First official movie poster

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Nygaard said:
It's a pretty iconic image, I'm very surprised some of you didn't realize it right away.
You have to remember that a lot of us don't live in the US so we won't have seen it before. I'd never even heard of Coppertone as a brand before looking it up.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
DadMom AngryPants said:
Did it sound like it's actually going to be released? As in, is it a real, complete poster or an alternative concept that ultimately wasn't used? CGI/2D/sketch?

This description sounds interesting. SpongeBob and Plankton running away? I wonder if this means they are on the same side. Were they running away from the rest of the gang, or was everybody running away together?
2D, Alternate concept that wasn't used. It looked like SpongeBob and Plankton were running away from the rest of the gang, but maybe it seems like that just because they were really far ahead. I'm going to go and look for the picture.
EDIT: Okay, I need an FB account, and I don't want one, so I need to go onto a different computer. This could take a while.
EDIT 2: It's not on his account for some reason. I think I need to look at every FB post for yesterday.
EDIT 3: Okay. I can't get it today because I need my mom to take a screenshot and email it to me, so it should be up this afternoon.

Okay, since I can't get it, if somebody on here becomes friends with Robert Ryan Cory on Facebook, you should be able to see it. I'll try to post it again this afternoon.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
PhilipB said:
How thin are his arms?! Yeah I don't like the CGI.
I think the arms look too angular and not rounded enough. Other than that, I don't mind this that much especially since I've seen a lot worse done with CG (Yogi Bear Movie, cough cough and who can forget all those Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. Blech!). Hopefully the 2D animation still ends up being great and better than what's used on the show now with layouts being done.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I think the arms look too angular and not rounded enough. Other than that, I don't mind this that much especially since I've seen a lot worse done with CG (Yogi Bear Movie, cough cough and who can forget all those Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. Blech!). Hopefully the 2D animation still ends up being great and better than what's used on the show now with layouts being done.
They seemed to get several new people in for layouts so I'm confident that the 2D animation will be better than the show. Would be cool if some of them stayed after the movie as well, since some of the old crew left.

Fondue Pot

Delicious
This looks nice! I don't really like the title though, it could cause come confusion with the first and second movie.

here it is in spanish
spongebobmovie2-posteresp.jpg

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
DadMom AngryPants said:
They seemed to get several new people in for layouts so I'm confident that the 2D animation will be better than the show. Would be cool if some of them stayed after the movie as well, since some of the old crew left.
Yeah that's pretty cool how they got other big names in animation to help out with the film. Would love to see what they would bring to the show if that were to happen.

11th

Moby Dollar
Well, it's not completely horrible. I do have some issues with the model, though, and the lighting is a bit dodgy. The different elements in the poster weren't pulled together perfectly, either. (The lighting in the foreground doesn't match the background, and where the heck is that tree coming from? The scales don't match.)

It's likely that most of this won't be a problem in the film, though. They should already have the base from the video, and we probably won't be seeing the models up this close and this clearly, excluding maybe a handful of shots. I just hope that they can handle a lot of squash and stretch well, especially SpongeBob's model. (Though if they don't do much squishing in the first place I'll be upset.)

Cha

I love SBM
This poster always looks like SB is the size of a human, I think it's because of the angle of the shoreline. It should be a lot lower since SB is so small. I'm pretty sure the first movie looked more proportional when they were on the beach.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
CowBob RanchPants said:
This poster always looks like SB is the size of a human, I think it's because of the angle of the shoreline. It should be a lot lower since SB is so small. I'm pretty sure the first movie looked more proportional when they were on the beach.
I'm guessing they made him bigger for the purpose of parodying that ad.

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
I can only imagine what Spongebob's reaction to this was.
"WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MY CRACK?"

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
Ling-Ling said:
I can only imagine what Spongebob's reaction to this was.
"WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MY CRACK?"
I knew someone was going to make a North reference out of this poster sooner or later! In fact, that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it originally instead of the Coppertone ad (seriously, something like that really exists?).

The Drifter

Some person.
I see what you did there (from Wikipedia)

The film's first teaser poster was released on June 10, 2014, along with the announcement of its new title, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.[21] The poster is a nod to the famous Coppertone sunscreen advertisements from the 1950s, in which a dog is seen pulling the bikini bottom off of a blonde girl.[79][80]

Back