Favourite era of Pixar

Favourite Pixar era

• Modern era(s) (2011-present)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I’ve been getting through the older Pixar film recently, and gosh did they change a lot over their first couple years. So much so that dividing their classic years (almost always said to be from Toy Story (1995) to Toy Story 3 (2010)) was easy.

The early Classic era consists of the first two Toy Story movies and A Bug’s Life, all made at the original building in Richmond. This was a tough period where each movie had a troubled production to varying degrees, but it all paid off when each one released.

The middle of the Classic era had Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Cars. These were made as Pixar moved to Emeryville, and developed a high reputation in the mainstream, but also fought with Eisner in his final days at Disney.

The late Classic era was when Ratatouille, WALL.E, Up and Toy Story 3 were released, all being advertised and released after Iger became the head of Disney, and purchased Pixar.

The studio’s output since Cars 2 in 2011 has been less consistently acclaimed, but there’s some good stuff every now and again like Inside Out, Coco, Finding Dory and Incredibles 2 (depending on how much you felt the latter two needed to be made).

Getting to Ratatouille, I realised just how much I love the later Classic era. The characters are always great, the animation is glorious, and those stories are just beautifully soulful.

What do you think was the best time to be a Pixar fan?

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I voted late classic... love me some Ratatouille, WALL-E, and Up.

Same. I loved what I watched of Up, watched Ratatouille multiple times, and Toy Story 3 is my favorite of the trilogy (yup, still two months left where I can call it that before it becomes a quadrilogy :p ).

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
How can I pick? I grew up on the entire "Classic" era.

Although I love Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and their ilk, if pressed I think that Pixar's first three features (Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2) are absolute gems, both in terms of their stories and the technological benchmarks they broke.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Mid Classic. i like Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles

i also like the first two Toy Story movies, Ratatouille and Incredibles 2

Back