FireyFist's Top 100

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
Alright, I've been on this site for almost a month and this may be premature, but considering I have a top 100 list I've had since before joining, I figured I might as well start a top 100 list on here. I'll be posting the episode title, what I like about it, and the best moment(s).

Without further ado, here goes.

100. Welcome to the Chum Bucket

Why do I like this episode? Well, for starters, it's nice to see SpongeBob stand up for himself and say no for once (without needing an abrasive side). There were several funny scenes in here, but really, I would be lying if I said the reason this episode made my list is anything other than the song. That song makes me crack up every time I watch it. Much like Sweet Victory and Gary Come Home, it's both funny and somewhat serious, making it just a very entertaining thing to watch. And that alone boosts this episode into my top 100 (don't worry, I'll have more to say about the majority of the next 99).

Best Moment: A grill, is a grill......

Hint for #99: You're a dirty boy

FireyFistOPain

99. The Battle of Bikini Bottom

This is a great example of gross out working. It's nasty, but SB realizes it's nasty. And it's not Patrick eating a diaper/splinter/toenail scene nasty either, it's reasonable. The visual gags really work well here. I thought the scenes with the reenacters were hilarious, albeit a tad offensive to actual reenacters. The ending kind of reminds me of Fry Cook Games, with SB and Pat making up and all. Overall just a great concept well executed.

Best Moments: the ending, Patrick getting cleaned up, dialogue of the reenacters

Hint for #98: SB getting fired in an episode done RIGHT

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
Model Sponge? Also, I really agree with you on the battle of bikini bottom.

FireyFistOPain

Model Sponge? Also, I really agree with you on the battle of bikini bottom.

98. Karate Choppers

This is a simple episode. Very simple premise, but it works well- not as memorably as some later on this list, but still well. SpongeBob is actually accountable for his actions when Mr Krabs catches him doing karate, and the ending is nicely put together (before the whole "the plot ends with Mr Krabs making money off the original issue" thing got clichéd with Fungus Among Us, The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, Bucket Sweet Bucket, etc). There's really not much more to say about this one- just a solid episode. The pacing works, the characters are likable. It's far from the best, but it's a good episode.

Best Moment: SpongeBob and Sandy not being able to avoid karate

Hint for #97: underground

Spongeicus

Floating Shopping List
FireyFistOPain said:

98. Karate Choppers

This is a simple episode. Very simple premise, but it works well- not as memorably as some later on this list, but still well. SpongeBob is actually accountable for his actions when Mr Krabs catches him doing karate, and the ending is nicely put together (before the whole "the plot ends with Mr Krabs making money off the original issue" thing got clichéd with Fungus Among Us, The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom, Bucket Sweet Bucket, etc). There's really not much more to say about this one- just a solid episode. The pacing works, the characters are likable. It's far from the best, but it's a good episode.

Best Moment: SpongeBob and Sandy not being able to avoid karate

Hint for #97: underground
That Sinking Feeling?

FireyFistOPain

97. Chum Caverns

I took a while to write this because I haven't seen it in a while, but I just find this episode very fun to watch. First of all, it creates a very cool new place within SB's world, something that usually works very well (Rock Bottom, Band Geeks (Bubble Bowl), Shanghaied, The Fry Cook Games, Pizza Delivery/Club SpongeBob (the wilderness), etc). The plot is stellar and it's fun to see Plankton- for a little while- succeed. I have very little to say about this one except that it's just overall enjoyable. The jokes are alright and the pacing is a lot better than most of season 6.

Best Moment: finding the caverns

Hint for #96: theatrical

FireyFistOPain

Might as well just do it now

96. Culture Shock

This episode... The way I see it, it used to be overrated, and then, due to years of everyone saying it was overrated, consequentially became underrated. This isn't as classic as many season one episodes, but it is a very solid episode. The humor works, the Squidward torture isn't overdone like in The Play's The Thing (though it is part of the reason why this episode isn't higher), the bikini bottomites are stupid but not mean, and everything just comes together. It's a classic case of SpongeBob being randomly good at something, a formula that used to be used fairly often. It was also a pretty original episode- at the time, it was a pretty fresh idea. That's about all I can say.

Best Moment: Gary's poem

Hint for #95: NAKED

FireyFistOPain

95. The Algae's Always Greener

A classic season 3 episode. I used to dislike this episode, but upon watching it again, it hits on pretty much every joke, setting the pace for a very enjoyable experience. Plankton realizes that he doesn't have it as bad as he could, and learns to appreciate what he has, which is a good moral, something that recent episodes seem to often be missing. The pacing is perfect, it never becomes boring, and it just works.

Best Moment: SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!

Hint for #94: flying ice cream truck

Back