonnaise."

More

VIP
Even though SpongeBob was way out of character acting like a jerk to everyone in a bothersome way, I still find the episode pretty enjoyable elsewhere. I'll just mark it as "Debatable"

And yeah, the doormat joke seemed forced. Next up will be Planet of the Jellyfish.

goodmorning

Moby Dollar

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=uRpkbzB3FlyRMNS3zQYgFWu6MJXd15fLs8u1e8et%2BFk%3D

Planet of the Jellyfish

Hooray,post-movie episodes on this list! Even though pre-movie dominates,there are still a lot of good post-movie episodes(and a lot of bad post-movie episodes.). This is one of them.

This episode starts with SpongeBob and Patrick jellyfishing. SpongeBob then notices that Jellyfish Fields looks different. Patrick decides to take a nap,then SpongeBob goes into some creepy cave. In that cave,there's a giant green jellyfish-looking monster that eats jellyfish then spits them out,causing them to have shiny black eyes. A "jellion" then sees Patrick and infects him,giving him those same black shiny eyes. Jellyfied Patrick then suggests that they should give a jellyfish (they're all infected) to their friends. He gave everyone a jellyfish,even Squidward (who is jellyfied too). Then,he takes a jellion to live with him. The jellion tryies infecting him,but fails.

SpongeBob: I can’t sleep. (goes downstairs to watch a movie)
SpongeBob: (eating popcorn as lightning flashes on the TV)
(Jellion almost bites SpongeBob again)
SpongeBob: AHHHHHHH! Ha, these late night horror shows are a real hoot. Oh hey, you want some popcorn?
(Jellion chokes on the popcorn)
SpongeBob: Hey, hey! Are you okay?

He infects Gary,however,then he goes to the Krusty Krab. There are a lot of customers today,and they all want Krabby Patties without mayonnaise.

Jellion Fish #1: One Krabby Patty, hold the mayonnaise.
Jellion Squidward: One Krabby Patty, hold the mayonnaise.
Jellion Patrick: One Krabby Patty, hold the mayonnaise.
Jellion Squidward: Thank you, come again.

He goes into the kitchen,when he sees that Patrick is flipping patties. He goes...somewhere and sees huge boxes of mayonnaise. Behind them is the same green monster.

SpongeBob: Okay…. He’s acting weird today. Hey there’s plenty of mayo back here! (pulls a box of mayonnaise out and hears a noise) Huh, is somebody in there? (sees Jellion Overlord)
SpongeBob: Monsters! Squidward! And Mr. Krabs! (gasp) Patrick too! And some random guy! (GASP) MY SPATULA! It’s just like that movie I watched last night! Those things have captured everyone and put them into creepy pods! (walks out of freezer) Hi…..Patrick. I gotta clean the tables….Patrick. Ha ha….Patrick. (gets surprised by Jellion Squidward)
Jellion Squidward: Hi, SpongeBob. Don’t you want a cute little jellyfish?

SpongeBob refuses,and sees that everyone is jellyfied,except for him. Sandy grabs him with a lasso,and sends him into her treedome. Sandy isn't jellyfied either,and she wants to test SpongeBob.

Sandy: All right, you rotten jelly clone, what did you do with SpongeBob?
SpongeBob: I’m no clone, Sandy. I am SpongeBob.
Sandy: Then you won’t mind if I do a simple test? (tickles SpongeBob) Coochy coochy coo! Coochy coochy-
SpongeBob: NOT THE COOCHY COOCHY COO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sandy: You’re SpongeBob, alright.

SpongeBob then tells Sandy that the jellions hate mayo,then they put on some sunglasses that look like the jellion's eyes,they go into the Krusty Krab,but Sandy's sunglasses accidentally fall off. The jellions notice them,but SpongeBob grabs a jar of mayo and shoots it at Mr. Krabs,which disintregrates,and the real Krabs comes out of the pod. He shoots mayonnaise at everyone,disintegrating them. Then they go into...the same place as before where the jellion overlord is standing. He throws solid mayo on the jellion overload,Sandy turns up the heat,and he dies.

Mr. Krabs: What happened?
SpongeBob: Well, let me tell you.
(Cue to time card saying “Eleven Minutes Later”)
SpongeBob: And that’s why we’re covered in goo!

Mr. Krabs then makes Krabby Patties with green goo,and the episode ends.

In conclusion,I thought this was a funny,interesting and a little creepy episode.

Favorite part:
Fish #1: I would like One Krabby-
Jellion Squidward: One Krabby Patty, hold the mayonnaise.
Fish #1: Actually, I want mine with extra mayo!
(Jellion Squidward and several other Jellion fish hiss at Fish #1)
Fish #1: Woah, dudes!

hint for #48a:"I am SpongeBob, destroyer of evil!"
#48b:"6 o' clock." (hooray,first tie!)

Planet of the Jellyfish is so perfect that It should be higher on the list.

#48a Frankendoodle
#48b Employee of the Month?

More

VIP
I like Planet of the Jellyfish a lot.

So next is Frankendoodle and Rock-a-Bye Bivalve, both of which I'd put higher.

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
48a.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=qbjgWuQDe610cJZprTNBuTevDtROho84PqrED6JJaJo%3D

Frankendoodle

This episode was rather creative. ...and I have nothing else to say about this episode,except for the fact that it was funny. Anyways,I'll review it now.

The episode begins with a real-life human standing on a boat in the middle of the ocean. He's an artist,and he accidentally drops his pencil in the ocean. We cut to Bikini Bottom,where SpongeBob and Patrick are playing rock paper scissors. All of a sudden,the pencil falls from the sky. Spongebob and Patrick are scared at first,but then they realize it's a giant pencil. They start drawing things with it.

SpongeBob: It’s a jellyfish.
Patrick: Pretty good, SpongeBob…but it’s lacking basic construction, and your perspective leaves a lot to be desired.
SpongeBob: Eh, everybody’s a critic.

Then they realize that the jellyfish came to life. They also realize that the pencil is magic. They draw multiple things,like a mustache for Patrick and...Squidward. They also prank Squidward with a dollar tied to a rope,and then SpongeBob draws himself in attempt to prank Squid again.

Patrick: He’s going to the door.
(DoodleBob knocks)
SpongeBob: He’s knocking on the door! An’ Squidward’s answering the door! Aaand…
(DoodleBob grabs Squidward, turns him upside down, and proceeds to bash his head on the ground, repeatedly.)
Squidward: Ooh! Ow, ow! Ow, ow-ow-ow!
Patrick: He’s beating up Squidward! Ha ha ha!

DoodleBob runs off,leaving SpongeBob and Patrick searching for him. Then they see a poorly drawn pineapple,jump into a bush,and walk slowly toawrds it. DoodleBob gets out of the pineapple and draws a hole in the ground. Spongebob and Patrick fall in it. They try getting out of it...

(DoodleBob draws a bowling ball on a rock. He picks it up and bowls it toward them, hitting Patrick who now looks like a bowling pin. When it hits him, we see a bunch of pink bowling pins fly in the air, then fall into the hole. A red “X” appears in the upper right corner of the screen, signifying a strike. Then the bowling ball falls into the hole, and another red “X” appears next to the first one.)
SpongeBob: You ok, Patrick?
Patrick: (off camera) Finland!

...and they succeed.

Patrick: Oh boy! A surprise party! Is it his birthday?
(Suddenly, DoodleBob bursts through the rock between SpongeBob and Patrick. He picks up SpongeBob.)
SpongeBob: Patrick, Patrick!! Do something!!!
Patrick: Happy birthday! (DoodleBob tosses SpongeBob off screen.) Here’s your present! (Patrick hands DoodleBob a rock, which DoodleBob slams on his head.) You’re welcome.

SpongeBob then grabs the pencil,and starts erasing DoodleBob. Unfortunately,SpongeBob forgot to erase DoodleBob's arm. At night,his arm sneaks into SpongeBob's house,steals the pencil,redraws himself and fights SpongeBob.

(DoodleBob frantically erases all over SpongeBob, leaving him only one arm, leg, and eye, and half a body. DoodleBob laughs at him.)
SpongeBob: Very funny, Doodle. Now it’s my turn! (SpongeBob grabs for the pencil, they struggle with it, it finally breaks in half, SpongeBob getting the top half. He redraws himself.) Well, Doodle, it looks like this…is a draw! (points the pencil at DoodleBob, DoodleBob sharpens his half in his mouth) You’ve made your point. No matter. I was voted most artistic in high school. (accidentally flicks his pencil out the window)
Squidward: (off camera) Ouch!! SpongeBob, you’re gonna pay for that!

SpongeBob accidentally bumps into a bookshelf and sheets of paper fall from it. DoodleBob accidentally steps on it,and he gets stuck. SpongeBob then traps him in an empty book,where he becomes a drawing.

SpongeBob: Take a look for yourself, Patrick. (points at paper)
Patrick: It’s the evil doodle!
SpongeBob: No, no…not evil. He was just a two-dimensional creature lost in our three-dimensional, aquatic world. Longing for a purpose.
Patrick: So…he’s a drawing?
SpongeBob: Exactly! See how happy he is?
Patrick: He still looks kinda creepy.

SpongeBob and Patrick then send the pencil back on land,where the artist grabs it. Sadly,the tip breaks and he screams. Then,the episode ends.

In conclusion this is...a funny episode. It was also pretty creative. DoodleBob was also funny.

Favorite part:
SpongeBob: There he is.
Patrick: He’s hideous. He makes me sick just lookin’ at ‘im. Those big, bulgy eyes. That square body. (SpongeBob is looking at Patrick weirdly as he talks.) Those two buck teeth… and that stupid tie!
SpongeBob: (clearing his throat) Uh…hem.
Patrick: (blushing) Oh, but it looks good on you, SpongeBob! Eh, heh heh.

More

VIP
The episode was just phenomenal. It's my favorite episode of Season 2.

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
48b.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=WYNwUD3S51dtLBvqHjR9Z23yrxBx7yOGT730utWHubM%3D

Rock-a-Bye Bivalve

This episode was rather controversial. But unlike SpongeBob You're Fired,which was atrocious,this episode is amazing.

It begins with SpongeBob going outside to get the newspaper. Gary follows him. He gives him the newspaper,while he takes the rubber band. Then,he bumps into Patrick,and he also has the rubber band.

Patrick: Yep, see you later. (both walk off but then hear a chirping noise then they both run back)
Spongebob & Patrick: What did you say?
Patrick: Well I didn't say anything.
Spongebob: I didn't say anything, either.
Spongebob & Patrick: See you later then. (both walk off again and the chirping noise is heard again so both run back)
Spongebob: Alright, quit messing with me, I know you said something.

There's some sort of grass in the ground and they see a baby scallop in it. Spongebob and Patrick decide to take care of him,and then they go into Spongebob's house. They call him Junior,and then they realize that he's hungry. SpongeBob tries giving him a Krabby Patty,but he won't eat it.

Spongebob: (holds up an apple) All we have left is this apple! (a worm pokes its head out of the apple)
Worm: Hello sea creatures! I bring you greetings from Apple World! (Junior jumps in the air in excitement)
Spongebob: Of course, scallops love worms! (picks up the worm)
Worm: Huh, wait! We will bury you! (drops it in Junior's mouth)

After eating the worm,Junior starts crying,and then Patrick realizes that he must change his diaper. He does so,and then they agree that they should raise it until it can fly.

Patrick: Yeah! At least until it's old enough to be on its own! Oh, I wanna be the mom!
Spongebob: I don't think you can be the mom, Patrick, because you never wear a shirt.
Patrick: You're right. If I was a mom, this would be kind of shocking. (scene zooms out to show Patrick fat and hairy) Just call me daddy!

They continue raising Junior,taking him for a walk in the park,riding a bike with him,giving him ice cream,etc. They go to sleep,and in the morning,Patrick has breakfast (he eats a lot of food),and he goes to work. He tells SpongeBob that he will take care of the baby stuff when he gets home. Later,he finally arrives home.

Patrick: (laughs) That guy got hit in the head with a coconut!
Spongebob: (walks in still doing the chores) Patrick, what about my break?
Patrick: Oh yeah, your break. Uh, tomorrow, I promise.

The same thing happens tomorrow,and the next day,and the next day,and the next day,and the next day... Eventually,SpongeBob gets mad at Patrick and scolds him.

Patrick: He's only this big. How many diapers could he possibly use?
Spongebob: (opens up a garbage can full of diapers) Hmmm?
Patrick: Oh, that's not that much.
Spongebob: (points over to the corner of the room where there are two bags and a trash can full of diapers) Hmmm?
Patrick: So?
Spongebob: (opens up the refridgerator, full of diapers) Hmmm? (pulls the cover off the couch, revealing it to be diapers) Hmmm? (tears the wallpaper off the wall, revealing a bunch of diapers behind it) Hmmm? (points outside to a garbage truck loading a bunch of diapers into the dumpster. Patrick quivers at the sight of it)

Patrick gets sad by looking at the diapers,and promises that he will no longer be lazy,and he will take care of the baby. The next day,Patrick says he will be home at 6 o' clock,but instead he gets home at midnight. SpongeBob obviously gets angry,but Patrick doesn't mind that and he goes back to "work".

Spongebob: Work? (rips off his mother-like clothing and opens Patrick's rock. Patrick is watching TV)
Patrick: He got hit in the head with two coconuts!
Spongebob: So, this is work?
Patrick: You know, it's not as easy as it looks. Sometimes I gotta move the antenna, sometimes I lose the remote, and sometimes my butt itches real bad.

They argue for a while,until they hear Junior chirping. It is revealed that he's about to jump off the SpongeBob's window. They get scared and go save him. Sadly,they don't catch him,and Junior,instead of falling,flies. He leaves Spongebob and Patrick and flies away. The episode ends shortly afterwards.

In conclusion,this episode may have been controversial,but it was really hilarious.

Favorite part:
Spongebob: Oh, you poor poor thing. By the way, you forgot your briefcase! (opens up the briefcase over Patrick's head and ice cream and donuts fall out)
Patrick: Oh, so this is the thanks I get for working overtime.
Spongebob: (yells) Overtime?!

Hint for #47a:"You have to know when to say 'no'"
#47b:"Hey, Spongebob, long time no see. What've you been up to? How was your weekend?" (if it helps,they're both post-movie.)

Back