Garfield and friends season 1 reviewed in 1000 words or less

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
I am going to review season 1 of Garfield and friends. And I know someone else is done it ( looking at you garf gab ) But I am going to do it with my thoughts about the episodes.

Last edited:

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
In case you didn't know, Garfield and friends is a Saturday morning cartoon that is based on the iconic comic made by Jim Davis that ran from 1988 to 1994 and had 7 seasons. There are 2 parts of this show: the Garfield part ( the more liked part ) and the friends part ( the less liked but they were considered to be better as the show goes on ). The Garfield part about Garfield, Jon, and Odie getting into shenanigans. Sometimes with Nermal, the cat that consideres himself cute, and the cat the Garfield hates, Liz, the veterinarian that jon dates the most in the comic, and some background characters. Now let's go to the friends part. The friends part is about another comic that was made by the creater of Garfield, called U.S. Acres, or Orson's Farm in outside of America. I'm going to call them U.S. Acres, because to me it sounds less generic then Orson's Farm. The U.S Acres part is about Orson and his friends ( Roy, Wade, Booker, Sheldon, who is a egg, Bo, and Lanolin ) which gets into shenanigans ( sometimes not since there's almost no story in these segments ) and, for a couple of seasons, taught lessons for the audience to learn. ( Fun Fact: U.S. Acres in this show was originally going to be it's own show ). The first time I saw a episode was some months ago. I think the episode I saw was the episode where Garfield, Jon, and Odie got stranded in the desert, and I
enjoyed that episode. In fact I enjoyed the majority of the episodes I watched, so let's see if I enjoyed season 1.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
Ok, So let's start with the Garfield Stuff, and then the U.S.Acers ( or Orson's Fram ).

Peace and Quite ( Season 1 episode 1a ) Fun Fact: The first episode ( When I mean that, I mean 22 minutes, 3 segments 1st episode, not the first segment of airing order ) was the 4th to be produce.

The Story: Binky interups Garfield from sleeping, so Garfield tries to get Binky out of the house. This story's main focus is Binky annoying Garfield, and it does this plot really Great, and even though I can see why people will be annoyed by Binky, he doesn't annoy me that much. I find this character good, but not my favorite. I have to admit, this episode can be really unfair to Garfield, and this episode could've done more with this plot. But otherwise that, the plot with get an Great.

The Characters: I will start with the main characters in this episode. Garfield doesn't do much but say a couple of lines, and tries to get Binky out of the house. His voice actor, Lorenzo Music, delivers the lines Greatly, so, Garfield is Good in this episode.
Binky is insane. But honestly a good insane, sorta like Ren from Ren and Stimpy. So he's also Great. Now I will cover the side characters. Jon Arbuckle is the worst character in here, but he's still good, and Odie is slightly better. The Characters will get a Good but close to Great.

The Animation: It's Good. Not as good as the intro that includes animation, but I like it. The Animation will get a Good.

So overall, I will give this episode.Meaning Good, but close to Great rating ( 54% Good, and 46% Great ). A Good introduction episode for this series, even though this wasn't the first one made in production.

Back