From Hero To Legend

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Ah. Chapter 6. One of the chapters I've been daydreaming and looking forward to finally getting here. Enjoy! Also, feel free to follow the topic to keep up with the story. :)

Chapter 6: A New Quest and a Confrontation

SpongeBob was still huddled in his office in what was left of the Krusty Krab 2. He was thinking about who to turn to and what to do. The robots took Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs. The only one he can think of off the top of his head that had the potential to help him was Sandy, but he was still worried that she won't help him because she was too busy.

Shaking, he slowly walked towards the debris that was once the front doors. He looked around to see that Bikini Bottom was completely demolished. Buildings were burning everywhere, many toppled as well. Craters filled the ground and missile tails were sticking out of the ground. Destroyed robot parts were scattered on the ground. Bikini Bottomites were either trying to fight the robots or running away to cover or another town. Bikini Bottom looked like a warzone. SpongeBob was devastated. His lovely town, despite so many times he saved it before, had fallen to robots.

Suddenly, to his right, he heard the words, "Destroy SpongeBob." Two small robots with electric batons and a larger robot with a cannon for an arm were heading towards him. SpongeBob gasped and ran back inside. He ran into the kitchen and grabbed his trusty spatula. The robots burst into the kitchen door. SpongeBob took a fighting stance. He dodged a cannon blast and stabbed one of the small robots with his spatula through its power source. He kicked the other small robot and batted it away with his spatula. The small robot crashed into the wall and exploded on impact. SpongeBob turned to the large robot, its cannon pointed straight at him. SpongeBob yelled a battle cry and sprinted towards the robot. The robot fired its cannon. SpongeBob barely dodged it and flew at the robot with his spatula. He slashed the robot's head clean off, its body collapsing like a tree, and making a powering down noise. SpongeBob panted. He hadn't fought like that since the last time robots invaded Bikini Bottom. He decided to stay in his office in case any robots lurked nearby.

Mindy arrived on Conch Street. She hoped that SpongeBob was alright. She needed him now more than ever. She swam quickly to SpongeBob's pineapple, hoping he was in there scared but okay. She looked around for any robots. Mindy pounded on the door multiple times. To her surprise, it was not SpongeBob who answered the door, but Gary. Gary looked terrible. His eyes were red and puffy as if sleeping, crying or both. He had bags on his stalks as if he had no sleep the night before. Mindy gasped, "Gary? What happened to you? You look awful!" Gary meowed weakly and drowsily. "Where's SpongeBob?" Mindy asked Gary. Gary meowed his answer. Mindy gasped again and said, "He's at the Krusty Krab 2? Oh no! I hope he's alright. Come on, Gary." She picked up Gary and placed him on the carriage. She cracked her whips and quickly headed for the Krusty Krab 2.

Mindy arrived quickly and gasped at the sight of the two Krusty Krabs. Both were heavily damaged and robot remains were scattered. Mindy shook her head with disbelief and fear. She swam quickly toward the Krusty Krab 2, the less damaged and more likely of the two Krusty Krabs to have SpongeBob. She looked inside to see tables and barrels everywhere on the floor. The windows were mostly intact, except for the front door in which the windows were shattered. Mindy called, "SpongeBob?" SpongeBob heard her call. He was still scared to come out of the office. Mindy opened the kitchen door. The back door was open with robot remains from the three robots SpongeBob destroyed resting on the outside. Mindy then tried the office. She noticed the office door was locked. SpongeBob pulled his spatula out in case a robot was trying to break in. He tip-toed towards the office door. "SpongeBob? Are you in there?" Mindy shouted through the door. SpongeBob called back, "Mindy?" He put his spatula back in his back pocket and opened the office door to reveal Mindy.

Mindy looked at SpongeBob. He looked very fearful and worn out. He also had singe marks on his body from the explosions from the robots. Mindy hugged SpongeBob, "Oh, SpongeBob! Thank goodness you're still alive!" SpongeBob hugged back, "I thought I was the only one left in Bikini Bottom! What's going on? Why are you here?" Mindy frowned and said, "This is awful, SpongeBob. The robots aren't just in Bikini Bottom, but all over the ocean." She took out her shell computer and opened it. She said, "New Kelp City, Rock Bottom, Bass Vegas, Barnacle Bay, Kelp Forest, Trout Town, every town in the sea is under attack!" SpongeBob gasped, "What can we do?" Mindy shook her head, "I don't know, and that's not the worst part. My father is no longer king of the sea." SpongeBob gasped again and shook with fear, "If Neptune isn't king anymore, who is?" Mindy answered by showing him the scene in progress. It showed Plankton with the crown on his head. SpongeBob screamed, "PLANKTON?! HE'S KING OF THE SEA NOW?!" Mindy said, "Yes, and he is keeping my father, all the palace guards, Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs prisoner in his dungeon.He built a palace called Planktopolis 2 far from here. It's about a three day walk and it's located near a dormant volcano" She showed the prisoners, all frowning with almost no hope left in them that anyone can save them. Then she showed a metal castle with a large volcano in the background. SpongeBob shook his head, "I don't know what to do, Mindy. Plankton has my friends and robots are everywhere!" Mindy placed an arm on his shoulder. "I know, but I guess you don't have a choice. You have to go to Plankton's palace and restore my father's place as king. Is there anyone left that can help you?" SpongeBob thought for a second and nodded, "I have one friend, but I haven't seen her since I returned from Shell City. Can't you come and help us?" Mindy shook her head, "Unfortunately, I can't help. I barely escaped after the royal palace was taken over. I bet Plankton's after me right now. I'll stay here. I'll take care of Gary and evacuate whoever is left here." SpongeBob nodded meaning he understood. He thought to himself, 'Now I have to see Sandy. Hopefully she doesn't kick me out.' SpongeBob sighed and said, "Okay, I'm ready to beat Plankton, kinda." Mindy smiled and hugged SpongeBob, "Good luck, SpongeBob. Now it's not just Bikini Bottom, but the whole sea, and maybe even the world, needs you. You're our last hope." SpongeBob gulped at her words. Mindy left and cracked her whips, riding away with Gary sleeping on the carriage, leaving SpongeBob alone to take in everything he was just told.

SpongeBob stopped when he sighted Sandy's treedome. He sighed and thought aloud, "This is the first time I will be seeing her in so long. I'm not leaving until she agrees to come along.' He ran towards the treedome.

Sandy was working on her last experiment before her bosses finally give her a much needed break. She was exhausted and bored. She never stepped out of the treedome in over a month. When she heard knocks on her door, she growled. She said aloud, "What in tarnation? Who is visiting me now? Can't they see I'm busy finishing something?!" She flung open the door, inhaling so she can yell at the unwanted visitor to get out and tell them that she was busy. When she found out that SpongeBob, the one person she wanted to see the most, was the visitor, she sighed frustratingly. "What do you want SpongeBob? Can't you see I'm busy?" SpongeBob wanted to answer right away, but he noticed something different about Sandy. He just couldn't explain it. She didn't look different, but he sensed something different about her. He just couldn't stop looking at her. Sandy was getting more frustrated that SpongeBob hadn't answered her question. She shouted, "SPONGEBOB!" SpongeBob broke his trance and answered, "Sandy, I know you're busy, but I need you more than I ever have before." Sandy rolled her eyes, "You said that so many times before, SpongeBob. What makes you think I will believe you this time?" SpongeBob explained, "Sandy, the entire sea is in trouble! Robots are everywhere! Plankton is now the king of the sea! Bikini Bottom is destroyed! You're the last person that can help me!" Sandy sighed in disbelief. 'Is he THAT desperate to see me?' "SpongeBob," she said, "That is the craziest story I've ever heard from you. How do you expect me to believe all that? And even if it IS true, why don't you ask Patrick? Ya'll make quite the duo." SpongeBob shook his head and said, "The robots captured him. They captured Squidward and Mr. Krabs as well! They also took the Krabby Patty formula!" Sandy shook her head, still skeptical of SpongeBob's story. She said as calmly as she can, "SpongeBob, as much as I'd love to help, I'm busy. I promise, after this experiment, I can finally hang out with you. So can you please get out so I can finish?"

SpongeBob sighed. He had one more thing to say to her, maybe it can force her to join him on this journey whether she believed it or not. It was a long shot but he really did need her more than ever. "I was right. Maybe we aren't friends anymore." Sandy's ears flew up upon hearing this. 'Did he just say..' she thought. "SpongeBob," she said slowly, in total disbelief that someone as optimistic as SpongeBob actually said something so negative, "Did you just say what I thought you just said?" SpongeBob repeated, "I said maybe we aren't friends anymore." He tried to make it sound as convincing as possible, but deep down, he meant it truthfully. He realized that this was their chance to revive their friendship. He took the chance. He said, "Sandy, we.. haven't seen nor hung out with each other in months. Even after returning from Shell City, we rarely saw each other. Come with me. Please! This is our chance to be best friends again, and I can't survive this quest without you."

Sandy took everything in. On one hand she really wanted to finish this experiment. Her job depended on it. On the other hand, she really needed a break, and she knew SpongeBob was right. A journey like this can heal their friendship. She also believed that her friendship with SpongeBob was slowly fading away. Sandy looked at SpongeBob again. He was kneeling as if begging. A tear rolled down his cheek. Sandy sighed and said, "Okay, I'll go. You're lucky I readjusted my suit for long journeys and quests in case I ever had to." SpongeBob stood up and smiled widely. Sandy finally agreed to go on the journey. Sandy grabbed her suit. It looked the same as her usual suit. She showed him new designs she made. "This suit has a lot of what I need. I added five backup air helmets in case one breaks on the way, a flusher obviously to drain water out of my suit, and an extra compartment for souvenirs and acorns." Sandy then put on her suit, took out a remote control and pressed the button.

She exited the treedome. SpongeBob followed. Her rocket appeared from the ground. SpongeBob stared in awe. Sandy smirked, "I haven't used this in a while. Hop on, SpongeBob." Before either of them could enter, a laser beam hit the rocket, severely damaging it. Sandy growled and shouted, "My rocket! What in tarnation happened? Who's responsible for this?!" She and SpongeBob turned around and saw about a dozen robots, mostly small, running or rolling at them. Sandy gasped, turned to SpongeBob and quickly said, "Well, you weren't lying about the robots." She ran to the other side of her treedome and opened her garage revealing her car. Before she could climb in, a cannon blast blew the car up. Sandy yelled, "No! You varmints will pay!" Sandy sprinted angrily at the robots. She grabbed a robot and flung it away, resulting in a distant explosion to be seen. SpongeBob took out his spatula, bent it and tossed it like a boomerang, hitting three robots, slicing them up in different places but destroying them in the process. The spatula landed back in his hands. He unbent it and ran over to help Sandy. Sandy chopped clean through one robot and karate kicked another. She then chopped another robot's cannon arm off and fired at a small robot rolling at her. She then fired it back at the robot she chopped the arm from. SpongeBob swatted another robot that tried to attack Sandy from behind. One robot remained. It pointed its laser at SpongeBob, the primary target. Before it could fire, Sandy picked it up by its leg and slammed it to the ground, making it explode.

After all the robots were destroyed, SpongeBob and Sandy panted and looked at each other and lightly laughed. Despite the fact that that was the first time they met in so long, they still made a good team. Sandy regained her breathing pattern and sighed, "Looks like we're on foot, SpongeBob." SpongeBob nodded in agreement. Sandy then said, "How long is this journey gonna be and how far is Plankton's palace?" SpongeBob answered, "Mindy told me that it is about a three-day walk and located near a dormant volcano to the east." Sandy sighed. 'Plankton loves making things harder for us,' she thought. Sandy took out a compass and map from her suit and turned to the direction going east. She pointed east, "We gotta go this way. It cuts through Downtown Bikini Bottom, then a lot of uninhabited area. A couple towns here and there, but that's it. Ready?" SpongeBob, though still a little nervous about this journey, smiled and said, "I'm ready, Sandy!"

The two started their long journey. When they saw Downtown Bikini Bottom, they both gasped. It was completely destroyed and uninhabited. All the roads were cracked and filled with craters, and the buildings were toppled and on fire. What was once an active, beautiful city was a ring of fire. Sandy was in disbelief, and thought for a second that she was having another nightmare. She looked at SpongeBob, who looked equally as surprised. SpongeBob looked down and sighed sadly. "Sandy, it's happening again." Sandy nodded, agreeing with SpongeBob for once. She said, "Yeah. Come on, SpongeBob, before those robots see us." They exited Downtown Bikini Bottom fortunately undetected. Their journey had begun, and it will change their lives more than any other journey before.

And that's it for Chapter 6! The longest chapter I've done so far! Chapter 7: A Deep Conversation will be up when I have the time. It's the chapter I teared up in daydreaming it. xD Stay tuned!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Sorry for triple post, but this chapter can't wait. It's the emotional chapter I've been talking about since Brick and I combined ideas topics. The one I teared up while daydreaming. Hope you enjoy! :)

Chapter 7: A Deep Conversation

SpongeBob and Sandy were treading through barren underwater desert. It had been two hours since they had last seen civilization. All they ran into since then were patrolling robots, which both SpongeBob and Sandy defeated with ease. The sun was just about to set. Sandy's tail dragged with exhaustion and SpongeBob was close behind her, deep in thought and boredom. He was thinking about how to catch up with Sandy, and about what to do when he confronts Plankton. He also couldn't help but stare at Sandy again. He wasn't able to describe her. He wasn't familiar with this feeling. All he knows is that he can't stop looking at her. Sandy checked the time on her watch on her wrist under the suit. She read aloud, "6:30." Hearing this, SpongeBob broke his trance in case Sandy suspected his staring.

Sandy turned to SpongeBob and said, "Might as well camp out now while we still got some light left. Better safe than sorry, right?" SpongeBob nodded and stared as she took a cylindrical pod and a remote control. She pressed the button on the remote control and the pod opened up into a completed tent. She took out two sleeping bags and gave one to SpongeBob. SpongeBob put it in the tent and laid down. Sandy stayed outside and put her sleeping bag on the ground and laid down on it.

About an hour passed. SpongeBob couldn't sleep, and Sandy never entered the tent. SpongeBob gave up sleeping and crawled out of the tent. He saw Sandy, looking up at the starry night sky. Time seemed frozen, because everything was silent except the soft blowing of the underwater current. This was his chance to finally catch up with her. SpongeBob walked quietly to Sandy with his sleeping bag. He laid his sleeping bag and said quietly, "Hey, Sandy." Sandy turned and smiled, "Hey, SpongeBob. Can't sleep?" SpongeBob shook his head and laid next to Sandy.

SpongeBob looked at the stars. It was so clear and intriguing. Still looking at the stars, he asked Sandy, "What are you doing, Sandy?" Sandy answered, "Staring at the night sky. I've never seen it so clearly in a while. It reminds me so much of what I always used to do back in Texas. I remember the night before I left to move here. I stared up at the night sky for the longest time, thinking it would be my last time seeing it." Sandy sighed and continued, "I also like to stare at it because I've always wondered what's out there. That's what I love so much about science. It's all about coming up with a problem and observing, and thinking of an solution to that problem." SpongeBob was amazed, saying, "Wow. I always thought science was only test tubes and experiments. If it also means looking at stuff, I should be a scientist, too." He burst into laughter. Sandy joined in. Both of them really missed laughing like this. They stopped after a few moments and smiled at each other. SpongeBob said, "You know, Sandy. Out of all my friends, you're the most fun and interesting to casually talk to." Sandy blushed, flattered. SpongeBob explained, "I mean it, Sandy. Patrick falls asleep after a while, Squidward hardly talks and Mr. Krabs only talks about the Krusty Krab and money. With you, we talk about pretty much everything!" Sandy couldn't help but smile widely at his compliments. She missed his unrivaled kindness. It was no wonder she befriended him so quickly.

It was Sandy's turn to compliment SpongeBob. She said, "You know, SpongeBob, ya'll are easily the nicest person that I've ever had the pleasure to meet. You're sweet and friendly to everyone you meet. I mean, the way you've cared about me in the past, the way you offer to help me, the way you always visit me with a smile on your face; I've never imagined meeting anyone like that. So kind and so friendly. You risked your life for me back when we first met, even if you didn't know who I was, what species I was, or where I came from. You just risked everything to save me. That was the bravest thing I've ever seen anyone do. I doubt even my family would do what you did. Also, the way ya'll introduced me to other Bikini Bottomites and helped them get along with me and become my friends, I just can't thank you enough, SpongeBob. You've done so much for me, even when I feel down." SpongeBob smiled and said quietly, "Thanks, Sandy." Sandy smiled and continued, "You've been so nice to me that I can't go back to Texas without missin' you. I still get homesick, but that's when I remind myself of what I've got down here. Everything that was given to me down here was thanks to you, SpongeBob. If you didn't do any of that for me, I would've quit and went back to Texas a long time ago. I have a picture on my nightstand. Whenever I feel lonesome or sad, I just look at that picture and smile at the one person who made my life down here a better place." SpongeBob scooted closer to Sandy. Sandy placed her hand on SpongeBob's. SpongeBob blushed and smiled. Sandy smiled back.

They stared back at the sky. Sandy was deep in thought. She felt bad about her attitude towards him earlier and all those months of kicking him out. She also thought about SpongeBob and how nice he was to her all these years. She suddenly felt guilty about all those times she was mean to him. Without thinking, Sandy audibly said, "Sorry." SpongeBob turned. He asked, "What are you sorry for, Sandy?" Sandy continued, "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I was just really busy, and I was almost done with the project. It would have been the last one before my bosses finally gave me a break." SpongeBob curiously asked, "Why were you so busy anyway, Sandy?" Sandy answered, "My bosses said that I exceeded the other employees of Treedome Enterprises by far. Then they started giving me the most difficult projects. I had literally no time for anything except eating and sleeping. I had to kick you out, SpongeBob. I'm so sorry. I've felt worse and worse after every time." Sandy's strong character was weakening. SpongeBob sensed this. "It's okay. I forgive you. Honestly, I've been worried that we might not be friends anymore." SpongeBob smiled. Sandy stood up and continued her apology, "It's not okay, SpongeBob! You were always a true friend to me. Ya'll brought flowers and wore a smile on your face every time you visited, and what did I do? I kicked you out, yelled at you, hurt you." Tears formed at Sandy's eyes, surprising SpongeBob. He rarely saw Sandy cry in all his years of friendship with her. This was a serious issue for her if she cried. He stood up to comfort her, but Sandy continued, "All those times I hurt you! Humiliated you! Laughed at you! I blamed you for everything when it should have been mostly Patrick! I lost trust in you all those times! I participated in a stupid holiday meant to get away from you! All because I was too stupid to realize how important you are in my life! I'm sorry! I'm sorry.. I'm sorry... I'm sorry...." Sandy continued saying those two words as she fell to her knees, sobbing. Tears formed on SpongeBob's eyes, feeling her pain and guilt. He never expected Sandy to break down in such a way. Maybe those months of kicking him out and without seeing him took a toll on her, too. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged tightly. She hugged back and continued crying. SpongeBob, his voice breaking, said, "It's okay, Sandy. Everything bad that happened between us was in the past. The only thing I was worried about was that our friendship was at stake." Sandy replied, "Me too, SpongeBob. I'm sorry." SpongeBob let go for a moment to look at her. Tears glided down her cheeks, her lip was quivering and her nose was sniffling. She said, holding SpongeBob's sides with her hands. "I promise, SpongeBob. I promise with my life. After this, and after that experiment, I will hang out with you for as long as possible." SpongeBob nodded his approval, and gently held Sandy's helmet where her cheeks were. Sandy rested her arms on SpongeBob's shoulders. She removed some of his tears with her thumb. SpongeBob smiled, while Sandy still wore a depressed face. After looking at each other for a while, they pulled closer into another hug. They hadn't hugged in a while before that night, and this one was hands down their most emotionally affectionate hug yet. Sandy's hug was passionate, apologetic, loving, and, most of all, regretful. SpongeBob's was passionate, loving, understanding, and, most of all, forgiving. All the stress and guilt that had been eating at them during all those months without seeing each other were finally lifted off their shoulders. They hugged tighter as both of them were silently crying in each other's shoulders.

Their friendship was officially restored.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Honestly, after typing this, I was slightly disappointed because the feelings weren't as intense as when I daydreamed it. Also, quick note, this chapter sums up my view of Spandy in general. In my opinion, SpongeBob and Sandy have a truly loving and caring friendship that has the potential to eventually evolve into something more. This is why I advocate this ship so much. I know first-hand at my high school that the best and most loving romantic relationships started out as great friends. I will still remain happy if SpongeBob and Sandy remain friends after the finale, because they still look cute nonetheless as friends, and I can always use my imagination *tries to conjure rainbow but fails :cry:*. The hints are in the show, but I agree they are just minor puppy love hints, but you can't deny that these hints can foreshadow that at least something will happen to them in the future. Chapter 8: More Conflicts and A Crazy Escape Attempt will be up soon. Stay tuned! :)

Cosmic-Loop

♥♫ The Luigi Queen ♫♥
Far away from California and/or Florida :,(
That One Random Boss said:
"All those times I hurt you! Humiliated you! Laughed at you! I blamed you for everything when it should have been mostly Patrick! I lost trust in you all those times! I participated in a stupid holiday meant to get away from you! All because I was too stupid to realize how important you are in my life! I'm sorry! I'm sorry.. I'm sorry... I'm sorry...."
daRN YOU YOU ALMOST MADE ME CRY

:P

no but i really really like this please continue omg

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Cosmic-Loop said:
daRN YOU YOU ALMOST MADE ME CRY

:P

no but i really really like this please continue omg
Some chapter, huh? I teared up daydreaming it. Chapter 8 is still on paper at the moment.

Cosmic-Loop

♥♫ The Luigi Queen ♫♥
Far away from California and/or Florida :,(
That One Random Boss said:
Some chapter, huh? I teared up daydreaming it. Chapter 8 is still on paper at the moment.
Yeah; it got really intense! (I'm a sucker for intense stuff; i daydream it too :P )

Ooh, can't wait for chapter 8 then! I should probably start posting my fan-episodes at some point, lol.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Cosmic-Loop said:
Yeah; it got really intense! (I'm a sucker for intense stuff; i daydream it too :P )

Ooh, can't wait for chapter 8 then! I should probably start posting my fan-episodes at some point, lol.
Chapter 8 will be LONG though. It should be done during the week. I got a busy weekend and obviously there's homework, so we'll see.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Well, this took a while, but it's finally here! Chapter 8 ahoy! Enjoy! Also, I changed the name of the chapter. Also, I split the original Chapter 8 because it was just too long.

Chapter 8: Day Two: Part 1

After their emotional conversation, SpongeBob and Sandy decided to rest up for the rest of their journey. SpongeBob fell asleep quickly, but Sandy was still awake. She thought about their conversation, and SpongeBob in general. She stared at him sleeping. She opened herself up to him in such a way. She only just realized how much he meant to her, and now she felt something warm and fuzzy inside her. She had a comforting feeling in her heart, and her breath sped up just by looking at him. Is this love? Is this joy? She was not sure. Her scientific mind put it aside as a hormonal phase that she would most likely get over, but her heart said otherwise. All she knew for sure was that she kinda liked this feeling.

All of a sudden, she felt guilty. She should have told him about her problem. She could not sleep because she was afraid to. Ever since SpongeBob saved her from Plankton, Sandy was having these nightmares every couple nights. Every nightmare got progressively scarier and scarier. Despite her fear, Sandy knew she had no choice. She had a long journey ahead of her, and a dangerous journey at that; if she did not rest, her and SpongeBob's lives would be at stake, and they may fail their quest to bring peace to the sea. Sandy laid back down. She subconsciously wrapped her arms around SpongeBob in a close hug and fell asleep.

Sandy woke up, but nothing was around her. No tent, no SpongeBob, no desert, nothing. She sat up and looked around. Everything was dark. She gulped. It was happening again. Suddenly, she heard a whisper in the atmosphere, in HER voice. It chanted, "All... hail... Plankton." Sandy gasped as the whisper repeated itself, "All.. hail... Plankton." The darkness suddenly turned bright white. Sandy shielded her eyes. When she opened them back up, she saw that she was in a desert on land. Her air helmet went away, leaving just her air suit. The whispering continued, "All. Hail. Plankton." It was slowly speeding up and steadily getting louder. Sandy then gasped as she saw three hooded figures in pitch black robes in the distance. They slowly approached her and chanted, "All hail Plankton." The desert faded back into total darkness. The whisper and the figures coincided their chant as they sped up and got louder. Sandy tried to back away, but her back hit some sort of barrier, keeping her in place. The three figures reached forward, trying to grab Sandy. She yelled and tried to put up a fight, but she was too scared and weak for her moves to be effective enough. One figure stopped and the other two blocked her attacks and grabbed her arms. Sandy tried to free herself from their grasp by kicking and struggling but to no avail. The figure that stood back reached into its robe and pulled something long and sharp out. The chants got louder and faster. Sandy gasped as tears escaped her eyes. Her breathing reached its peak and she felt like she was having a heart attack. The figure was holding a machete.

SpongeBob woke up to Sandy shaking next to him. SpongeBob smiled and giggled, thinking Sandy was trying to tickle him to wake him up. He turned around to tell her he was awake, but he realized that she was not trying to wake him up. His expression went from amusement to concern and worry as he saw what was happening to her. Sandy was thrashing wildly, sweating and hyperventilating. Tears escaped her eyes and she kicked and screamed in her sleep. SpongeBob gasped and started shaking her in an attempt to wake her up, but little did he realize that his shaking made her situation worse.

Sandy's nightmare was falling apart. The chants sounded close to shouts, "ALL HAIL PLANKTON! ALL HAIL PLANKTON!" The figure with the machete was feet from her. She screamed and sobbed loudly for mercy. She just wanted to be put out of her misery. She flinched, not wanting to see or feel the expected pain. Everything suddenly went quiet. The figure was inches from Sandy, holding the machete in its hand. Sandy still didn't look at her would-be murderer, crying silently and hoping that everything would just end. She couldn't take it anymore. Then the figure with the machete, pulling its machete back and aiming straight at her heart, chillingly and frighteningly said, "All hail Plankton." The machete swung straight at her heart.

SpongeBob was still shaking Sandy, "Sandy! Wake up! It's just a nightmare!" He then remembered the news report about nightmares; that Bikini Bottomites had been having these nightmares since he came back from Shell City. Sandy must have been one of those Bikini Bottomites. All of a sudden, just when SpongeBob turned around, Sandy shot up and screamed at the top of her lungs. She burst through the tent and knelt down a few feet in front of it. She went on all fours and started sobbing loudly. SpongeBob jumped at her actions then called to her, scared and worried, "S-Sandy?" SpongeBob looked out of the tent slowly, spotting Sandy kneeling, crying silently. Before he could react, Sandy suddenly turned, ran into SpongeBob's arms and continued sobbing.

Sandy shouted from on his shoulder, "Oh, Spongy! I should have told you!" SpongeBob hugged back and said, "It's okay now, Sandy. It was just a nightmare." Sandy let go of the hug but still held his shoulders. She shouted back, "You don't understand, SpongeBob! Ever since ya'll came back, I've been having these nightmares. They got worse and worse every time! I just want it all to end!" They hugged each other again. Sandy started crying again and all SpongeBob could do was comfort her.

Meanwhile, Mindy took shelter in SpongeBob's pineapple. She had been taking care of Gary, who was sleeping better since she started caring for him. She sat up and looked outside the window. There was nothing but debris and craters. She sighed and thought aloud, How can this happen again? She hoped SpongeBob was alright. She recalled that he brought a female friend along to help him on this journey, but she didn't know SpongeBob's female friends. The only female friend she could think from the top of her head was Mr. Krabs' daughter, Pearl, who SpongeBob got along decently with, but Mindy evacuated her to Shell Stadium the night before.

Mindy decided to look around SpongeBob's house to investigate who SpongeBob brought along on his journey. She wanted to make sure whoever he chose could help him enough. She went up to SpongeBob's bedroom. There, she saw pictures around the walls. They consisted of childhood pictures of him and various pictures of Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, but there was no picture of his female friend. Mindy then noticed a photo album on SpongeBob's nightstand. On the cover was SpongeBob and some sort of furry creature in a space suit. The title read, "SpongeBob Squarepants and Sandy Cheeks: Friends Forever." SpongeBob must have put it there to reminisce the good times him and Sandy had throughout their friendship. He looked in that album every night since he got back from Shell City. Mindy found the friend she was looking for, but could not make heads or tails of who or what she was. She knew that the friend was not from the sea. Curious of their friendship status, Mindy opened the album. It contained many pictures of SpongeBob and Sandy's many unforgettable adventures and memories. One picture was of them at Goo Lagoon. Another showed them playing zero-gravity golf on the moon. On the next page, there was a picture of them in red band outfits holding Squidward and his trophy high at the Bubble Bowl. The last page showed them sitting next to each other watching the sun set over the horizon on a hill in Jellyfish Fields.

Mindy smiled. She didn't realize how strong their friendship was. It was almost as if they loved each other. She wondered. Before Mindy could think deeper about their relationship, she heard an explosion coming from downstairs. She then heard Gary yelping with fear. The ground shook. Mindy quickly swam down the stairs and spotted small and medium robots, all sent to capture her. Mindy backed up until she spotted Gary getting loaded into an armored truck. Gary was meowing out in despair to Mindy, hoping she can rescue him. Mindy quickly dodged the attacks and lunged for Gary, but a robot swung its metal arm at her, knocking her out of the way. The armored truck drove away. Mindy screamed, "NOO! Gary!" A robot suddenly grabbed her arms and restrained her. Mindy thrashed and swam towards the ceiling in attempt to break its grip, but it was no use. The robot blasted the ceiling and activated its jets. After lifting off towards the surface to stay subtle, Mindy took one last glance at the now destroyed pineapple home. Mindy closed her eyes and sighed. Mindy thought, SpongeBob, it's all up to you now.

So here's Chapter 8. I split it because I've worked all week at this and decided that it was just too long. Chapter 9 will be the other half of the original Chapter 8.

More

VIP
Well, Sandy is Spongebobs true love, but it is not on the scroll because she is a land creature, I guess.

Great movie! Nick may have something simular in store.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
So here's Chapter 9! This is the second half of what Chapter 8 was originally going to be. Enjoy!

Chapter 9: Day Two: Part 2

An hour passed. After calming down and packing everything up, SpongeBob and Sandy continued their journey. They were sweaty and starving. They were both silent, deep in thought about their conversation the night before. SpongeBob was also thinking about his gift as Pure Spirit and his true love. Though he knew that he might not have a true love, he was still positive that she was out there. He thought about Sandy and how she opened up to him last night. She cared for him so much. Not to mention that he had been feeling different around Sandy lately by his frequent trances since they started their journey. SpongeBob put everything together and came up with one thought, Could Sandy be my true love? Sandy was thinking about SpongeBob. She recalled all the good memories with him and their conversation the night before. She could deny it no longer. She was in love with SpongeBob. Butterflies filled her stomach at the thought, but she started to enjoy the feeling. She glanced at him and blushed. She couldn’t help it. He sure was cute when he wore a straight face. She looked away, hoping SpongeBob didn’t notice her staring.

Sandy checked the time; it was already three in the afternoon. SpongeBob wanted to break the silence. He tapped her arm, “Um, Sandy?” Sandy continued walking, still deep in thought. SpongeBob tapped her again, only slightly harder, “Sandy?” Sandy shook her head violently, breaking her trance, “Yeah, SpongeBob?” SpongeBob suddenly felt slight anxiety, but tried his best to keep cool, “Wanna play a little game with me? It’s too quiet here.” Sandy nodded, “Uh, sure, SpongeBob. Whatcha got in mind?” SpongeBob smiled and said, “Let’s play I Spy! Uh, I’ll start first.” SpongeBob took a goofy stance, “I spy with my little eye, something, uh, blue.” Sandy held back a giggle. She missed SpongeBob’s childish side. Sometimes it caused her to reminisce her good ol’ days as a kid. She looked around, “Um..” She knew that the ocean was too obvious. She looked at SpongeBob’s body. All she saw that was blue were the lines on his socks, and his breathtaking irises on his eyes. She started staring at them, falling in a trance of her own. SpongeBob stared back, confused. He thought, What was she looking at? Is it something I’m wearing? SpongeBob looked down at his clothes. He saw nothing too noticeable. All he saw was some dirt from laying on the ground and singe marks from his fights at the Krusty Krab 2. “Sandy?” He waved his hands in her line of sight. She continued staring. SpongeBob started snapping his fingers, “Sandy? What are you looking at? Are you still playing?” Sandy broke her trance when he snapped. She lightly blushed and said, “Uh, sorry SpongeBob. I was just thinking about the nightmare is all. Um.. Is it the lines on your socks?” SpongeBob smirked, “Nope!” Sandy smiled and held back another giggle. She checked her suit. There were blue lines on her suit. Maybe that was what he was spying. She took the chance, “Is it the lines on my suit?” SpongeBob held back a laugh, “Which one, Sandy?” Sandy rolled her eyes, amused. She thought, That SpongeBob, making things harder for his amusement. She asked, “Is it the one on my left arm?” SpongeBob answered, “No!” Sandy was getting slightly frustrated. She hated losing, especially against SpongeBob. She said, “Um, is it the one on my right arm?” SpongeBob laughed, “Yes!” Sandy gave him a funny look and sighed, “Ya’ll love making things tougher on me, huh?” She joined in on the laughter and continued with the journey.

SpongeBob was about to answer, but he stopped, spotting buildings in the distance. Sandy stared at him, confused as to why SpongeBob stopped. She turned to the direction he was looking, and she saw the buildings in the distance. They looked at each other and suddenly held their stomachs in hunger. Neither ate since they left Bikini Bottom, so they started walking faster. They then noticed that the buildings looked abandoned and rundown. It appeared as an old Western-like town. A stone sign with faded words stood a few feet from the two. It read, “Welcome to Historic Gullible Gabriel’s Gulch!” SpongeBob read the sign and looked at Sandy. Sandy was hit by nostalgia and said, “Wowee! I’ve never been to an authentic abandoned Western town in years! It reminds me of those classic Western movies I watched as a kid.” SpongeBob was amazed. Sandy said, “Well, it’s best we continue. Let’s hope there’s an active town nearby so we can eat.” SpongeBob nodded in agreement and walked forward.

Dennis and the Strangler were on the other side of the town. Plankton briefed them the day before by telling them that Gullible Gabriel’s Gulch was one of three towns that cut straight through the path to Planktopolis 2. Flats was in one town, Robo-Commander was in another, and Dennis and the Strangler in the third. Through Dennis’s walkie-talkie, Plankton said, “Status report, Dennis.” Dennis took the walkie-talkie out of his pocket and said, “Nothing yet, Boss.” Plankton then said, “Stay alert. Squarepants should be there soon. It has been a day since he was last seen, so he must be on the way. Spread out and patrol the area. Over and out.” Dennis put his walkie-talkie away and turned to the Strangler. He ordered, “Tiny wants us to split. Look for a good spot to hide in and wait for my signal. When I see the sponge, I’ll ambush him and you come from behind and finish him off. Got it?” The Strangler nodded affirmatively and walked off. Dennis went the other direction and started looking around.

Plankton tossed his walkie-talkie aside. Karen, who was next to him, informed, “Plankton, this just in, Neptune’s daughter is captured and sent straight into the dungeon.” Plankton smirked, “Perfect! This plan, Karen. This is the one! I can’t be stopped!” Karen interrupted, “I would not say that.” She showed on her monitor of SpongeBob and Sandy creeping around Gullible Gabriel’s Gulch. Plankton sat down and relaxed, “Relax, honey. I expected this. I got the Strangler and Dennis patrolling the area. They won’t get far. Even if they did, they won’t beat me.” He began to laugh evilly until a bug landed in his throat. He coughed and wheezed for a while until the bug was coughed up. Plankton grumbled angrily, “I can’t believe I almost got bested by a bug.”

Patrick was asleep on the cell floor. Squidward was in the same cell, pacing. He would have to escape this place. He heard the cell door opening and shielded his eyes at the light. The guard pushed a figure in and said, “Oi, prisoners! You got a little roommate.” Squidward rubbed his eyes to get used to the light and checked who the prisoner was. Mindy looked in her cell and spotted Squidward looking at her and Patrick, still sleeping. Squidward said, “Princess Mindy?” Mindy said, “Yeah. It’s me.” She sighed. All of a sudden, hearing her voice, Patrick shot up and yelled, “MINDY?” Mindy jumped then calmed down quickly realizing it was Patrick. She sighed, “Yeah, it’s me Patrick.” Patrick gave a love-struck sigh, and Mindy could not take the hint. Squidward gave Patrick an annoyed look, then said, “Let me guess. You sent SpongeBob to save us all again.” Mindy nodded, “Yes. He’s at it again.” Squidward sighed. He said, “Hopefully he actually takes this seriously. Is anyone with him?” Mindy took a moment to guess. She answered, “SpongeBob mentioned someone. I’m pretty sure it’s someone named Sandy. I don’t know who or what she is, but hopefully she’s capable in helping SpongeBob in saving us all.” Squidward questioned, “Why? What’s going on?” Mindy sighed and said, “Robots took over every town and city in the ocean. SpongeBob is on his way here as we speak to restore my father’s throne.”

Suddenly, Mindy heard a voice coming from another cell, “Mindy?” Mindy gasped, “Daddy?” She yelled, “Where are you?” Neptune turned from the other cell, “Mindy, are you okay? Are you hurt?” Mindy yelled back, “Yeah, Daddy, I’m fine.” Neptune sighed with relief, then asked, “What’s happening out there, daughter?” Mindy answered, “The robots occupied and destroyed every town in the ocean, Father. I sent SpongeBob to save us again.” Neptune sighed. Never had he thought this would happen to the world around him. He was also hopeful that SpongeBob would save them all.

SpongeBob and Sandy stopped in front of a large ranch in the outskirts of the town. It was faded red and consisted of multiple barns and fences. Sandy guessed it was about sixty to a hundred acres at least. A sign was in the front that read, “Rabid Randy’s Ranch.” It looked like it had been abandoned for decades. Despite the fact that there was no sign of life anywhere, SpongeBob and Sandy could not help but feel something. The atmosphere around the ranch felt threatening and frightening. SpongeBob gulped. Sandy sensed his fear and felt slight fright as well. Without thinking, Sandy scooted closer to SpongeBob, grabbing his hand to make sure he was safe. SpongeBob silently gasped and blushed, glancing at Sandy, who looked ahead with determination and a bit of hidden fear. Sandy gripped tighter to signify that everything would be alright. SpongeBob looked at her with an assuring smile. He felt stronger with Sandy around. They entered the broken front white fence gate.

Dennis paced behind one of the barns. The Strangler waited in the shadows of a nearby farmhouse. Dennis sensed that they were no longer alone in the area. He peered behind the barn and spotted two small figures in the distance. One looked like a square figure holding a taller figure in the hand. Dennis pulled out his walkie-talkie and whispered, “Sir, there’s movement in the distance.” Plankton, who looked like he was about to fall asleep, sat up quickly and asked, “Is it SpongeBob?” Dennis squinted at the two figures through his shades in an attempt to make out their body shapes. He replied, “Could be. I can make out the square body. There’s another person holding on to him, though. It looks like it has a see-through head.” Plankton thought for a second, then snapped and commanded, “Could be the squirrel. Hit two birds with one stone for me and take care of them both. Eliminate the sponge and subdue the squirrel and bring her to me. She can prove quite useful to me.” Dennis nodded affirmatively, “Roger Sir, Hitman out.” He put the walkie-talkie away and stealthily sneaked his way to the Strangler. “They’re here. Stay put,” Dennis said quietly. The Strangler nodded.

Dennis then quickly walked towards SpongeBob and Sandy, who were both walking slowly and carefully, checking every corner and building for any other signs of life. They turned one more corner and spotted Dennis, right in front of them, smirking and cracking his knuckles. SpongeBob screamed and hid behind Sandy, who put up a brave front and made a karate stance. Dennis said, “We meet again, kid.” Sandy shouted, “Who are you and what is your business here?!” Dennis took off his shades, revealing a bloodshot eye and an eye patch. He said coldly, “Name’s Dennis. I came here to finish what I started. My job is to kill the Sponge, but it seems to me that he brought his little girlfriend to defend him.” Sandy stopped, her train of thought completely lost after hearing the term ‘girlfriend.’ She blushed, rubbed her helmet and giggled like a love-struck schoolgirl. Dennis laughed and shoved her out of the way, revealing a cowering SpongeBob. Dennis picked him up by the throat and sneered, “Now to finish you off, Squarepants, once and for all!” SpongeBob struggled to breathe, choking by Dennis’s hands. Sandy got up, watching Dennis choke SpongeBob to death. Sandy ran as fast as she can and tackled Dennis, causing him to let go of SpongeBob. “GO!” She yelled at him, “Go find somewhere to hide! I’ll take care of this here varmint!” SpongeBob nodded and ran to find a hiding spot.

He looked around for a good hiding spot and found a dark corner just far enough from the action taking place. SpongeBob ran to the corner and panted. Suddenly, two large, dirty green hands grabbed his throat. The Strangler came out to the light and laughed sinisterly, “Now for some sweet, sweet revenge, tattletale!”

Sandy fell to the ground, wrestling Dennis who was trying to pin her down, but he struggled due to her air suit softening his blows. Sandy pushed him off of her. She panted as Dennis got up and dusted himself off, coughing from the sand that filled the air. He snarled, “You little rodent!” He lunged towards Sandy, but Sandy jumped over him and landed on his back. She climbed atop his head and grabbed it by his hat. She used her massive strength to slam Dennis’s entire body on the ground. She landed and took a moment to breathe.

Suddenly, she heard another person laughing maniacally, and it wasn’t SpongeBob’s laugh. She looked around and saw the Strangler, choking SpongeBob to death. By SpongeBob’s expression, Sandy could tell that he didn’t have much time left. She screamed, “SPONGEBOB, NOOO!” She frantically sprinted as fast as her legs could take her, hoping and praying mentally that she was not too late. SpongeBob made a final effort to pry the Strangler’s arms away, but he was too weak to make a move. He started seeing light at the end of some sort of tunnel. The light was creeping closer and closer after every second that passed. He lowered his arms and closed his eyes, giving up and accepting his fate. He made one final forced exhale. Sandy tackled the Strangler away, causing him to drop SpongeBob, who laid still. Sandy performed a heavy blow on the Strangler, disfiguring his face and temporarily knocking him out.

Sandy panted for a second before turning to SpongeBob. He laid still with indentations around his neck after being strangled. Sandy fell to her knees at SpongeBob. She gasped in disbelief and shook her head. “No…. No,” Sandy whispered. She placed her helmet on SpongeBob’s chest and laid her ears as close to him as possible, hoping to hear a pulse. Fortunately to her, she heard faint heartbeats. SpongeBob was still alive. Sandy made a heavy sigh of relief as she clutched her heart, breathing deeply. Now to get him outta here, Sandy thought.

Before she could pick SpongeBob up, Sandy stopped as she heard a growl from behind. She turned around and saw Dennis, who took off his shades and clutched the knife that he wore around his neck. His boots revealed spikes on the bottom. Sandy gasped after seeing the spikes. He yelled, “I AM NOT FAILING THIS TIME!!” He sprinted towards Sandy. She dodged out of the way, but Dennis kept running. Sandy realized that Dennis wasn’t after her, but SpongeBob. Sandy gasped and started sprinting after him. Dennis was about to finish SpongeBob off by impaling him with his spikes, but Sandy drop kicked him square in the stomach. Dennis, who was on one leg due to his stomp attempt, lost his balance and fell to the ground. He got up and growled, “Listen, missy! If you continue putting up a fight for that stupid sponge, you’ll be joining him six feet under!” Sandy showed a death glare at Dennis. Fire burned through her eyes. Dennis roared and lunged towards Sandy, who jumped to eye contact and uppercut him, sending him into the air. Sandy then performed a series of aerial karate attacks, finishing with a slow-motion kick in the stomach, causing an explosion to occur. Dennis screamed in pain as he crashed into the ground, creating a shockwave on the ground on impact.

Sandy landed and walked towards Dennis with pure rage and hatred filling her being. She panted heavily and angrily at him, waiting for him to get up so she could knock him back down. Dennis was in a large crater, groaning with the unbearable pain from his stomach and back. Sandy slid down the crater and stepped on Dennis’s chest. Dennis tried to punch Sandy off of him, but she swatted his arm away and knocked him down again. Sandy picked up Dennis’s head and warned, “Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, messes with my SpongeBob while I’m around.” She kneed Dennis’s head, knocking him out cold.

Sandy stood up and stared at Dennis. Her ears shot up after hearing a noise from behind. The Strangler stood up and groaned, “Oh, my head! What just happened?” He spotted Sandy hopping off of Dennis’s unconscious body. The Strangler noticed her walking towards him angrily. Remembering what she did to him, the Strangler gasped and started backing away until he hit a barn wall. He started shaking as Sandy stopped a couple feet in front of him, growling and showing another death glare. Fearfully, the Strangler confessed, “Look, lady, I was only a hired hand! Plankton hired me! I only did this to get revenge on the sponge for turning me in!” The Strangler realized that what he just said did not help him one bit. Sandy clenched her fists tighter in rage. She didn’t know who the Strangler was nor did she care. She saw him almost murder SpongeBob right before her very eyes, and that was enough for her not to show mercy. Thinking this, Sandy growled more angrily than before, causing the Strangler to flinch and scream, almost similarly to the way Sandy did in her nightmare. Sandy glared and slowly and coldly said, “You almost killed SpongeBob. Why would I show mercy to a heartless evil varmint like you?” She pushed the Strangler into the barn, breaking the wooden wall and causing the barn to collapse on the Strangler. The last thing Sandy heard from him were groans of pain from under the debris.

Sandy ran back to SpongeBob, who was still out cold by the Strangler. Sandy started shaking him, “SpongeBob! Wake up! We gotta get out of here before those two wake up!” SpongeBob groaned and held his neck. He opened his eyes and squinted as the light above blinded him. He saw Sandy and thought for a second that he was dead and was seeing an angel. Slowly, he said, “What happened? Where am I? Am I dead?” Beaming, Sandy shook her head, “No, SpongeBob. You’re alive. I was so worried! I thought you were gone!” SpongeBob smiled and looked around. He saw Dennis unconscious and looked back at Sandy, who smiled back. He complimented, “Sandy, did you beat Dennis and the Tattletale Strangler all by yourself? I never realized how super strong you are. Mind teaching me some lessons?” SpongeBob started laughing. Sandy blushed and laughed along. Despite the fact he almost died, SpongeBob still found room for humor. Sandy picked SpongeBob up by the hand and the two continued their journey.

The sun went down soon after. In their tent, Sandy was rubbing SpongeBob’s sides where the indentations from the Strangler’s hands were still visible. SpongeBob looked back at Sandy and smiled. She saved his life again. He realized that he forgot to thank her. He did so, “I forgot to say thank you for saving my life, Sandy. I’d be done for if it weren’t for you.” Sandy smiled and said, “It’s no problem, SpongeBob. I bet ya’ll would’ve done the same thing to me.” The two were silent for a while after. They now know that their journey was dangerous, and would get worse as they continued. Their lives were potentially at stake. SpongeBob was the first to speak, “Sandy, I’m getting worried because our journey will get crazier as we push on in this journey.” “Yeah, that’s true,” Sandy said in agreement. She then said, “I guess we should sleep now. We can gain more ground if we get up early, and we’ll have enough energy to help each other out when we get in trouble.” SpongeBob nodded and laid down. Sandy did the same. She was still scared about the nightmares, but she needed to rest after everything she did that day.

SpongeBob got up. He was too deep in thought to sleep. He stared at Sandy. She slept soundly and silently, so he assumed that she wasn’t having a nightmare that night. Sandy saved his life earlier. He never realized how much Sandy would do to make sure he was okay. He then remembered the good times they had throughout the years. Sandy was the only person he knew that impressed him to no end. Her strength, her beauty, her skills, her talents, her intelligence, basically everything about Sandy impressed him. He added up all these aspects and memories. He questioned himself, “Am I in love with Sandy? Is she my true love? Is it fate that brought us on this journey?” He laid down and contemplated these possibilities. He was still unsure about everything. According to the true love scroll from the royal palace, he had no true love, but, on the other hand, he noticed something different about Sandy. Also, the way she apologized and opened herself up to him the night before. All of this should not be coincidence, but he was still a little skeptical. He fell asleep before he could think anymore on the subject.

Plankton shouted into his walkie-talkie, “Dennis? Dennis! Do you copy? DENNIS!!” He slammed the walkie-talkie aside in frustration. The sponge and squirrel was tougher than he thought. He called for Robo-Commander, who appeared into the throne room. Plankton ordered, “Robo-Commander, I’m changing your position. I want you to meet Flatts at Sardine Sauna. I’m going to be sending robots to your current position at Marlin Marina. If the plan goes perfectly, the two should not make it past Marlin Marina, and the robots should rendezvous with you with the squirrel in custody.” Robo-Commander nodded its head and walked away to Sardine Sauna. Plankton said indirectly to SpongeBob and Sandy, “Let’s see you two make it past these forces!” He laughed evilly as large robots with laser eyes and machine gun arms rolled past him.

Chapter 9 is now complete! Finally! Now I can sleep! Chapter 10: Hope Is Lost will be up whenever I got the time. Stay tuned!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Patrick-Man! said:
i am loving these. I just hope spongebob gets a chance to kick some butt
but i am loving this!!!! awesome job
Thanks! I printed what I have out and took it to school. A lot of people said for me to send it to Nick. I laughed so hard. Also, Chapter 10 will be posted in a spoiler. It's kinda graphic as it has killing.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
So here's chapter 10! It's quite intense, so it'll be in this spoiler, in case it's inappropriate and/or graphic.

Chapter 10: Hope Is Lost

Soon after SpongeBob fell asleep, Sandy’s eye twitched. Another nightmare began. Sandy got up, but, like last time, she wasn’t in the tent. The whispering in her voice began again, “All hail Plankton.” She was in a prison, locked in a poorly conditioned small cell fit for two. Sandy grabbed the bars on the cell door and looked around. There were other cells with random people in prison jump suits. Suddenly, the cell doors automatically opened. Sandy exited her cell and walked along the guardrails. The prison guards entered the cell block, guns blazing. Plankton showed up as the warden. He motioned the guards something. Sandy stared as the guards entered the cell doors. She then heard gunshots. The guards were executing the prisoners! Sandy gasped and hid in a cell in the corner. She then gasped at who was hiding in the cell. It was SpongeBob! Sandy hugged him. She said, “Oh, SpongeBob! What are you doing here?” SpongeBob was shaking and whispered, “I-I’m scared, Sandy.” Sandy grabbed his hand and picked him up. She said, “Don’t worry, Spongy. I’ll get you outta here.”

The guards went up to the floor SpongeBob and Sandy were in. Sandy looked out and gasped. She took SpongeBob’s hand and climbed over the rail to the first floor. She motioned SpongeBob to the guards’ quarters. They turned left and ran down the stairs. There was a hallway behind the stairs. Sandy spotted the hallway and sprinted towards it. SpongeBob followed closely behind her. They kept flinching every time they heard a gunshot coming from upstairs. At the end of the hallway was a double door. Sandy grabbed the handle with all her might. It was locked. Sandy pounded in frustration and motioned SpongeBob to head back.

Sandy heard guards yelling that prisoners were down in the guards’ quarters. She panicked, knowing it was them the guards were talking about. Sandy spotted what looked like an elevator. She sprinted in it and accidentally stepped on a pressure plate. Behind her, the gates shut, trapping her in the space. SpongeBob remained outside and pounded on the door screaming, “NO! SANDY!” Sandy screamed back, “SPONGEBOB! HELP ME! GET ME OUT!” Suddenly, two guards ran down the stairs. Sandy gasped, “SpongeBob, behind you!” SpongeBob turned around and gasped. He started panicking, running in circles and screaming. The guards stopped and pointed their guns at SpongeBob. SpongeBob stopped running and fell to his knees, begging, “P-P-PLE-PLE-PLEASE PLEASE DON’T KILL ME! PLEASE DON’T KILL ME! NOOO!” Tears escaped SpongeBob’s eyes as Sandy watched in horror. The guards opened fire, shooting SpongeBob in the head and chest. SpongeBob collapsed, dead. Sandy screamed at the top of her lungs, “NOOOOO! SPONGEBOB!!” Tears escaped her eyes as the one she secretly loved was dead. A guard appeared behind the bulletproof glass. The guard was the same one that held the machete in the last nightmare. Sandy was no longer scared. All that she felt was total grief and rage. She yelled at the guard at the top of her lungs, “YOU’RE GONNA PAY! I SWEAR TO TEXAS YA’LL ARE GONNA PAY! WHEN I GET OUTTA HERE I’LL BEAT YOU TO A PULP! I’LL BEAT YOU SO HARD THE NEXT THING YOU’LL SEE IS A FIERY GATE!” All the guard did was smirk. He pulled the lever placed in front of him. Sandy glared at the guard, tears still escaping her eyes. She gasped when the elevator made a sound. Electricity started appearing, then she got shocked to death. The last thing she heard was Plankton laughing evilly, and the last thing she saw was SpongeBob’s body.

Sandy shot up, tears in her eyes and breathing heavily. She looked around. There was no sign of SpongeBob. Based on the light outside of the tent, Sandy could tell that it was morning. She opened the tent and saw SpongeBob making brunch for the two of them using a grill that he created out of wood and metal from an abandoned barn in the middle of nowhere. She also saw a large body of goo, which didn’t appear the night before because of how dark it was. SpongeBob was too busy humming a tune that he didn’t notice. Sandy sighed with relief and ran towards him. SpongeBob jumped as Sandy ran into him in a tight hug. Sandy cried, “SpongeBob! You’re okay! I thought you were gone for good.” SpongeBob hugged back, confused. Sandy separated from the hug, and SpongeBob realized that she had another nightmare. Tears were in her eyes, and her heart was beating rapidly. SpongeBob said, “Sandy, are you okay?” Sandy nodded and the tears returned. After witnessing his murder in her nightmare, seeing him alive and concerned for her made her heart warm up. SpongeBob pulled her back into another hug. Sandy calmed down and said, “Yeah. I’m okay. I’m sorry, SpongeBob. I just had another nightmare and… you died in it.” SpongeBob sighed, “Oh. It’s okay, Sandy. I’m fine. Well, I’m making food for us. Today might be crazier than yesterday so we should at least have our stomachs filled, especially since we haven’t eaten in so long.” Sandy nodded and went back into the tent to put everything back into the pod. About a few minutes later, SpongeBob walked up to her with two large sandwiches. He handed one to her and started eating. Sandy opened up her suit and grabbed her sandwich with a free arm. She started eating as comfortably as she can.

The two ate quietly and subtly, staring at the body of goo and its lovely horizon. When they finished, Sandy thought about the threats that they would likely be facing this day. She turned to SpongeBob, who was packing his sleeping bag. She smiled and said, “Y’know, SpongeBob, I’m getting tired of all this emotional mumbo jumbo we’ve been having since we started this journey. How about we practice a little karate for old times’ sake? I got some new moves I’ve been wanting to teach ya’ll.” SpongeBob turned and smirked, “Okay, Ms. Cheeks. Just to let you know, while you were holed up in your treedome all those months, I’ve been practicing my karate. I’ll have you know that I’ve improved a lot.” Sandy rolled her eyes playfully and smirked back, “Challenge accepted, Squarepants! We’ll put that to the test.” The two put on their karate gloves. Sandy nudged SpongeBob, “Okay, here’s one new move. I performed it on that varmint Dennis yesterday. I call it the Explosive Aerial Combo! All you gotta do is send your target up in the air, perform many combo moves to subdue that target, then finish with a massive explosive drop kick straight to the ground. The secret to the explosion is that you gotta put all your weight and power into your kicking leg. The kick has to be so powerful that the molecules between you and the target split apart. The explosion won’t harm you because the explosion is pointed away from you. There are also different levels of the explosion, depending on how powerful your kick is. I performed the level four explosion on Dennis, which incapacitated him. The level one explosion is just a regular kick with an explosion that just hurts. Level two confuses the target. Level three makes the target dizzy, and level five is the knockout kick. I’ve been wanting to see if there’s a level six, but I’m scared that it’s potentially fatal. Allow me to give a demonstration. The target is that rock.” Sandy pointed at a medium sized rock close to them. She threw it into the air and performed seven aerial kicks and punches until performing a level four explosive drop kick. The rock was crushed into bits. SpongeBob watched in awe and applauded her. Sandy landed and walked up to SpongeBob, “Now it’s your turn.”

SpongeBob spotted another medium sized rock closeby. He tried to pick it up, but he was too weak. Sandy held back a giggle, “Okay, let me help you.” Sandy picked up the rock and motioned SpongeBob to jump. SpongeBob made a stance. Sandy counted to three, and SpongeBob jumped. He hit the rock six times then performed a level two explosive kick.

Sandy smiled and wrapped an arm around SpongeBob, “You did it, SpongeBob! You now know the Explosive Aerial Combo! Just practice, and ya’ll can hit a level five in no time.” SpongeBob jumped and cheered, “Hooray! I learned a new move!” Sandy then smirked, “Well then, SpongeBob, now for you to put that new move to the test, because it’s time for a long-awaited karate match.” She made a karate stance. SpongeBob smirked back and made a karate stance of his own, “You’re on, Miss Cheeks!”

The play fight was on. Sandy slid towards SpongeBob and made a fake chop. SpongeBob got tricked and made a blocking stance. Sandy then performed a surprise roundhouse kick, knocking SpongeBob off his feet. He recovered quickly and made a fake lunge at Sandy, who anticipated such a move. She faked a dodge and stuck a leg out. To her surprise, SpongeBob stopped and made a sweeping kick. Sandy fell but quickly recovered. She panted for a second, but SpongeBob kicked her into the air. He jumped and commenced the move he just learned. He performed seven attacks then a level three explosive kick. Sandy softened her landing with her tail, but enough damage was done for her to fall into a wave of dizziness. Before she regained her focus, SpongeBob unleashed a move of his own. He elbowed her stomach then kicked her in the chest. She landed on a large, sharp rock, causing her air helmet to break.

SpongeBob panicked and tried to get her up in desperation. He apologized, “Sandy, I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have done that! What are we gonna do?! I just killed my best friend!” Sandy recovered from her dizziness and realized that she could not breathe. She pressed a button on her suit and another helmet came up from within her suit. She drained her suit of any remaining water and started breathing heavily. After retaining a normal breathing pattern, she noticed SpongeBob crying with regret next to her. She placed an arm on the back of his head. SpongeBob looked at her. Sandy smiled weakly. SpongeBob exhaled in delight that she was still alive, but frowned and apologized, “I’m sorry, Sandy. I almost got you killed! We shouldn’t have done this karate match.” Sandy forgave him right away, “It’s fine, SpongeBob. Ya’ll obviously didn’t mean to do what you did.” SpongeBob smiled, causing Sandy to smile back. “Also, I gotta say that you’re right. You did improve on your karate. I didn’t expect you to outmaneuver me. I also didn’t expect ya’ll to beat me so quickly. Sometimes needing an air helmet at all times can be a bummer,” Sandy reassured. SpongeBob sighed again. Sandy got up and dusted her suit off. She said, “Well, I’d love to continue on this karate, but we gotta get to Planktopolis 2 by dusk. Now come on!” She took her karate gloves off and walked ahead. SpongeBob took his gear off and screamed, “Hey, wait up!"

Sandy checked the time. It was about two in the afternoon. She then checked the map. The next city that cut between them and Planktopolis 2 was Marlin Marina, a beautiful town bordering Seaweed Sea, a large body of green goo that had an astonishingly reflective surface. She showed SpongeBob, “Lookie here, SpongeBob. The next town is Marlin Marina. It’s only about a mile away. Can you see Seaweed Sea from here?” She pointed at the large green mirror-like body of water. SpongeBob gasped in awe and said, “Hey, I know this place! My parents used to take me here every summer when I was a kid. I’ve always wanted to go here with a friend ever since, but nobody wanted to go with me.” Sandy looked at him guiltily, knowing that she was most likely one of the friends that kept turning him down. Avoiding another breakdown into depression, she offered, “I’d like to go with ya’ll this coming summer. Maybe bring Patrick as well to provide entertainment.” SpongeBob said, “I’d love to take you, Sandy. Unfortunately, I can’t take Patrick because he was banned from the town. He thought he was drowning because he saw his reflection in the goo. He then panicked and destroyed half the town screaming for help.” SpongeBob started laughing. Sandy joined in. They really enjoyed their time together.

SpongeBob and Sandy were telling jokes to each other. They had been walking for over an hour. Sandy asked, “Okay. Okay. Here’s one. What’s another name for a French cook?” SpongeBob snickered, “What?” Sandy answered, “A French fry!” The two started laughing again. They stopped when SpongeBob slammed into a sign. It read, “Welcome to Sunny Marlin Marina! Don’t Just Experience the Sea, Live the Sea!” Sandy stared at the sign then glanced at the town. The town was almost completely destroyed. Buildings were toppled. The roads were filled with cracks and craters. There was no sign of life. SpongeBob sighed, “So much for visiting this place soon.” Sandy sighed too, “Yeah. This place looked so pretty on the map. I also looked forward to coming with ya’ll here.” They started looking around. There was no sign of robots anywhere. SpongeBob and Sandy both feared an ambush. Like in the last town, they crept around corners for any movement.

All of a sudden, Sandy heard footsteps. Three fish were running and screaming, “WATCH OUT! ROBOT ATTACK! GET OUT OF HERE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!” SpongeBob and Sandy turned around and gasped at the sight. Over forty robots appeared. They were large, had laser eyes, and had machine guns or cannons for arms. SpongeBob and Sandy gulped. SpongeBob asked, “Sandy, do you think we can take them?” Sandy shook her head, “I’m honestly not sure, SpongeBob.” The robots then started running towards the two. SpongeBob screamed and Sandy made a karate stance. SpongeBob ran to the left as about a dozen robots chased him. Sandy climbed on one robot and punched at its chest multiple times before opening it up. She tore off its cannon arm and fired at two other robots running at her. She grabbed the arm of another and shot three more before slamming the robot to the ground, causing it to explode on impact with the ground. She growled as more came at her, “Who else wants a piece of me?!” She started running at the robots as fast as she could.

SpongeBob climbed a standing building and pulled out his spatula. He jumped down and slashed the head of one robot in half. He batted an arm away and slashed another robot’s head off. He got hit by another, but recovered quickly and sliced its machine gun arm off with his spatula. He hesitantly shot at two more that ran his way, losing his balance by the recoil of the large gun and his inability to carry it. He got up and panted while another robot started firing its cannon at him. SpongeBob barely dodged it and took cover inside the standing building. He spotted a family, scared for their lives and huddling in a corner. The father pointed at SpongeBob and asked, “Are you SpongeBob Squarepants, savior of the town of Bikini Bottom?” SpongeBob nodded, “Yeah, I’m SpongeBob.” The father begged, “Thank Neptune! We’re saved! Mr. Squarepants, can you help evacuate me and my family? This town is done for!” SpongeBob said, “Sure, but we better hurry. Robots are right outside. Let’s get out the back door.” The father motioned his family out of the back door. He then ran out the front door to confront the robots again.

Sandy finished defeating all of the robots sent after her. She placed her hands on her knees and panted. She beat over twenty robots, all with guns. She started looking around the area for SpongeBob. She gasped as SpongeBob was facing about six more robots. She ran to help him. As soon as she arrived, SpongeBob got hit by a cannon, causing him to fly into the standing building, losing consciousness in the process. Then a robot fired its cannon at the building, causing it to collapse on top of him. Sandy gasped and sprinted towards the building. As soon as she arrived at the scene, she shook her head in disbelief. She started moving the debris desperately. As she digged franticly at the destroyed building in search for her SpongeBob, she said, “No! Please! SpongeBob! Please be alive! Please! I love you! PLEASE!” Suddenly, her ears shot up as the robots all said, “Operation Eliminate SpongeBob Successful.” Tears appeared in Sandy’s eyes. She had no reason to live anymore now that SpongeBob was gone. She knelt down at the site where SpongeBob was killed, sobbing silently. She whispered, “I never got to tell him. I should’ve told him.. I should have told him.. that… I loved him.” Suddenly, a robot grabbed and cuffed her arms. The robot said, “Operation Capture the Squirrel Successful.” Sandy stayed knelt down on the debris. She knew it was no use resisting. She lost hope in the world, and she had no more motivation nor the strength to carry on anymore. The robots then rolled away with Sandy in custody to rendezvous with Robo-Commander at nearby Sardine Sauna. Sandy started sobbing silently again, mourning that SpongeBob was dead. All hope was lost.

Little did Sandy nor anyone else know that, under the rubble SpongeBob laid in, a faint glow appeared. SpongeBob was the Pure Spirit, and he unknowingly sacrificed his life for the family that was trapped in the standing building by evacuating them before the robots toppled the building over. After SpongeBob was killed by being crushed by the building, Sandy then desperately tried to dig him out, silently wept mourning him, and confessed her love to him while mourning. By these actions, though they didn’t know it yet, Sandy had revived SpongeBob, which proved that Sandy was SpongeBob’s true love.

Hope you enjoyed! Chapter 11: SpongeBob Returns! will be up soon. Stay tuned!

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
Spongetron Robotpants said:
This sounds cool.
Thanks. I'm trying to make this seem real and more serious, like a finale.

More_Spongebob said:
Can't wait! How many more chapters?
Based on what I have left, my expectation is 5 more chapters and an epilogue. Stay tuned. I should be done by Mid-March.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Do Plankton's robots look anything like the Micro-Managers in The LEGO Movie? I don't know why, but I guess I just imagine they'd look something like that. :|

Back