Games you feel are overrated!

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
Ever feel like a game that gets a lot of praise isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be?
I know I do! Share these games and your reasons why!

Personally, I think that Banjo-Kazooie isn't that fun. I think your movement speed is too slow and the worlds are a bit overly expansive.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Oh yeah, I've got a few!

Smash Bros. Brawl- The weakest of the Smash Bros. series to me. Far too slow paced, Subspace Emissary was a pain, Break The Targets was boring, and the Classic and All Star modes felt so gimped. It's a decent game still, but pathetic compared to all the other Smash games IMO.

Ocarina of Time- Oh yeah, I went there! It's a good game and all, but the best game of all time? Come on, that's a bit of an overexaggeration! Even in terms of the Zelda franchise itself, there are better Zelda games to me, such as Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild! Maybe I'm a bit biased towards this one since I've never really been a Zelda person, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see this game as one of the greatest of all time. It's just a well done and fun Zelda game.

GTA San Andreas-An awesome game, but I fail to see how its the best GTA. 5 and 4 (especially 5) had more engaging characters and compelling worlds IMO. It's an awesome game but calling it the best GTA seems too heavily rooted in nostalgia to me.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Both the original and Transformed)- the only game (or games) on this list that I actually dislike. They're not terrible by any means, but TBH they're little more than shameless Mario Kart knockoffs. They're certainly better than the riders games and Sonic R, but they're still not what I'd call good.

That's all I can think of for now.

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
SpongeNicko said:
Oh yeah, I've got a few!

Smash Bros. Brawl- The weakest of the Smash Bros. series to me. Far too slow paced, Subspace Emissary was a pain, Break The Targets was boring, and the Classic and All Star modes felt so gimped. It's a decent game still, but pathetic compared to all the other Smash games IMO.

Ocarina of Time- Oh yeah, I went there! It's a good game and all, but the best game of all time? Come on, that's a bit of an overexaggeration! Even in terms of the Zelda franchise itself, there are better Zelda games to me, such as Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild! Maybe I'm a bit biased towards this one since I've never really been a Zelda person, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see this game as one of the greatest of all time. It's just a well done and fun Zelda game.

GTA San Andreas-An awesome game, but I fail to see how its the best GTA. 5 and 4 (especially 5) had more engaging characters and compelling worlds IMO. It's an awesome game but calling it the best GTA seems too heavily rooted in nostalgia to me.

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Both the original and Transformed)- the only game (or games) on this list that I actually dislike. They're not terrible by any means, but TBH they're little more than shameless Mario Kart knockoffs. They're certainly better than the riders games and Sonic R, but they're still not what I'd call good.

That's all I can think of for now.
I can see where you're coming from, and I do agree with a few of your opinions.
As for San Andreas, I consider it the best 3D era title, whereas I would say Grand Theft Auto V is the best HD title.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
I can see where you're coming from, and I do agree with a few of your opinions.
As for San Andreas, I consider it the best 3D era title, whereas I would say Grand Theft Auto V is the best HD title.

GTA 5 is actually my 2nd favorite game of all time period. It was #1 for a long while up until Super Mario Odyssey came out and just completely dwarfed everything else I'd played.

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
SpongeNicko said:
GTA 5 is actually my 2nd favorite game of all time period. It was #1 for a long while up until Super Mario Odyssey came out and just completely dwarfed everything else I'd played.
Hey me too!

Klu

Moby Dollar
Anything by nintendo, tbh
I like this company and many games from it, but some of Nintendo games are literal sacred cows

Sonic. I understand why people like it, but I could just never get into it. The gameplay moves way too fast for my liking.

Also, a lot of those "casual" games like Candy Crush, which I enjoy for a while and then immediately get bored with afterwards.

I also agree with ssj. Most 1st person shooting games get a lot of praise, but I feel they are overvalued. I think there is more fun to have in games like 3D platformers.

Don't forget Sonic 1. It may have been the first, but man, is it a pain to play sometimes.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Roblox - I know it has it's fans, but I just can't get into it.

Paper Mario Sticker Star - It's good for people who don't know what Paper Mario used to be.

Sports Games - I tend to not like Football, Hockey, or Baseball Games too much.

Back