From Hero To Legend

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Here we are. The last chapter of the story. I hope you enjoy this, and thanks for the ride! :)

Chapter 15: From Hero To Legend
Sandy was still weeping, holding SpongeBob’s corpse closely. She held one of his hands and covered it on her heart with both hands, breathing heavily. Tears still rolled down her cheeks. She removed one arm from her heart and gently caressed his expressionless face. Sandy whispered, “I can’t help but think this is all my fault you’re gone, SpongeBob. I can’t live without you. I love you too much.” She leaned down and kissed his forehead, despite her air helmet being in the way. The kiss was shaky and full of pain and passion.

Everyone else was silent, looking down in sadness, some in tears. Mindy, however, was deep in thought. She said aloud, “Wait. SpongeBob is the Pure Spirit. He sacrificed himself for Sandy. Even though he’s dead, all he needs is his true love to revive him. The problem is that according to the True Love Scroll SpongeBob doesn’t have a true love, yet every sea creature is listed. Then he brought Sandy along for the journey, who’s a land critter, and the scroll doesn’t list land critters. And the way they confessed their love before the final fight and the way Sandy cried when he died must not be coincidence. If Sandy is a land critter, and the scroll only lists the names of all sea creatures, and since SpongeBob’s true love isn’t a sea creature, then…” Mindy gasped. She screamed, “SANDY! IT’S YOU!” Sandy looked up, confused, “Huh?”

Before Mindy could explain, SpongeBob’s corpse glowed and started floating. Sandy gasped and backed away. She stared, “SpongeBob?” As he was glowing, SpongeBob was transforming to his normal self. His wounds healed and his color reappeared. His chipped tooth became full again. The glow started fading and SpongeBob’s body lowered back to the ground and landed softly. Sandy knelt next to him, “SpongeBob?” SpongeBob’s eyes opened slowly. He shot up and looked around, “Huh? What happened to me?” Sandy cheered and hugged him, “SPONGEBOB! YOU’RE OKAY!” Upon hearing this, the others looked up quickly and to their surprise and delight, they spotted SpongeBob, revived and okay. Instantly, they all cheered. Patrick and Mindy quickly ran up to the SpongeBob and Sandy. Mindy was the first to reach and hug them. Patrick grabbed the three into his arms and picked them up, and all started to laugh. Plankton screamed, “NOOOO! BUT I KILLED HIM!! HOW IS HE ALIVE?!”

After Patrick put them down, Sandy asked SpongeBob, “What happened to you? How are you alive again?” SpongeBob answered, “Wait. I’m the Pure Spirit! That explains everything!” Patrick and Sandy were confused. Sandy asked, “The pure what?” Mindy explained, “I forgot to tell you guys back in the dungeon. Ever since he came back from Shell City, I found out that SpongeBob has a gift. He is a Pure Spirit, amongst the purest and happiest people in the world. Only a select few in the world have this gift. SpongeBob can conjure anything against all odds in order to save the lives of others.” Sandy took it all in. She asked, “Then how do I have something to do with this?” Mindy continued, “I was just getting there. See, when a Pure Spirit sacrifices their life for another, then only his or her true love can revive him through romantic affection. That explains how SpongeBob survived the building collapsing on top of him. You revived him through affection without realizing it.” Sandy gasped, “Wait, so I revived him? That means I’m his…” Sandy stopped and turned to SpongeBob. She beamed and pulled him into a big hug, laughing with joy. She couldn’t believe it. She was SpongeBob’s true love! She loved the thought, and made her love SpongeBob more. SpongeBob laughed and hugged back. He was delighted at the fact that he did have a true love, and he was even happier that his true love was Sandy all along.

Neptune swam to the group, smiling. He said, “I would like to thank you all for helping me restore my throne!” He turned to SpongeBob, “Especially you, SpongeBob.” SpongeBob said, “But I didn’t do anything.” Neptune laughed, “Of course you did! You never gave up, no matter how much the odds were against you. You also motivated us to fight for our freedom and confront Plankton despite how outnumbered we were. You thought of all of us before yourself. You also appear to have found true love on the way too.” SpongeBob glanced at Sandy, and both blushed and smiled sweetly at each other. Neptune continued, “Your determination is what saved us the most, SpongeBob, and because of that, I thank you! I am forever in your debt!” He bowed. Everyone else in the room bowed to SpongeBob as well.

SpongeBob smiled, flattered at the bowing. Neptune got up and announced, “SpongeBob Squarepants and Sandra Cheeks, for your efforts and actions that helped save us all, I announce the both of you as official legends of the sea! Would you both like to be my personal knights in shining armor and my personal protectors?” Everybody cheered. SpongeBob and Sandy glanced at each other and sighed. SpongeBob answered, “I’m flattered by the offer, but Sandy and I just want to go back to Bikini Bottom and return everything to the way things used to be before Plankton destroyed everything.” Neptune understood, “Very well. You can go back to your normal lives, but I will send Mindy here to call you if I ever need serious help.” SpongeBob and Sandy both nodded. SpongeBob stepped forward, “Everyone, no life changing journey is ever complete without learning some important life lesson. Through this whole thing, I learned that even when the odds are against me, I should never give up hope. As long as the people that love me have my back, I’ll be okay.” He turned to Patrick, Squidward, Mindy and Mr. Krabs, who all smiled at him.

SpongeBob finally turned to Sandy, who smiled widely. He his hands with hers and said, “I also learned that love overcomes all obstacles. Sandy, before this journey, I was afraid that we wouldn’t be friends anymore, and I used this journey as a chance for us to be best friends again, but I realized that we ended the journey not as friends, but true loves. Thank you for helping me on this journey, Sandy. I couldn’t have done any of this without you, especially since you revived me twice.” Sandy smiled, “I thought the same thing, SpongeBob. Before the journey started, I thought ya’ll would hate me for kicking you out all those times, but since the first night, I realized that you would never hate me. I’ve always loved you, SpongeBob, but I was just too afraid and skeptical to say it. I don’t have to worry about that anymore, because I know it’s true that we are meant to be.” SpongeBob finished, “And now we’ll be together forever.” Tears appeared on both of their eyes as they looked at each other, love filling the air around them. They pulled into a big hug. Sandy believed that this wasn’t enough for her, so she separated from the hug, to SpongeBob’s surprise. She took a deep breath and took off her air helmet. SpongeBob took the hint and wrapped his arms around Sandy as he leaned in and closed his eyes. Sandy leaned in and the two fell into a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered for the two newfound lovers.

Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs came up to SpongeBob and Sandy. Squidward was the first to speak, “You actually pulled through again, Squarepants. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I owe you big time. We would all be Plankton’s slaves if it weren’t for you and Sandy.” SpongeBob smiled. Mr. Krabs walked up, “Lad, I never doubted you for a second. Ever since Shell City, I knew that you’d break through! I knew I could trust you, boy!” SpongeBob smiled, “Thanks, Mr. Krabs.” Patrick then spoke, “You did it, buddy! You saved the world and won the game!” SpongeBob laughed as Patrick picked him up in a big bear hug. SpongeBob then started to suffocate due to Patrick’s strength, “Pa-Patrick! Put me down! I can’t… can’t breathe!” Patrick gasped and put him down. He apologized, “Sorry, buddy.” SpongeBob took a moment to regain his breathing pattern. Neptune swam in front of the group, “Come on, folks. Let’s get you all back to Bikini Bottom. But first…” He ignited his sceptre and aimed it at the large curtains at the edge of the room. He commanded, “Everyone out of the building!” SpongeBob and the group were among the first to leave the building. Everyone else ran as fast as they could to the immense double doors.

Moments later, everyone stood and stared as Planktopolis 2 burned to the ground from inside out. Neptune, SpongeBob, Sandy, and Mindy all turned around when they heard whimpering coming from behind. They spotted Plankton crying. Dennis, Manray, The Strangler, Karen, and Flats were all next to him, handcuffed and groaning in pain. Plankton groaned, “I was so close… I was SO CLOSE!” He started silently weeping again. Karen sighed, “I told you not to celebrate before it’s really over.” Plankton just kept weeping. Police boatmobiles and buses all arrived at the scene. Everyone cheered and entered the buses. The police arrested Plankton and his crew. Before being placed in a miniature cell, he growled and made a death glare at SpongeBob, Sandy, Mindy, and King Neptune, “YOU WILL ALL PAY! I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE! STARTING WITH YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS! YOU HEAR ME? I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!” Sandy sighed, “For someone so tiny, Plankton has a huge temper.” He was then carried away in the police boatmobile. SpongeBob nodded his head in agreement. One final bus arrived, and SpongeBob and the group entered it, except Neptune and Mindy who entered their seahorse-drawn carriage. They all headed off to Bikini Bottom to celebrate.

The bus ride took eighteen hours as compared to the three-day walk. Everyone was finally rested and ready to exit the bus. Everyone exited one by one. Squidward was the first, followed by Mr. Krabs, then Patrick. SpongeBob and Sandy still stood by their seats. SpongeBob looked outside the window, nervous. He gulped. Sandy helped him to the front of the bus and stopped before the door. Sandy asked, “You ready, SpongeBob?” SpongeBob held her hand and nodded. The bus doors opened. SpongeBob and Sandy shielded their eyes at the sun’s rays. They then heard chanting, “SpongeBob! SpongeBob! SpongeBob!” SpongeBob smiled widely, gripping Sandy’s hand tighter. SpongeBob stepped down the bus as all of the Bikini Bottomites cheered and chanted his name. The town was still in ruins, but all of the robots were gone. Gary, freed from the pound, was waiting next to the bus doors. SpongeBob, who spotted him, cheered, “GARY! You’re okay! Thank goodness!” He placed Gary on his head and took Sandy through the crowd.

Everyone in the town met up at Oyster Stadium to celebrate. SpongeBob received more thanks and made more autographs than he did after returning from Shell City. He told many of the folks that Sandy should also receive credit for saving the world. Sandy stood by his side, flattered at SpongeBob’s modesty. The party lasted all day. SpongeBob and Sandy left at around midnight after SpongeBob told Patrick to take Gary home for him. They stopped in front of Sandy’s treedome. Sandy placed her hands in SpongeBob’s and said, “Thanks for bringing me home, Spongebob.” SpongeBob smiled, “You’re welcome, Sandy.” Sandy then asked, “So do ya’ll want to stay overnight? I wanna keep my promise from the first night. We can see a movie or eat or something.” SpongeBob answered, “Sure! Let me just grab some stuff that might have survived.” Sandy nodded, “Okay! See ya in a bit!”

SpongeBob headed back to Conch street. He gasped at the sight. His and Squidward’s houses were both destroyed. He noticed Squidward crying at his front porch. SpongeBob wanted to comfort Squidward, but he was in a hurry for Sandy, so he continued on to what was left of his house. SpongeBob walked onto what was left and looked around for anything that was inside. He gasped again at the damage inside his home. He went up the stairs, which were mostly intact. His room was also mostly intact, except for some burn marks from fire, pictures fallen and the massive hole in the ground and ceiling. SpongeBob looked around for anything that he could take. He noticed something on the floor next to what was left of his bed. He picked it up and noticed the photo album of him and Sandy. He gasped as he opened the album and reminisced the good times again. He fought tears as he turned each page. He snapped out of it soon after and put the album in his pocket. He then remembered about Gary. He asked Patrick to take him home, but there was no sign of him. First, he checked Patrick’s rock, which was entirely intact. He knocked on the rock, which opened after the second knock. After the rock opened, SpongeBob saw Patrick sleeping on the couch watching the television. Gary was at his side, annoyed by the starfish’s loud snoring. Gary somehow jumped into SpongeBob’s arms happily. SpongeBob laughed. He said, “Oh, Gary! I missed that from you! Since our house is destroyed, you have to sleep here! I trust Patrick, Gary. I’m sleeping over at Sandy’s and I can’t have you sleep there because there’s no air in her dome.” Gary meowed sadly, but because he was intelligent for a pet, he understood. He put on earmuffs and slithered down next to Patrick’s couch. He made one last meow before hiding in his shell. SpongeBob said, “Goodnight Gary.” He closed the rock and ran back to Sandy’s treedome. Sandy spotted him from through her dome and promptly opened the door. SpongeBob, his air helmet already on, ran into her arms and panted. After he regained his breath, Sandy asked, “What took you so long? I almost fell asleep waiting.” SpongeBob apologized, “Sorry, Sandy. My house was destroyed, I had to talk to Gary, and some other stuff.” Sandy gasped when she heard SpongeBob’s house was destroyed, “Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that, SpongeBob! How long would you like to stay here?” SpongeBob replied, “I don’t know. I have to wait for Barg’N Mart to be repaired so I can buy a Pineapple Home in a Can again. It’s okay, though. As long as you’re here, I’ll be just fine.” Sandy smiled. She looked at the time on her tree. She sighed, “Three in the morning. Well, there goes our chance to do something tonight. Might as well sleep now.” SpongeBob followed Sandy as they went up her stairs. She opened the door to her bathroom and turned on the water in the tub. She asked, “Will you be comfortable sleeping in here?” SpongeBob answered, “Sure, Sandy.” He climbed in and removed his water helmet. He got into a comfortable position and relaxed. Sandy said, “Well, goodnight, SpongeBob.” SpongeBob smiled and responded, “Goodnight Sandy!” They did a short kiss. Sandy then turned off the bathroom lights. SpongeBob pulled his photo album back out and placed it next to the tub. He laid back down and closed his eyes. Before he knew it, SpongeBob fell into a deep sleep.

The next day involved SpongeBob helping Mr. Krabs repair both Krusty Krabs. During his lunch break, SpongeBob asked Sandy if she wanted to watch the sunset at Jellyfish Fields after work like they used to when they first became friends. She obviously said yes. Six o’clock came by quickly. SpongeBob checked his watch and gasped. He yelled to Mr. Krabs, “Sir, It’s six! I gotta go see Sandy!” Mr. Krabs laughed, “Okay, me boy. Off you go then! See you tomorrow!” SpongeBob waved and sprinted to Sandy’s treedome. When SpongeBob was out of sight, Mr. Krabs chuckled, “Ah! About the time the boy found love!”

SpongeBob knocked rapidly on Sandy’s door, excited for the sunset. Sandy, just as enthusiastic, opened her door. SpongeBob asked, “So Sandy, you ready to go?” Sandy smiled widely, “You bet!” They ran toward Jellyfish Fields and found a random cliff. When they reached it, they sat down at the edge of the cliff and panted. Moments later, the sun hit the horizon of the fields. It was a beautiful sight as the sky turned a tropical orange, peach, red, pink and purple, combined with the light teal blue that filled the rest of the undersea sky. The bright green grass and seaweeds and the dark purple rocks all glowed the sun’s color. SpongeBob and Sandy stared at the sight. They then stared at each other, smiling widely at each other. SpongeBob spoke, “Sandy, I missed this…. so much.” Sandy replied, “Me too, SpongeBob.” SpongeBob spoke again, “I can’t believe this whole thing is over. Thanks again Sandy for coming with me. You saved my life and you never gave up on me.” Sandy smiled, “Thanks, SpongeBob. I want to thank you for making my life down here so much better. What I said on the first night of our journey came straight from my heart. I really do love you, SpongeBob, always and forever.” She placed her hands in SpongeBob’s and smiled dearly. SpongeBob smiled back, “I love you too, Sandy.” Sandy placed her hands on her helmet and took a deep breath. She took it off and held SpongeBob’s hands again. They both stood up and started leaning in. Moments later, their lips met in a compassionate, loving kiss. After about thirty seconds, they separated from the kiss. Sandy put her helmet back on and sat back down. SpongeBob then wrapped his arm around Sandy’s body. Sandy wrapped hers around his body and laid her head on his shoulders and they both stared again at the beautiful sunset before them, looking forward to their futures together. No longer were they friends. Now they are forever more.

It was all over. Their worries, their doubts, their life-changing and dangerous journey, all the threats among them; they were all over. SpongeBob had changed for the better throughout this whole experience. No longer was he a kid or a town hero. He was now a legend of the sea. With Sandy by his side, SpongeBob knew he would be safe and happy, forever.

Ah! Nothing cheesier than true love, but since SpongeBob's technically a kids show, I have no regrets. Also, my apologies if the end was a bit generic. I'm not a romantic writer nor am I familiar with love stories. I honestly don't even like romantic stories. The description of the sunset was inspired by what I learned in my AP English class, since we're learning about the Romantic Era and their nature descriptions. I digress. Soo, I hope you guys enjoyed the story! BUT! I'm still making an epilogue! Stay tuned for that I suppose. :P Again, thanks for the ride! I hope to expand more of my ideas into stories, except more comical than romantic. I would also like to say that all chapters + prologue and epilogue will be posted free of errors in time.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
*Sigh* The final part of the story is here. The epilogue. The super long epilogue. Enjoy!

Epilogue

SpongeBob and Sandy saw each other every single day since they returned. After work, they always hung out with each other. They dated, watched movies, played karate, and even jellyfished together. They also performed extreme stunts, but none too dangerous to severely injure SpongeBob for Sandy’s sake. SpongeBob and Patrick hung out during the day. They even convinced Sandy and Squidward to join in, though the former agreed right away and the latter took a few days to join. Squidward came to really respect SpongeBob, and even considered himself his friend, although SpongeBob can still get a bit annoying. He appreciated SpongeBob’s newfound maturity, especially since Sandy was around to control him. Mindy started visiting Bikini Bottom daily. She became SpongeBob’s new other best friend, replacing Sandy’s old spot. She hung out and played all of the games SpongeBob and his friends played. She really enjoyed her time, and Neptune was glad she was not a loner.

Bikini Bottom was slowly returning to normal, except for the memories of Plankton’s wrath. Fortunately, the nightmares ended after only a week or two, depending on the person. Squidward and Gary stopped after a week. Mrs. Puff and Larry stopped having nightmares after two weeks. Sandy, because she got brainwashed again, took a stressful month for the nightmares to end. The nightmares got so bad that she slept over and cuddled with SpongeBob to help her calm down.

It took six months for Bikini Bottom to rebuild and continue daily life. The Bikini Bottomites, though traumatized by both Plan Z and the Perfect Plan, returned to their daily routine. The two Krusty Krabs were both rebuilt and back in business after a month. SpongeBob hired both Patrick and Sandy as employees of the Krusty Krab 2, that way so he could hang around with both of them without worrying about neglecting the other.

It was SpongeBob and Sandy’s seven month anniversary as a couple. SpongeBob was at work, and Sandy was in her treedome, working on a special surprise experiment. She was racing time since SpongeBob would come over after work at six. She mixed two last chemicals and flipped a switch. It formed an explosion. Sandy waved off all the smoke, coughing and wheezing. She looked in her watch glass and saw the result. There were two glowing blue pills. She stared at it in awe, then checked the time. It was three in the afternoon. She sighed with relief. She had enough time to test the pill. Sandy pulled out a cage and took out the lab mouse, which was somehow conveniently not personified. She fed it the pill and dunked it in a water helmet. She waited for two hours hoping and praying that it worked and that it would be permanent. At five thirty, she rechecked the mouse, who was still scurrying about inside the water helmet. It did not make any air bubbles nor did it struggle to escape for fresh air. Sandy beamed and cheered, “I DID IT! I DID IT! I MADE SOMETHING THAT LETS ME BREATHE WATER!” She panted as a single tear slid down her cheek. She grabbed the other pill and promptly swallowed it. She felt jolts of pain from in her chest. She panted and fell to the ground. After about a minute, the pain stopped. Sandy noticed that she could still breathe air. She removed the mouse and picked up the water helmet. She took a deep breath of air before putting the water helmet on. After putting the helmet on, Sandy exhaled, and realized she was breathing water! She gasped. She really did it. After toiling day in and day out on an experiment so difficult and unlikely, she finally pulled through. She proved nature wrong and was able to breathe both air and water. What excited her the most was that she could be with SpongeBob without an air suit or helmet being in the way. She removed the water helmet, wanting to fully surprise SpongeBob with her new ability.

Sandy heard a knock on her door. She checked the time. It was six. She sprinted towards the door and opened it to reveal a grinning SpongeBob. He asked, “Hey, Sandy! You ready for the picnic?” Sandy answered, “Sure, SpongeBob! I’d love to!” Sandy ran to her door without her suit, which confused and concerned SpongeBob, “Uh, Sandy? Your suit! You might suffocate without it!” Sandy held in a laugh, “Don’t be silly! I have a surprise for ya’ll.” She exited the treedome and looked through the dome window, straight at SpongeBob. SpongeBob gasped. Sandy was breathing water! SpongeBob ran towards Sandy, shocked and delighted. Sandy beamed at her boyfriend. She said, “Now to do the first thing on my list when I start breathing water.” She pulled SpongeBob into a deep kiss. Now that Sandy could breathe water, she no longer had to worry about holding her breath to kiss SpongeBob. After about a minute, she separated from the kiss, leaving SpongeBob dazed and staring dreamily at his girlfriend, “W-Wow Sandy! You breathing water is the best thing that ever happened between us!” Sandy giggled, “Now, where’s your surprise?” SpongeBob snapped out of his daze and pulled a blindfold out of his pocket and wrapped it around Sandy’s eyes. She laughed at this because she knew how much SpongeBob loved surprising her. SpongeBob started gently pushing her to their destination. Sandy heard kids playing around on a playground, boatmobiles driving by, people saying congratulations and thanks to both of them, and SpongeBob’s giggles from behind.

After about ten minutes of walking, SpongeBob stopped Sandy, “We’re here!” He removed Sandy’s blindfold and asked, “Do you recognize this place?” Sandy looked around. They were surrounded by large formations of purple rocks. Sandy shrugged, “I’m not sure.” SpongeBob giggled again, “I’ll give you a hint.” He started running toward a sloped and curved long rock formation. He started running along the rock and yelled, “I’M SPONGEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!” He made a few backflips before landing on one of his corners. He laughed aloud as he landed. Sandy gasped, “Now I remember! This is where we first met!” SpongeBob stopped laughing and said, “Correct m’lady! Now let’s get this picnic ready!” Sandy nodded and helped him organize the picnic. Little did she know that SpongeBob had another surprise for her. He brought her and the picnic to the site where the two first met for a reason.

SpongeBob and Sandy ate quietly. SpongeBob waited for the perfect time to ask Sandy the most important question of both of their lives. Sandy was thinking of a way to tell her bosses and family about her breakthrough. She was also glad that she invented her water-breathing pill on the day of their picnic. She liked eating underwater without that clunky suit getting in the way. She also looked at SpongeBob and noticed that he was also deep in thought. Sandy wondered what he was thinking. SpongeBob glanced at Sandy as he finished all of his food. He stood up and walked towards a nearby hill so they could see the sun set. Sandy stared as SpongeBob walked away from her. Concern grew inside her as she stood up and followed him, disregarding what remained of the picnic. SpongeBob sat at the edge of the hill, staring at the sunset. He heard Sandy walking towards him. She sat down next to him and asked, “Why’d ya’ll leave, SpongeBob?” SpongeBob answered, “Because I wanted to tell you something and I needed some space to think.”

He stood up and sighed. Sandy stood up as well and looked at him concerned. SpongeBob looked back at her and thought, It’s time. Be ready, SpongeBob. There’s no backing out now! He was more nervous than he ever was before in his life. He rehearsed it the night before and the whole day at work. He shook the fear. He had to be a man this time. No screwing up. SpongeBob grabbed Sandy’s hands and said, “Sandy, ever since our journey seven months ago, you made me the happiest sponge alive. You’ve been my friend for years, and those years hold so dear to me, but now I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” SpongeBob kneeled and pulled a small black box out of his pocket. He opened it to reveal a golden ring with a glistening pearl as the gem. Taking the hint, Sandy gasped, covering her mouth with both of her hands and tears of joy escaping her eyes. Smiling, SpongeBob asked, “Sandy Cheeks, will you marry me, and make me the happiest sponge ever?” Sandy screamed, “YES! YES, SPONGEBOB! YES!” She flew into his arms in a loving hug. She started sobbing happily. SpongeBob couldn’t help but let some tears escape his eyes as well. Sandy slightly let go of the hug to smile widely at her new fiancé. She leaned in and kissed SpongeBob passionately as they glowed with the setting sun. This was the best day of both of their lives.

The wedding ceremony would take place two weeks later at the royal palace. Mindy and Neptune both easily agreed to let their palace be the location where their two legends of the sea could get married. Mindy cheered at the news and couldn’t help but tear up at the thought of the true loves being so happy. Patrick and Squidward were chosen to be the best men, while Gary became ring bearer. Mr. Krabs was in charge with catering the wedding guests with Krabby Patties. During the two-week preparation, Sandy messaged her family back at Texas about both her scientific breakthrough and her marriage. She hoped that her parents approved SpongeBob, especially at how trustworthy and friendly he was. SpongeBob also notified his family, who still never met Sandy.

One week passed. Sandy was honorably retired from Treedome Enterprises after her breakthrough. She never had to invent nor worry about moving out of Bikini Bottom ever again. Her and SpongeBob’s parents all met in front of SpongeBob’s pineapple. The meeting and introductions were awkward and full of tension. After realizing how happy SpongeBob and Sandy were together, that is, holding each other crying as their parents yelled at each other, all of the parents finally gave in and consented for the marriage to happen, which greatly relieved SpongeBob and Sandy.

The next week passed, and the royal palace was decorated a heavenly white full of cardigans and vines designed and decorated by Squidward and financed by Mr. Krabs, who was reluctant at first but did it for SpongeBob’s happiness. The ceremony began at noon. Almost all of Bikini Bottom was there, including the families of both SpongeBob and Sandy. SpongeBob walked down the hall, holding Sandy’s mother, who smiled at him. She was the only parent that did want SpongeBob and Sandy together during the parental meetup. She escorted SpongeBob to the front. He glanced at Patrick and Squidward. Squidward smiled slightly back while Patrick was staring at Mindy again. SpongeBob held back a laugh at Patrick then stared at the doors, waiting for the bride.

Sandy was getting prepared, with Mrs. Puff and Pearl pampering her. Pearl was slightly disheartened that SpongeBob, who she considered a final reserve, was getting married, but she realized how happy SpongeBob was with Sandy. Mrs. Puff was delighted to help because Sandy helped SpongeBob finally get his driver’s license. Sandy sighed happily, “I can’t believe I’m getting married to SpongeBob! I thought this would never happen!” Pearl smiled, “Well, you know what they say, Sandy, love always finds a way.” They stopped their discussion when they heard the music.

The ceremony began. Sandy took a deep breath. This was it. The moment she had been looking forward to. The doors opened and Sandy slowly walked down the hall. Everyone stared and smiled as she passed by. SpongeBob smiled widely at his beloved as she stopped next to him. The priest, conveniently the same one that was at the fake play wedding, began. SpongeBob whispered, “You look beautiful, Sandy.” Sandy glanced at her lover. She smiled and whispered back, “Ya’ll look handsome as well, Spongy.” The priest continued his speeches as SpongeBob and Sandy looked at each other, smiles permanently printed on their faces.

About twenty minutes passed as the priest started finishing the ceremony. He turned to SpongeBob, “SpongeBob, do you take Sandy as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Do you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” SpongeBob answered, “I do.” Sandy started tearing up. The priest turned to Sandy, “Sandy, do you take SpongeBob as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Do you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” Sandy, her voice breaking, said, “I do.” The priest finished, “Then with the power invested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” SpongeBob and Sandy stared at each other smiling, tears going down their cheeks. They leaned in slowly and fell into the most loving kiss of their lives. Everybody in the room cheered. Yee-haws and applaudes were heard throughout the hall. SpongeBob and Sandy held hands and looked at the cheering crowd. They started walking down the hall, hand in hand. At the front of the palace was Mindy and her sea-horse drawn carriage. SpongeBob helped Sandy up to the carriage before entering. Mindy whipped the sea-horses, causing them to neigh then galloped to Marlin Marina, where they would spend their honeymoon. SpongeBob kept his promise to take Sandy there on the third day of their journey. There, they enjoyed the sun and the breathtaking view of Seaweed Sea.

Eleven more months passed. It was the middle of October. Ever since their marriage, Sandy fell in and out of depression. SpongeBob couldn’t help but feel that he was to blame, except he didn’t know what he did wrong. They were happily married, so Sandy shouldn’t be sad at all. He couldn’t stand the thought of Sandy leaving him. One night, when he noticed Sandy crying, SpongeBob lost it. He apologized, “Sandy, I’m so sorry for whatever I did! Please don’t leave me! I can’t stand seeing you so sad!” Sandy looked up, tears rolling down her eyes, “It’s not you, SpongeBob. It’s just that, other than marriage, the only other thing I’ve ever wanted in life was to be a mother. The problem with that is that you and I can’t have kids without making them mutants, and I don’t mean that in a mean way. It’s just that I don’t want my kids to be made fun of at school for looking different, just like you and I were. I don’t blame ya’ll for this. It’s just that I want to be a mother is all, and us squirrels are known to love kids.” SpongeBob understood and hugged his wife.

That night, after Sandy fell asleep, SpongeBob was thinking of a way to make Sandy happy. Sandy’s birthday was in three weeks on November 8. He had the greatest idea of what to give Sandy for her birthday. He decided to adopt a kid for her.

The next week, SpongeBob convinced Mr. Krabs to spread the Krusty Krab brand worldwide starting with the United States. He told Sandy that he was going on a two week business trip to spread the Krusty Krab around the United States. He kissed Sandy goodbye and went on his bus to California. He made it to Texas in a week. He successfully made a deal of a small chain of Krusty Krab restaurants around the Los Angeles and San Diego counties. SpongeBob smirked as he remembered his real point of being on land. He stopped by Houston, Sandy’s hometown. He read the address one more time, and confirmed that he found his destination, a large oak tree about three times the length of Sandy’s treedome. He knocked on the wooden door. Sandy’s mother answered, “SpongeBob? Whatcha doin’ here?” SpongeBob replied, “Mrs. Cheeks, ma’am, I need your help. Sandy’s depressed because we can’t have kids. I’m here to adopt a baby squirrel as a birthday gift for her.” Mrs. Cheeks smiled, “Follow me.” She motioned SpongeBob to her car. As they left, Mrs. Cheeks said, “Ya’ll came to the right place, SpongeBob. Us squirrels love to adopt orphaned and abandoned babies. And I’m the one who taught Sandy that. I remember she was so excited to have her own children before leaving for Bikini Bottom. That was one of the things she loved to talk about with me.” SpongeBob smiled. He never knew this side of Sandy.

SpongeBob and Mrs. Cheeks arrived at the adoption center. Sandy’s mother looked and saw a baby squirrel that looked a lot like Sandy except with slightly darker skin. The squirrel behind the counter smiled, “This is little Sienna. She’s only nine months old and she’s probably the happiest little thing in this entire building. She rarely cries at all!” Mrs. Cheeks commented, “She looks like Sandy when she was a baby. SpongeBob, come here! What do ya’ll think?” SpongeBob stared at Sienna. She was smiling graciously and yawned cutely. His eyes dilated as he said, “She’s beautiful! She DOES look like Sandy!” Mrs. Cheeks said, “We’ll take her!” SpongeBob then signed the paperwork and thanked Mrs. Cheeks before leaving back for Bikini Bottom. As he departed, Mrs. Cheeks shouted, “Bye! And good luck with little Sienna!”

On the bus ride back, SpongeBob held Sienna close in his arms. She squeaked as she tried to feel SpongeBob’s face. SpongeBob laughed. The bus driver announced that they were about to hit water. SpongeBob pulled out a miniature water helmet and placed it on Sienna’s head. Sienna giggled adorably as a response. SpongeBob then had another idea. He was a sponge! Why not make a sponge as an offspring? He grunted as he formed a baby sponge that came out of one of his pores. The baby sponge started crying silently as SpongeBob smiled and wrapped him into a spare blanket. He whispered, “I’m gonna name you Junior, short for SpongeBob Junior.” Junior calmed down and fell asleep next to Sienna, who hugged her new little brother. SpongeBob awwed at the sight as the bus driver stopped at Bikini Bottom.

SpongeBob exited the bus and decided to hide the babies next to the door as a surprise. He took out his handheld calendar and noticed that he promptly arrived on Sandy’s birthday. He unlocked the door to notice Sandy watching a romantic movie with tears in her eyes. He greeted, “Happy birthday Sandy!” Sandy turned around and yelled, “Spongy, you’re home, and ya’ll remembered my birthday! Thanks so much, sweety!” She ran into SpongeBob’s arms in a tight hug. She pecked him on the lips and turned to the kitchen. SpongeBob called, “Sandy, I still have a surprise for you!” Sandy turned around and asked, “Well, what and where is it?” SpongeBob smiled and walked out of the door saying, “Sandy, I say right now with no exaggeration that this will be the greatest and most important birthday gift you will ever have in your life.” Struggling to hold back her excitement, Sandy asked, “Well, what is it?!” SpongeBob held the door open with his leg as he picked Sienna and Junior up and carried them into his house, “Surprise, Sandy!” Sandy gasped. Could her eyes deceive her? Could it be? She asked, “Sp-SpongeBob? D-did ya…” She couldn’t speak. SpongeBob said, “Yep, on my little business trip to land, I stopped by Texas and visited your mother to ask her what the perfect gift for my perfect lady should be. She mentioned that squirrels love adopting kids, so I decided to adopt one. We chose one that looks a lot like you! Her name’s Sienna and she’s only nine months old. The other kid is a sponge I budded on my way back here. He’s SpongeBob Jr., or just Junior for short. What do you think, Sandy?” Sandy was still speechless.

SpongeBob handed Sienna and Junior to his wife. Junior was still asleep, but Sienna smiled brightly at her new mother and made a quiet and extremely cute squeak. Tears formed in Sandy’s eyes as she stared happily at her two new kids. She whispered, “Spongy, this is the best thing ya’ll ever did to me. I love you so much!” She hugged Sienna and Junior as she started crying silently. Seeing his wife cry tears of joy at her new cute children made SpongeBob tear up as well. He wrapped an arm around Sandy and kissed her on the lips. He said, “Now we CAN be a family. We get to finally be parents, Sandy.” Sandy nodded as more tears escaped her eyes.

SpongeBob bought a crib that same day for Sienna and Junior to sleep in together. SpongeBob climbed in his bed with Sandy, who still had tears in her eyes. She whispered, “I can’t believe I’m a mother now! And it’s all thanks to you, SpongeBob! I love you with all my heart.” SpongeBob smiled, “I just wanted to see you happy, Sandy. I love you too.” They kissed on the lips passionately. They found a way to be blessed with parenthood, and they were both happy and excited for the future that was ahead of them. All was well, and new adventures awaited, and they looked forward to it.

That is that, everyone! From Hero To Legend is officially over! Some notes: I totally copy/pasted the wedding speech. I also made the ending a bit cheesy to open up a possible spin-off. Also, I named the baby squirrel Sienna because of her fur color, and the fact that I'd like to name my daughter Sienna.Thanks go to everyone who enjoyed the ride along with me! Thoughts on the story as a whole? Is there anything I have to improve? Are the characters in character? Did you enjoy the story? I will answer (and like :P) all questions regarding the story. I'll be heading back to mine and Brick's episode ideas topic to scavenge more of my ideas to evolve into a story. Well, until next time! :)

More

VIP
I loved that ending to an already great story. I'm not sure if I like Sandy's new ability, or the name for Spongebob Jr. (Remember Rock-a-bye- Bivalve?) But other than that, it's great. If the second movie will be any better than this I would actually be surprised!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
More_Spongebob said:
I loved that ending to an already great story. I'm not sure if I like Sandy's new ability, or the name for Spongebob Jr. (Remember Rock-a-bye- Bivalve?) But other than that, it's great. If the second movie will be any better than this I would actually be surprised!
It was late, so I couldn't think of names. I like SpongeBob calling his son Junior though.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
The Strangler said:
Incredible story. I've been into writing fanfics recently and none of mine are as good as your story. I hope to see more stories from you. Even though I don't support the idea of spandy, I love your story and you made me appreciate it. Good job!
Thanks! I got good potential ideas for stories. Also, about Spandy, them actually being together is exclusive to this one idea. All my other ideas will be more on their dynamic as friends than as a romantic couple. I only put them together in this story because this is my ideal finale for the show, and it kinda works.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
I dunno if this works. Disregard the name in the URL please. :P

Good story, still waiting for the PDF when you can

file:///C:/Users/NatetheNoLife/Desktop/SBFromHeroToLegendFullStory.pdf

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Quick late note. If any of you guys noticed, my dialogue needs improvement when it comes to SpongeBob and anyone else other than Sandy. Notice how I can pull off full-on conversations between SpongeBob and Sandy, but in the beginning I gave Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs only one sentence at a time. Take Ch. 4 for example. Squidward's conversation with SpongeBob while eating was quick and awkward, yet look at the conversation between SpongeBob and Sandy in Ch. 7. That was full-on and continuous. Maybe some tips would do for me to improve. I still have the Docs file for the story so there's room for me to add more.

Gary Look Doubloons!

Magister Slayer
That One Random Boss said:
Quick late note. If any of you guys noticed, my dialogue needs improvement when it comes to SpongeBob and anyone else other than Sandy. Notice how I can pull off full-on conversations between SpongeBob and Sandy, but in the beginning I gave Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs only one sentence at a time. Take Ch. 4 for example. Squidward's conversation with SpongeBob while eating was quick and awkward, yet look at the conversation between SpongeBob and Sandy in Ch. 7. That was full-on and continuous. Maybe some tips would do for me to improve. I still have the Docs file for the story so there's room for me to add more.
agreed, the convo between Spongebob and Squidward was a little strange and really caught my attention. I looked it over for a bit, but after just moved on without really saying anything. That is one of the only things I noticed that needed improvement.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Okay how about this? I am typing at Vegas atm. On my way here, I had this crazy daydream. Thanks to that daydream, I feel like adding a few more chapters to the story. Remember how the journey is 3 days long? I want to extend it to 5. Trust me. I got more planned out than you think.

That One Random Boss said:
Okay how about this? I am typing at Vegas atm. On my way here, I had this crazy daydream. Thanks to that daydream, I feel like adding a few more chapters to the story. Remember how the journey is 3 days long? I want to extend it to 5. Trust me. I got more planned out than you think.
awesome, more to the story

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Also, let me ask, did I nail the characters? I think I did the best with Sandy. I diversified her traits quite well if I do say so myself.

Back