Favorite Video Game?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
Yeah, you got a point. It was kind of nice if you didn't want to get frustrated at the game, but it's hard for me to get frustrated at Kirby games. It would have least presented some challenge if it let you lose lives. But I'm pretty sure every time you die, you lose some beads, so I guess that doesn't make the game too easy. But... yeah it's pretty easy.

Either way, it was kind of my first Kirby game and I found it charming! I haven't played it in years and I might replay it sometime this week. My favorite part of the game is where you can decorate your house, I spent hours making my house look so colorful when I first got this game! It was fun, also the soundtrack's pretty neat too!
I liked the game itself yes, I love the design, it's just during the Wii, Nintendo made quite a few games easy to appeal to more people, because that's what the Wii did. I still have it, plus there is Return to Dreamland which is harder, so I am not mad at all with this.

FinnDinner said:
I liked the game itself yes, I love the design, it's just during the Wii, Nintendo made quite a few games easy to appeal to more people, because that's what the Wii did. I still have it, plus there is Return to Dreamland which is harder, so I am not mad at all with this.
That's true, the Wii was for more casual gamers and that's what lured a lot of families and people who don't normally play games in, it was a good strategy, in fact: the Wii is what introduced me to gaming in the first place! :laughsquid:
Also, another favorite game to add to my list is Dr. Mario. I love that game. The version I played is the Game Boy version, but I technically played it on the 3DS with Virtual Console. :sweat:

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
My all time favorite video game is Scooby Doo! Night Of 100 Frights! This game was one of my first PS2 games, and I always found this game super fun. I have played this game hundreds of times and have beat it many times. This is a video game that I can play over and over again without being bored. :D

Scooby-Doo-Night-of-100-Frights-Sony-PlayStation-2.jpg

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
My all time favorite video game is Scooby Doo! Night Of 100 Frights! This game was one of my first PS2 games, and I always found this game super fun. I have played this game hundreds of times and have beat it many times. This is a video game that I can play over and over again without being bored. :D

Scooby-Doo-Night-of-100-Frights-Sony-PlayStation-2.jpg
Fun fact : This game was made by Heavy Iron who also made Battle for Bikini Bottom.

TexasSponge

Floating Shopping List
Birds858 said:
Fun fact : This game was made by Heavy Iron who also made Battle for Bikini Bottom.
Yep. :sbhappy: The Movie Game was also made by Heavy Iron Studios, so was Truth Or Square. Heavy Iron Studios made some great games.

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
I have a few but the one I'm going to choose is Team Fortress 2. Even though I don't play it anymore (or any video game in general really), it's the one that I've spent the most hour on (aside from OW) and my first introduction to steam and online gaming in general. I have many memories of it, from moments where I done something unbelievable through coincidences or just laughing at the stupidity happening with everyone in some servers. And made some interesting, fun friends, which, all of them except one, I sadly don't talk to anymore.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
Favorite video game you say? that's a bit hard to say but if I had to choose it would be any of the following:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Metroid Prime
Metal Gear Solid
SSB Melee
Sonic Adventure 2

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
They aren't just legendary, they're a god.
I won’t say that Heavy Iron are the best developers in the world, they clearly make bad games like Fat City or Family Guy : Back to the Multiverse. I would also that Truth or Square was rushed in a way that Heavy Iron recycled a lot of content of the two previous games and just add it in a new game without adding too much original things in the game.

Anyway, it’s interesting to know that they co-developped South Park: The Stick of Truth, Epic Mickey 2 and the three Disney Infinity games.

Super Mario Odyssey is my personal favorite due to its innovation, easiness to get into, movement, and much more. It's also a great speedrunning game too.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
FinnDinner said:
Very interesting how you prefer Odyssey's camera over Sunshine's when they both feature the same type of camera movement, with a stick. Could you share what exactly differentiates one over the other? Not trying to push anything, but just for the sake of discussion :sweat:.
I didn't forget this.

I've played several levels/worlds of Odyssey and the camera just seems to move a lot smoother than it did in Sunshine when I'm trying to view above or around me. I know sometimes my hands shake a little but it's not as sensitive.

The "moons" in Odyssey are definitely challenging to get but still easier than Sunshine, imo.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Platformer: Sonic, Mega Man, Rayman Spongebob, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak

Fighting: Mortal Kombat (up to Armageddon), Street Fighter II, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and SoulCalibur III (only on PS2)

RPG: Phantasy Star 4, Shining Force, Final Fantasy X-2 and Dragon Quest 8

Sports: Tony Hawk Series on PS2 and Hot Shots Golf

Simulation: The Sims

Action Adv: Any Konami Games like Castelvania

Back