First trailer revealed!

Supmandude said:
Sherm Cohen said on Twitter that he's excited to see one of his drawings (for the first movie) re-imagined in CG for the new movie.

Bt-LrQ-CQAEnFI3.jpg

https://twitter.com/ShermCohen/status/495268060182241280

Personally, I am too. I'm really glad that the animation is actually focusing on matching what the artists drew their expressions to be and not just making them generic. (I know this part isn't actually going to be in the movie, but the animation in the film itself looks just as good from what we've seen so far.) :)
that's actually pretty neat.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
Personally, I am too. I'm really glad that the animation is actually focusing on matching what the artists drew their expressions to be and not just making them generic. (I know this part isn't actually going to be in the movie, but it still applies to the other scenes we've seen.) :)
The way they animate the expressions on the CG characters is so similar to the way they're animated in 2D and it really helps to make the transition between the two styles more natural. It's hard to describe, but when SpongeBob is talking to Patrick in this scene, for example, they animate a sideways mouth with his top lip hanging over like it would in a 2D scene. It looks nice.

TpE5uDm.png

11th

Moby Dollar
CowBob RanchPants said:
My only problem with this (besides a possible lack of emotional build up that could happen, which I don't mind too much since this is an adventure/comedy) are the CGI models' texture. It looks too doughy, I know they're more cartoonish than anything but I would have like to had saw the porous holes of a real sponge or the bumps on a real starfish, Sandy with realer looking hair. But you know, in moderation. The poster for the movie somewhat did this though.

Edit: Looking at some close ups, I can see a lot more detail. So Never mind.
Don't worry too much about buildup yet. This is only two minutes of a ~90 minute film, and some of the scenes have been taken out of context anyway.

Yeah, the details a little tough to see with the video quality, but they're there. They all kinda' look like little stop-mo puppets running around, except with smoother animation. :>

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
Kerststol said:
I don't like the trailer.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the movie looks awesome. It looks superb. I'm not hopeful about this movie anymore. I'm confident. It looks stunning, funny, creative, it's just great. Banderas looks nice, the CGI looks nice, I can't see a hole in the movie yet.

But the trailer is really poorly made. Waaaay too much exposition.
^This

PatStar2000 said:
From YouTube:

• WOW. They are desperately trying to keep this franchise alive. Just put it out of its misery, this look horrendous. 
  • Looks lame like all of the new SpongeBob episodes.

• Literally can't understand how people think this seems like a good movie and redeems Spongebob from all those terrible seasons. This trailer was as ::dolphin noise:: as the new Spongebob episodes. 
Not too surprised about this. :P
Are they kidding? This is the best SpongeBob has been since Pranks-A-Lot. That's what matters the most to me.

DadMom AngryPants said:
The relatively small number of negative comments I have seen mainly fall into several categories:
  • Korra fans who are bitter because Korra got a raw deal and SpongeBob is getting a movie.
  • Parents bragging about how their kids aren't allowed to watch SpongeBob because it's a bad influence.
  • People who don't want it to be CG.
  • People who just don't like it for whatever reason.
  • 4chan.
But the overall reaction has been very positive. "SpongeBob SquarePants" is still the top Facebook trend, and almost all of the tweets I've read reacting to the movie are people who think it's funny and/or cute. There's a good atmosphere right now; people are excited about this movie.
A lot of pre-movie only fans are excited for this movie too.

DadMom AngryPants said:
The way they animate the expressions on the CG characters is so similar to the way they're animated in 2D and it really helps to make the transition between the two styles more natural. It's hard to describe, but when he's talking to Patrick in this scene, for example, they animate a sideways mouth with his top lip hanging over like it would in a 2D scene. It looks nice.

TpE5uDm.png
Are you kidding me, DMAP? That looks BETTER than most of the 2D animation since at least, 2006. Well, in my opinion anyways. :p That 3D reminds me SO much of Mid-on Season 2 & Season 3 facial expressions, which is just great.

PatStar2000 said:
One of my biggest concerns for the movie was how people would feel about the change. Lots of people online that I've seen are not fans of change, so I was a little nervous when we found out that SpongeBob & his friends would be overseas for parts of the movie.
Haha, take their opinions for crap. They're probably unlike the majority of post-movie critics -- yes, the post-movie critics who still enjoy tons of post-movie episodes.

BubbleBud said:
^This

Are they kidding? This is the best SpongeBob has been since Pranks-A-Lot. That's what matters the most to me.

A lot of pre-movie only fans are excited for this movie too.

Are you kidding me, DMAP? That looks BETTER than most of the 2D animation since at least, 2006. Well, in my opinion anyways. :P That 3D reminds me SO much of Mid-on Season 2 & Season 3 facial expressions, which is just great.
Exactly! Most pre-movie only fans are pretty hyped for the movie.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Everyone forgets Winnie the Pooh 2011. It was in 2D. But Sponge Out of Water is very promising! :)

Cha

I love SBM
DadMom AngryPants said:
The way they animate the expressions on the CG characters is so similar to the way they're animated in 2D and it really helps to make the transition between the two styles more natural. It's hard to describe, but when he's talking to Patrick in this scene, for example, they animate a sideways mouth with his top lip hanging over like it would in a 2D scene. It looks nice.

TpE5uDm.png
SpongeBob being able to express frowns or whatever you can call it without the use of cheeks is already pre/earlier post material. <3 I love it. It brings me back.

xxU666C.png

(Though I'm more willing to except this one because he's doing something silly anyways, so his face matches his whimsical action.)

I love how it's not like this too.
Spongebob-560x315.jpg

(Sometimes I wonder if this even matters and it probably doesn't. :P )

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
E.V.I.L said:
Exactly! Most pre-movie only fans are pretty hyped for the movie.
I know a lot of them and most indeed are. I know I am, it's exciting and I'm hyped up.

Cenosin_

Part Computer or Something
I"s like good, but I don"t understand the 3D specially in the underwater and te supepowers.
Is reales the traielr in my birthday, ¡wow!!

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Supmandude said:
Sherm Cohen said on Twitter that he's excited to see one of his drawings (for the first movie) re-imagined in CG for the new movie.

Bt-LrQ-CQAEnFI3.jpg

https://twitter.com/ShermCohen/status/495268060182241280

Personally, I am too. I'm really glad that the animation is actually focusing on matching what the artists drew their expressions to be and not just making them generic. (I know this part isn't actually going to be in the movie, but the animation in the film itself looks just as good from what we've seen so far.) :)
Is that the same exact one used from the first movie manager announcement? It looks like Squidward's there in the storyboard so I'm just wondering.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
When SpongeBob plays the tiny piano, he strikes two separate keys in succession, yet they produce two clearly identical tones. I mean, what, are we to believe that this is some sort of magic piano or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
DadMom AngryPants said:
When SpongeBob plays the tiny piano, he strikes two separate keys in succession, yet they produce two clearly identical tones. I mean, what, are we to believe that this is some sort of magic piano or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
OH MY GOD!!!!!! PLOTHOLEZZZZZZ. DIS MOVIES RUINED ALREADY CUZ UF ONE SCEEEN!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH, I KNEW PAUL TIBET WOULD SCREW THIS MOVIE UP EVEN WITH HILLENBURGER BACK.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
DadMom AngryPants said:
Weren't they right next to each other though? Plus it's a small piano so it shouldn't sound that different to begin with.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!! PLOTHOLEZZZZZZ. DIS MOVIES RUINED ALREADY CUZ UF ONE SCEEEN!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH, I KNEW PAUL TIBBITT WOULD SCREW THIS MOVIE UP EVEN WITH HILLENBURGER BACK.
I KNOW! THEY PROBLY GOAT CASEY ALEZANDER TO MAKE THET PART!! ALL HOPE FOR MOVIE LOST!!!!!!!!

lol hillenburger

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Grubby Grouper said:
I KNOW! THEY PROBLY GOAT CASEY ALEZANDER TO MAKE THET PART!! ALL HOPE FOR MOVIE LOST!!!!!!!!

lol hillenburger
I'm curious as to how many people know that Casey didn't even work on this movie and that a bunch of writers left during the 8th season so they're obviously not working on this movie either. I bet there's someone out there who seriously thinks Casey had some kind of involvement with this film.

Back