Fortnite

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Since there isn't an actual topic for this game yet, what do you guys think of it? I personally like to play it with friends, even have gotten the battle pass for the past 3 seasons.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
It's an okay game. Fun with friends but that's about it.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Moisty Merman is the best skin and no one can convince me otherwise.

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
JqypJoi.gif

^ How I feel about trying Fortnite, lol

In all seriousness, I've been wanting to try Fortnite, but I don't have a current gen console. All I have is my iPhone, and mobile gaming isn't always the best.

I've been looking into getting a code for GeForce Now so I can play it on my MacBook. The Fortnite client for Mac is trash.

edit: how many times did I misspell "fortnite" originally in this post? the world may never know!

Mantis

killer queen best stand
@[member='JCM']

I'm not the best at it, but I still have fun with it. Fortnite just means something to me that I can't explain even if I wanted to.

Bianca

Dreamlover
I am terrible at the game... :sweat: Creative is pretty fun.

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
After playing it for a little bit, I have found that Fortnite has a large skill gap. I suppose that's generally the point of a battle royale style of game, but it makes learning how to play the game pretty difficult when a new person (such as myself) dies mere minutes into a round. Epic is going to have to do something to help address this in order to continue having new players join the game. One solution is skill-based matchmaking... However, that runs into a sticky situation. Every game I've ever heard of that utilized skill-based matchmaking either dwindled in userbase or died altogether. It punishes those who rank at the top. I wonder how Epic plans on addressing this.

If I'm online, I'll probably be playing in either Playground or Creative modes because Solo is too difficult for me to get into.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
@[member='TattleTale Strangler']

It took me at least a season and a half to get me where I am now. I'm sure you could too, it doesn't take a lot to learn the tricks of how to play. And I did it without having to play solo much.

Bianca

Dreamlover
TattleTale Strangler said:
After playing it for a little bit, I have found that Fortnite has a large skill gap. I suppose that's generally the point of a battle royale style of game, but it makes learning how to play the game pretty difficult when a new person (such as myself) dies mere minutes into a round. Epic is going to have to do something to help address this in order to continue having new players join the game. One solution is skill-based matchmaking... However, that runs into a sticky situation. Every game I've ever heard of that utilized skill-based matchmaking either dwindled in userbase or died altogether. It punishes those who rank at the top. I wonder how Epic plans on addressing this.

If I'm online, I'll probably be playing in either Playground or Creative modes because Solo is too difficult for me to get into.
This reminds me of League of Legends where they had a similar issue of top players discouraging beginners. How they fixed the issue is that they have free play and matchmaking based on rank. Maybe Fortnite could incorporate what League did.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
I got used to Fortnite after a few matches. Luckily they had the 50v50 mode back when i started so i tried that one out instead of the usual modes. It really helped me improve a lot. Overall its a great game, despite having a relatively difficult learning curve for some.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I've played it a little with my brother.. can be fun. I'm pretty awful at shooters though to begin with. Probably wouldn't play it much on my own but it can be fun to play with others

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
abney317 said:
I've played it a little with my brother.. can be fun. I'm pretty awful at shooters though to begin with. Probably wouldn't play it much on my own but it can be fun to play with others
I challenge you to n64 Goldeneye

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Fortnite is a good game to play. I do struggle at times but I am improving.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I've never been a big fan of the game, but I do see the appeal. I just don't get into TF2-style battle arena shooters, I prefer to play games by myself.

Back