Favorite to least favorite seasons

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
2>3>1>4>5>9a>8>6>7
I’m not adding 9b despite its exciting placement, because I’m not finished with it yet. Granted when I’m done, I won’t bother with the 9a/9b shtick. If Nickelodeon treats it all as the same season, so will I.

Prime Jedi

Imitation Krab
Season 2 10/10
Season 3 10/10
Season 9b 9.5/10
Season 1 9/10
Season 5 8/10
Season 4 8/10
Season 10 8/10
Season 9a 7/10
Season 8 6.5/10
Season 6 5/10
Season 7 4/10

Haven't gotten to watching Season 11 yet, so the only episode I've watched is Doodle Dimension, which was fantastic.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Season 3

Season 2

Season 1

Season 4

Season 11

Season 10

Season 9

Season 7

Season 8

Season 6

I'm counting season 9 as one season altogether, I don't really feel like splitting it up.

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I'm not going to include Season 11 because I've barely seen anything from that season to make a stance on such.

Season 2 - best and most solid season in my opinion.

Season 1- All these episodes I've loved ever since I was little and they still hold up just the same. And since these ideas of season 1 were the first time being used and introduced they stand as great starting points. Along with some very interesting one off concepts that they have never come back to. Also I'm just very nostalgic for the old 90s/2000s look the season gives off.

Season 3- only because near the second half of the season (starting with UGH and thereafter), there seemed to be a shift in quality which when looking back through a nostalgic lens I do enjoy, but it is not the type of material that is basked in glory. The second half of season 3 is more of a precedent of what there is to come.

Season 4- Remember watching this season when it first came out vividly and for the most part except the hype surrounding best day ever and some of the ones of the latter and not to mention Good Neighbors which as little kid did disturb me. This season 4 has some great comedy and great episodes that specifically do feel like a transition period from pre to post movie. As a kid I was greatly terrified of Fear of the Krabby Patty- (it was pretty bad) but now I can appreciate the episode. Some of my favorite post movie episodes are from this season.

Season 10- Loved and was able to enjoy most of the episodes was this season. I felt like the pacing of these episodes were brought back up to par. And more quality content and more unpredictable stories rather than snoozefest filler or uncompelling tales. First time in a while I remember being wow this is actually funny and imo Feral Friends is one of the best episodes this show has produced in a very long time. Yes the vibe of season 10 is much different than any other season- and with the new facial expressions it feels like a different show at times, but I like what this season is all about because it has it's own sense of style and story at least as much as a spongebob season can.

Season 9 and Season 5 are pretty close in rankings for me some i'm just going to bunch them together. For me they were both a mixed bag with some very good episodes and then plenty of episodes I never cared for. Not much to say for either of them. They both have some gems like Friend or Foe and Plankton's Pet that I believe are great additions to the series as a whole. But both of these seasons are not consistent.

Season 8- Not as nauseating as the other two remaining seasons. Just very bland in my opinion. This the season that for the earlier part of the season that I did not care to tune into. Then around 2012 I started watching again and even then the only ones I can really say I LOVED was Chum Fricassee and Planet of the Jellyfish. There was some others around that time that were semi decent as well but those are primarily the only two that I can remember specifically loving.

Season 6- Just the attitude that this whole season has is pretty trashy. Lots of unneeded gross outs and close ups and mistakes. A very mean spirited season with only a couple of 'good' episodes. But even the good episodes are not up to par with the quality of previous seasons. It felt like a lack luster season that was just trying to scrape by .Some of the worst squidward episodes to date IMO and I just can't take the idiocy of SpongeBob and Patrick this season.

Season 7- A rehash of season 6 with even less original ideas than before. Also the season of plankton disguises as _____ to steal the formula. Gets pretty old pretty quick. Plus the legends of bikini bottom was a big waste of time. I don't know why I thought buying the season DVD was a good idea but I really regret it. Not many episodes to come back to.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Here's my reasoning:

Season 3: It's one of my favorites of any show and will always be. Season 3 had the most mediocre and bad episodes from my list, yet I still find myself coming back. Half of my top ten best SB episodes come from Season 3. The animation, in my opinion, is the best out of the nonHD seasons. This is also the funniest season for me. I know some people say it went downhill, and it kind of did towards the end, but it still has great episodes at the end of the season like The Camping Episode and SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, so yeah I do think the entire season is solid, and perfected what SpongeBob was. They experimented more with this, and I honestly respect all of their attempts, even PPP.

Season 2: Very awesome season. It may not be my favorite, but I completely understand anyone who thinks it is. It has the least mediocre and bad episodes for me, and it's high points are pretty high. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's highs (for the most part) are as high as Season 3's on average. I found myself debating on quite a few episodes whether or not it would be Great or Good. However there is a flip side, this season has some amazing episodes, like Band Geeks and Graveyard Shift. It's also home to my (tied with KKTV) favorite episode- The Smoking Peanut. I love this season a lot, and it goes hand in hand with Season 3, they are good partner seasons.

Season 1: My least favorite pre-movie season, but I respect it a lot. This season is where it all began, where all the writers where getting their groove, they don't have any previous ideas to fall back on, no new plot types, it's all brand new. This season tried a few cool ideas like SB-129, Sleepy Time, and Rock Bottom. You could tell they had limited idea, and what they did here is amazing, and it should never be doubted. Long live Season 1, you deserve everything you've gotten.

Season 4: Yes, the first of many sad seasons, however, unlike Season 3, I do definitely think the first half was way stronger than the second. The first half not only has some of the best episodes, but avoids having the worst. The first half or 3/8th is something that's pretty nice. The second half just makes it kind of sad for me. I really appreciate what this season tried, but it is the beginning of the semi-end, but it still is the beginning, it's not as bad as what to come.

Season 9b: The second half of this season is comendable. Stephen Hillenburg's return was noticed. It tried to keep away from past mistakes made by it's predecessors and I like it. I think it's around the same as Season 4, though. It still isn't pre-movie and it does show, but what it does for itself is pretty good. The characters feel a lot better in this than in the last ones and it's very refreshing. I like this half-season.

Season 11: A new approach, the latest season tries new things. Some are cool, while some are just really weird. If I had to give advice to this one, I'd say, there's a difference between being different and just being strange. Some of it's attempts feel more like shock value than actual good-hearted comedy. I do like the fan service, if it isn't blown out of proportion. So far, it's Good-OK/Mediocre range, hoping the rest of this one can be pretty solid.

Season 5: You know, it has the lowest lows of the first five, and is considered by some to be the start of the dark era, but I just can't call it that. It really has some great ones in here. And those greats, feel so awesome, because the characters fit very well and feel pre-movie, and it's just so nice to watch. Of course, on the flip side, some of these episodes are so bad, the 83 trilogy really paints this one bad. I think this season's low points are something the previous season's just don't put out. It's the start of really bad to come, but it does have some nice things to it. I like the short episodes it tried, really makes this season stand out.

Season 10: A nice collection of episodes. I haven't seen a lot of them, just because they sound so strange compared to 9b, that I just didn't. I never got too many greats out of this, but I didn't get that many bads. It just hovered a little bit above average. It's a fine season, I really have not much else to say, good attempt.

Season 9a: It's a little bit better than the dark era, and this is like the closing light. It has some pretty dark eraish episodes, but I feel like they're diminishing and it's kind of ending. A lot of this feels like just a continuation of Season 8, but it has a few less scraps, but not too many really awesome episodes. It does have a few, keep in mind, but it doesn't have too many, and some of the bads are pretty bad. Besides that, a lot of the episodes are just mediocre.

Season 8: This season was very inconsistent towards the middle. Sometimes it teetered towards good, or sometimes towards bad, and others it just felt flat in mediocre. A lot of forgettable episodes, some not forgettable, and some unforgettable for all of the wrong reasons. When watching this season, I almost expected to be pretty meh on it, though on occasion it would come in with something really awesome or vice-versa. Kind of a wild-card, not something I'd watch, too risky. It actually, statistically wise, went a little towards bad more, which makes sense, because some are just too plain forgettable and boring to give the benefit of the doubt. I'd say watch it for mediocre SpongeBob, there's just better options in my opinion.

Season 6: Yeah I had this as my least favorite, but I don't think that anymore. It really did have some nice episodes. However, a lot of this is a flop HUGE. A lot of Squid Torture, a ton of annoying bits, and others really boring. This is what happens when Nick ignores warnings from 4 and 5 about a bad season, this. It mostly sucks, but I do like some of the episodes. I'd say there's about 8 solid episodes that I'd recommend. Does it make it worth it? No, but it does save it from being the worst in my eyes.

Season 7: Yep, I don't like this season. Just kind of a disaster. It's miniseries kind of sucked, it's time frame wasn't good, and it felt like the meanest of all the seasons. I don't have any episodes in this season that I thought were amazing. At least 6 could give me one, this season just can't. I like a decent amount, but if that's the best it can do then that's kind of sad. A lot of terrible episodes, and I get annoyed quite a bit by it. I've probably seen it the most out of all seasons, so I'm pretty qualified to call this one crap. I look for good in seasons, not bad, and when I can't find any good, then it's not worth it. I'd rather see Sand Castles in the Sand and The Splinter, than Earworm and One Coarse Meal. Season 7 is the worst season in my opinion.

Alright that's my reasoning. I hope I don't get in trouble for double posting, this is just an add on since it was a while after my other post.

nobody

Imitation Krab
Here's mine:
1.Season 9b (GOOD)
2.Season 2 (AMPLE)
3.Season 10 (ALRIGHT)
4.Season 11 (ALRIGHT)
5.Season 5 (FAIR)
6.Season 8 (FAIR)
7.Season 4 (FAIR)
8.Season 9a (FAIR)
9.Season 3 (FAIR)